The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"As a primary logo, the orca isn't going anywhere"

tas

Augh. We have the 3rd worst NHL logo.

The Blackhawks aren't only way too good to be true, but they also have imo, the best logo and goal horn in the entire league. Sigh...

I've think we've found a new team for you to go cheer for.

This call for Jersey change is just a ploy to make more money off the fans. As politely as I can.... screw off. I paid good money for my sweater.

and those like me that have 10 different versions (not every one) didn't pay that good same money 10 + times

current 3rd for me!

The word Canuck means to be a true canadian. Where the hell does a whale fit into this? I get it represents our coastal lifestyle, and has some form of aboriginal roots in there, but Canuck means CANADIAN, and you can tell by looking at it its just a corporate sell-off to the fanbase.

JOHNNY CANUCK FOR OUR LOGO!

how does the montreal c logo represent a canadien, which means french-canadian? and don't say the "h" in the middle standing for "less habitants" because it doesn't.

You mean a toilet bowl logo? ;)

The majority of Canucks fans(and that goes way beyond CDC) would love to see the hideous Orca gone.

Really? Any proof? Because the way I see it on these boards, it's split right down the middle 50/50.

This was great news as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sick of people whining on and on about the jersey. It is our identity, it associates with our most successful period to date and hopefully it will be worn when we have the ultimate success, a cup.

We have the least "responsible" fans in this league imo. They want to change something, every day they wake up. It's childish and immature and the Canucks deserve better, more steadfast support from their fans.

Also I noted with satisfaction how Benning and Linden batted away with ease many of the well stated but ultimately ignorant complaints from some in attendance. These guys know the business inside out and it was nice to see how the media "mouthpieces" were put in their place by common sense, logic and experience.

That's why these Q&As are worthwhile imo.

Our current jerseys are hideous. The orca will never be a classic look. This team will never have an original six look, may as well keep changing the jersey till we find something that looks good. The blue/green color scheme with orca and Vancouver lettering is terrible, and is going on 5-6 years with no change.

It's already a CLASSIC LOOK, it has been around for 20 years, please stop talking nonsense.

People seem to be under the impression that a jersey somehow governs the performance and stature of a team. How silly is that? It is the team's achievements that dictate the reverence a logo or jersey is held in.

Constant kit makeovers are the sign of also rans and gutless, no hopers, it's time for stability, like it or get lost.

I would have liked the flying plate of spaghetti with the original colours. I thought the Canucks brass would have changed the logo just to increase jersey sales. They seem to take fan concerns more seriously than the previous regime. They have made some tough decisions and have been clear with fans as to their reasoning. We may not agree, but that's the way she goes.

I do think it is cool to be able to see and know the eras of Canucks by seeing the different jerseys. The plus side on keeping the same jersey is that in time everyone will have the same style jersey.

Look at when we went to Calgary in the playoffs. Entire arena is a sea of red. Easy to pick out a random Canuck fan. I would like to see that in Rogers Arena. Sea of blue and green everywhere. I find this effect doesn't happen when everyone is wearing different colours/ Logos of the Canucks.

I am personally a fan of the blue and green color scheme and like the Orca. I work in tourism and every day talk to people who travel the world to come here and see Killer Whales. They are definitely relevant to Vancouver and the surrounding areas.

Killer whales/orcas are primarily found off the coast of Vancouver Island, not Vancouver. It's wrong to keep a logo that only caters to tourists, transients and the so-called 25 and under fanbase.

This is a 45 year-old franchise(3rd oldest Canadian NHL franchise) and for it to have a lasting and timeless identity, the classic Stick in Rink C and Johnny Canuck(one as the primary/one as the main secondary) need to represent the Canucks 24/7. The current colours are great and are enough to represent the Pacific Northwest.

I don't buy De Bonis's argument for ONE second. Any mumble of a logo change and his job is on the line. All potential logo/brand changes are strictly confidential. Even "No comment" doesn't cut it.

Killer whales/orcas are primarily found off the coast of Vancouver Island, not Vancouver. It's wrong to keep a logo that only caters to tourists, transients and the so-called 25 and under fanbase.

This is a 45 year-old franchise(3rd oldest Canadian NHL franchise) and for it to have a lasting and timeless identity, the classic Stick in Rink C and Johnny Canuck(one as the primary/one as the main secondary) need to represent the Canucks 24/7. The current colours are great and are enough to represent the Pacific Northwest.

I don't buy De Bonis's argument for ONE second. Any mumble of a logo change and his job is on the line. All potential logo/brand changes are strictly confidential. Even "No comment" doesn't cut it.

Thankfully your crystal ball was made in China and is constantly making you utter these fantasies.

It's already a CLASSIC LOOK, it has been around for 20 years, please stop talking nonsense.

People seem to be under the impression that a jersey somehow governs the performance and stature of a team. How silly is that? It is the team's achievements that dictate the reverence a logo or jersey is held in.

Constant kit makeovers are the sign of also rans and gutless, no hopers, it's time for stability, like it or get lost.

Like it or get lost? Who said I need to love the jerseys to be a diehard fan. Throwing out words like "gutless" in regards to a team jersey... Melodramtic much?

Archived