The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Coyotes sign John Scott

Coyotes Sign Scott to One-Year Contract:

GLENDALE, ARIZONA – Arizona Coyotes General Manager Don Maloney announced today that the Coyotes have signed forward John Scott to a one-year contract. As per club policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed.

The 32-year-old Scott recorded 3-1-4 and 87 penalty minutes (PIM) in 38 games with the San Jose Sharks last season.

The 6-foot-8, 260-pound native of Edmonton, Alberta has totaled 5-5-10 and 517 PIM in 274 career NHL games with the Sharks, Buffalo Sabres, New York Rangers, Chicago Blackhawks and Minnesota Wild.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774524

To me hockey was best in the early 90's before the dead puck era. Good flow, high scoring and every team had a enforcer. I dont get this waste of a roster spot bs. Fourth liners that can supposedly play now a days hardly top 10 goals so why not employ someone that will make the opposition think twice before trying anything stupid (cough). I still love fighting in hockey and hope it never fades from the game. I have no problem with the role of a enforcer.

To me hockey was best in the early 90's before the dead puck era. Good flow, high scoring and every team had a enforcer.

Too bad you didn't see the 'Last goal wins' 80's, that was an entertaining era!

Dude, he had a career-high in goals last year. I'm surprised the Penguins weren't in on this. Scott-Malkin-Kessel would look amazing.

lol. oh yeah gotta get those coveted 3 goal players. If he really tried he might be able to be an 8 point guy.

To me hockey was best in the early 90's before the dead puck era. Good flow, high scoring and every team had a enforcer. I dont get this waste of a roster spot bs. Fourth liners that can supposedly play now a days hardly top 10 goals so why not employ someone that will make the opposition think twice before trying anything stupid (cough). I still love fighting in hockey and hope it never fades from the game. I have no problem with the role of a enforcer.

Well Prust and Dorsett where second and third in the league for fighting majors last year so you should enjoy next season

Archived