The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning makes the Connection.

Me_

Winnipeg has had the whitest, and now the newest. They are excited about their product returning to Winnipeg, but Vancouver's fans are still the best as they continue to support the team every year no matter what. CSE will continue to entertain the fans here every season regardless of who is considered the best or the worst fans, a completely subjective and dynamic determination.

I dont see it outside, much less on here. All i see and hear is negativity about the team. If you wanna talk about support, then lets talk Habs fans. Went to a couple games there last year and boy did my head hurt after i left Bell centre. Its LOUD in there, and theres constant cheering for the team going around. Its way louder than they show on tv. And then there is Rog. Its embarassing how they have annouce "make some noise", to get the crowd going. So no the team doesnt get support from us.

I can't wait a few years from now when we have Virtanen, Gaunce, Grenier, Boeser, Stewart, Pedan, Tryamkin etc in the lineup. (Obv some of them might not make it)

But we're going to be a big, fast and very tough team to play against.

You sir are brainwashed or delusional. We are going to start a rebuild the same season the twins retire in like 3 more years. Hang on folks it's going to be a rough long 10 years

I dont see it outside, much less on here. All i see and hear is negativity about the team. If you wanna talk about support, then lets talk Habs fans. Went to a couple games there last year and boy did my head hurt after i left Bell centre. Its LOUD in there, and theres constant cheering for the team going around. Its way louder than they show on tv. And then there is Rog. Its embarassing how they have annouce "make some noise", to get the crowd going. So no the team doesnt get support from us.

I agree completely. I've been to flames and oilers home games and their buildings are a lot louder then ours. Our season ticket holders are west van snobs

I think Vancouver have smart and knowledgeable fans but we are a very reserved bunch that is waiting for the next bad thing to happen. The team seems to have reflected our fans since the WCE era but I think it is purely a coincidence.

Benning seems intent on building a more robust team. It'll be interesting to see if that will change the atmosphere at Roger's Arena.

After 82 After 94 After 2011..

We're in the dog days of a rebuild.

Heh, we made the playoffs and our prospects seem to be developing nicely.

Wait until the Sedin's either retire or really slow up and fans expect a bunch of 23 year olds to lead this team to an extended cup run. THOSE will be the dog days.

I think Vancouver have smart and knowledgeable fans but we are a very reserved bunch that is waiting for the next bad thing to happen. The team seems to have reflected our fans since the WCE era but I think it is purely a coincidence.

Benning seems intent on building a more robust team. It'll be interesting to see if that will change the atmosphere at Roger's Arena.

when I'm at a game in rog I'm embarrassed how many fans are confused when there there is a offside call. You've been in Canada for at least 10 years learn our game already.

That guy getting all roudy was an uneducated hockey fan, he thinks this team can be built into a Cup team with Sedins leading over the next 3 years. THis team will most likely miss the playoffs and he wants to talk Stanley Cup. Translplant from Florida who has no clue about hockey perhaps, or possibly smoking too much of that icky icky stuff.

You don't need a tough guy when your Norris d-man is the dirtiest /cheapest player on the team and anyone who goes near him gets tossed from the game while he goes on handing out elbows like candy on the 31st.

Still pissed,how can you tell? ;).

Effing right. Play like that and no one recalls that you are dirtier than Matt Cooke and Pat Kaleta.

You sir are brainwashed or delusional. We are going to start a rebuild the same season the twins retire in like 3 more years. Hang on folks it's going to be a rough long 10 years

Yep, It's going to be like the 80's again. The Alberta teams will once agian reign supreme, Mcdavid will be the new 99 scoring in bunches vs the Canucks. Oh boy, the 80's remember them like yesterday.

Yep, It's going to be like the 80's again. The Alberta teams will once agian reign supreme, Mcdavid will be the new 99 scoring in bunches vs the Canucks. Oh boy, the 80's remember them like yesterday.

Yes, Edmonton and Calgary had good off-seasons but there still is a ways to go before either of these teams are perennial contenders. The Canucks are behind them in the rebuilding process, sure, but you never know what can happen with injuries, pleasant surprises, cap crunches, etc.

when I'm at a game in rog I'm embarrassed how many fans are confused when there there is a offside call. You've been in Canada for at least 10 years learn our game already.

Most fan bases have an element of that. I hardly notice that when I've had the chance to go to games. Maybe we see different games, I dunno.

Yes, Edmonton and Calgary had good off-seasons but there still is a ways to go before either of these teams are perennial contenders. The Canucks are behind them in the rebuilding process, sure, but you never know what can happen with injuries, pleasant surprises, cap crunches, etc.

Edmonton and Calgary didn't just have good of seasons, they've been stocking up on top end young talent for years now. Cgy has top end forward and D talent, EDM has top end Forwards and have some Dmen ready to step in including a highly touted young Dman they acquired. We have nothing like that as of 1 minute ago. We haven't even started our rebuild yet.

You never know what can happen, true, I can win the lotto max but what are the chances. EDM has a generational talent and corner stone in Mcdavid, and you saw where CGY is compared to us just a cpl of month ago in the playoffs.

Wishful thinking to think otherwise. Fact is they were losing when we were on top for the past several years, now the tables will turn and it's a long time before we compete for the Cup.

The Habs have been around for over a century. That is a lot of history and cup wins to cheer about, regardless of their team's current performance. Both the Habs and CSE will continue to provide their fans with the top-notch entertainment experiences that will keep their fans enthralled for seasons on end. Both fanbases are extremely loyal and loud. Anyone who's been a fan of either team knows this. The bottom line is that both businesses are very successful because of their fans. Sure, fans may voice their displeasure now and then, and you can be ensured that Habs fans do this very often as well, but this is part and parcel of running a successful sports entertainment company.

The Habs have been around for over a century. That is a lot of history and cup wins to cheer about, regardless of their team's current performance. Both the Habs and CSE will continue to provide their fans with the top-notch entertainment experiences that will keep their fans enthralled for seasons on end. Both fanbases are extremely loyal and loud. Anyone who's been a fan of either team knows this. The bottom line is that both businesses are very successful because of their fans. Sure, fans may voice their displeasure now and then, and you can be ensured that Habs fans do this very often as well, but this is part and parcel of running a successful sports entertainment company.

Sure they have cups, and have had history. I don't think the way they support their team has a lot to do with the cups. I mean yes they can be happy a bout the cups, but that's not what support should be about. Supporting a team means loving them with dedication and passion, loyalty through thick and thin.I get what you mean. They have had their parades and they have seen it all. But for a city like ours, support at this time is much needed, but I don't see it anywhere. Everyone is just so negative and critical of the team, and perhaps they have a right to be. With that being said, a little bit positivity towards the team won't hurt. I am not saying everyone should get onboard with Jb & co, but they should at least have a tiny bit of faith in team.

Sure they have cups, and have had history. I don't think the way they support their team has a lot to do with the cups. I mean yes they can be happy a bout the cups, but that's not what support should be about. Supporting a team means loving them with dedication and passion, loyalty through thick and thin.I get what you mean. They have had their parades and they have seen it all. But for a city like ours, support at this time is much needed, but I don't see it anywhere. Everyone is just so negative and critical of the team, and perhaps they have a right to be. With that being said, a little bit positivity towards the team won't hurt. I am not saying everyone should get onboard with Jb & co, but they should at least have a tiny bit of faith in team.

Never mind the fans, even Guy Lafleur, hall of famer and hockey legend, often throws his old team and it's players under the bus. He is not the only example of Habs fans who do this. Sure, he may be drunk when he does this, but that's no valid out. Since he is a Habs legend, the team perhaps listens and continues on.

The mayor of Montreal, Denis Codere, is also a hardcore critic of his beloved team. He demanded David Desharnais to be sent to the AHL. This did not sit well with the team.

These are a couple high-profile examples of fans perhaps not supporting their beloved team as much as you would like. Since it's part of the business of hockey in Canada, it is very much expected by all the teams in these markets.

The Canucks made the playoffs and are continuing the process of providing entertainment for the fans, whether they write or say mean things about them or not. Since the Canucks are dedicated to winning games every season, more and more fans will turn around. The season may be long and hard, but it will be entertaining.

Sit back, relax, crack open another beer, and enjoy.

Effing right. Play like that and no one recalls that you are dirtier than Matt Cooke and Pat Kaleta.

Let's keep the reference current, it's Duncan Keith.

Who ever said that hockey was a gentleman's game. Give me a guy who's willing to pay the price. I don't care if you're an angel. Go Nux!

Let's keep the reference current, it's Duncan Keith.

Who ever said that hockey was a gentleman's game. Give me a guy who's willing to pay the price. I don't care if you're an angel. Go Nux!

I'm not just talking about that amazing elbow. There was a suspension for some pretty vicious stickwork and a bunch of other greats. I'm not totally feeling the double standard. Of course he deserved a Connie. He's a dirty piece. Whatever. No one in media drags him through the mud the way they do to so many. I think it is noteworthy. Like Weber breaking Zetterberg's helmet with a punch to the back of the head after the game, and no one noticing.

I didn't need to see the summit to know that JB gets it.

Slowly but surely he's making his team the way he wants it, anyone who doesn't truly believe TL/JB want to win is clueless.

You can't win overnight. CHI missed the playoffs nine of ten years before they were competitive and ANA missed 4/5. Plus, I'm certain ownership is meddling making things even tougher for JB.

That is what people forget. A rebuild takes time. A very well managed one like Anaheim, maybe 5 years. A less well managed one like Chicago, 10 years. We are starting now. Don't expect a significant upswing until season 2021-22. There will be a LOT of losing between now and then.

Archived