The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report)Baertschi will not accept qualifying offer

jono2009

This thread sums up this forum perfectly.....people that don't understand hockey.

Like wow a guy expected to play as a top 6 didn't sign a qualifying offer.......what a head case, what has he ever done in the NHL.

Good lord.....Do some research what an RFA actually means, what a qualifying offers actually means and the reason for them.

Love this stuff.

Sit back and watch the drama queens over-react.

Priceless entertainment value.

I wish I found it entertaining, but it really just makes me shake my head in disgust. The ridiculous speculation from some fans is just sad.

Standard negotiating practice? Check. Panic from some "fans" that will now wildly speculate about "character issues"? Double check.

I wish I found it entertaining, but it really just makes me shake my head in disgust. The ridiculous speculation from some fans is just sad.

Standard negotiating practice? Check. Panic from some "fans" that will now wildly speculate about "character issues"? Double check.

I recommend learning to enjoy it, and not caring too much about all the noise.

It's more fun, and it disempowers what deserves to be disempowered.

Now we're starting to know why the media loves it when this team is losing.

Media: Writes random sentence about Canucks during winning.

Fans: Meh, we're winning.

Media: Writes random sentence about Canucks during losing.

Fans: AAAAAGGGGGHHHH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS IS HAPPENING?!? OH GOD WHEN WILL IT END?!?!! YEEeeeeeEAAAAAaaaaaaAIIIEEEEEeeeee!!!!

As long as the local media remembers that the should support the Canucks during winning, instead of ducking away from any outside pressure, we'll be fine. The Canucks lost the media battle in 2011. In fact, they were dominated in that regard. Part of winning in the future will have to see that change too.

Given he has to clear waivers if the Canucks try to send him down next season, he's effectively on a one-way deal anyways so he shouldn't be too hung up on a two-way deal.

But he has leverage in the negotiations right now so why not ask for a 1-way?

It does make you wonder though that in spite of all we've heard about how high the team is on this kid and how much his old junior coach is behind him, why Kenins would get a 1-way while the supposed future of our team is offered a 2-way deal.

He has already been paraded out by management as being a key part of the "new" core, I am pretty sure his agent looks at things like that.

The Canucks didn't need to paint themselves into a corner, but they did and now the agent is doing his job.

"If you think he is that important, then pay him important money"

Archived