Baer-Sutter-Vrbata

Virtanen-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-McCaan -Dorsett

Cracknell

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Hutton-Bartkowski

Corrado, Weber

Was a little of on this starting roster but I am happy with what we ended up with.

9 games/christmas

Edit: Virtanen, Hutton and McCann sent down

I personally believe that Virtanen will benefit from being sent down but we should keep McCaan up.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Sutter-Vrbata

Baertschi-Cracknel-Higgins

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber/Bart

Depth guy-Sbisa

Grenier

Deadline

Some moves are made here...

To Mtl

Vrbata

To Van

Mtl 1st

Montreal has a scoring issue which Vrbata will help with, could to to Ottawa too as Murray said he will go after a top 6 frwd if he needs one

To ? (Depends on his NTC, most likely a contender though)

Hamhuis

To Van

2016 1st

Hamhuis will easily net a 1st from any contenter. We can retain salary if need be as he is UFA at season end.

Edit: took out the Weber trade. D-depth is good as much as I dislike weber

Edit: Removed Prust trade. Like him here

Sedins-Hansen

Baer-Sutter-Burrows 

Higgins-Vey-Dorsett

Prust-Cracknell-Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Bart-Sbisa

Weber-Biega

Guy

Draft

Fire Willie

Willie just doesn't line match or adapt well. His theory that not playing rookies so they don't make mistakes a little off. We also lack proper breakout or defensive zone systems. There's a lot wrong with this team and firing Willie isn't a quick fix but it's a start and I would rather Travis Greene. 

To wpg

Hansen

To Van

2016 3rd (value may be off but oh well)

At the draft we now have 3 firsts. This will vastly speed up out rebuild. Ideally we can package 2 firsts and move up to take Chyruchryn and then use the remainder on a top line potential LW and the rest of the 2nds on BPA.

Now we have defensive prospect depth with  Chyruchryn, 2016 2nds, Hutton, Subban and Brisebois all have top 4 potential. Some will bust but some will over achieve but atleast we have a cuppboard of d prospects.

UFA

I believe so we have bunch of cap space coming off the books so...

Sing Ladd 3yrs 7mil avg

Bring back Hammer! 2 years 4 mil avg

Lineup in 2016/17

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Ladd

Higgins-McCaan -Virtanen

Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett

Cracknell/Shink

Ideally by midseason virtanen takes Ladds place and Ladd takes Burrows place.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Sbisa

Hamhuis-Pedan

Biega/Weber

This lineup should be able to content for a play off spot... our young guns will have NHL experience and will be backed by the Sedins, Ladd, Miller, Edler and Tanev.

One tank season for multiple years of prosperity

Flame away, comment, discuss

Thank you for stopping the run of spam posts. One thing I'd like to add though, is that Higgins has said he doesn't want to go back east - if he does, it will be to the Isles though, so you got that one. If he does, I'd rather get our 2016 3rd back than NYI's.

I have to agree with Delta 76 on only two points (with some changes).

1. Higgins and 4th to NYI (not for DP) for RFA Brock Nelson.

Nelson is 23 6-3 206.

Scored 20 goals (10 on the PP)

Put on 2nd line with Horvat.

Move Burrows down to 3rd line LW.

Sign Eric Fehr (RW)

29 6-4 212.

Scored 19 goals on 3rd line in WSH.

Put him on 2nd line with horvat and Nelson.

2. Vrbata (at TD) to MTL.

4th round DP.

In regards to your line ups, Bonino never has been and never will be a 2nd line centre on the Canucks. He sucks. Leave him on the 3rd line between Burrows and Hansen.

Baertschi (if they sign him)/Kenins will be the 13th forward.

Pre TD:

Sedin

Sedin

Vrbata

Nelson

Horvat

Fehr

Burrows

Bonino

Hansen

Prust

Vey

Dorsett

If the Canucks improve by TD, make minor changes where needed.

If not, fire sale.

oh my lord, Weber was just signed and Virbata ia a rental, and JB has said he wanted and needed Prust. we may not like it but this is the situation we are now facing. It is possible that Higgins is on his way out, but make no mistakes we won't be getting high end drafted players in any deal. There still maybe one other move JB makes other than Virbata, but it to will be a deadline deal. I like what they have done so far, lets see what happens come sept.

I have to agree with Delta 76 on only two points (with some changes).

1. Higgins and 4th to NYI (not for DP) for RFA Brock Nelson.

Nelson is 23 6-3 206.

Scored 20 goals (10 on the PP)

Put on 2nd line with Horvat.

Move Burrows down to 3rd line LW.

Sign Eric Fehr (RW)

29 6-4 212.

Scored 19 goals on 3rd line in WSH.

Put him on 2nd line with horvat and Nelson.

Nelson is a fine target, but ...

From the Province White Towel article on the Summer Summit:

"... Linden revealed several tidbits, including his pitch that the Canucks have been trying to trade Chris Higgins but have found they cannot move his contract."

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/07/09/canucks-summer-summit-yes-it-could-have-been-miller-gone-if-benning-believed-in-lack/

Assuming that's correct, in what dreamworld does Snow trade the RFA rights to a young 6'3 20 goal scorer for Higgins and a 4th? In fact, even if it isn't correct, in what dreamworld does Snow trade the RFA rights to a young 6'3 20 goal scorer for Higgins and a 4th?

• 2 months later...

Updated the OP based on camp and recent trades. Thinking maybe keep Prust at the deadline instead. Also doubt he brings a 2nd back but forgot to change thst in OP.

Sutter is a damn expensive 4c but he will move up and down as Bo and McCaan experience slumps.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a pretty good proposal. I would not mind at all if things played out this way, but here's what I think:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Sutter

Burrows - McCann - Hansen

Prust - Cracknell - Dorsett

Edler  -  Tanev

Hamhuis  -  Weber

Hutton  -  Bartkowski

That's what I think the lineup should look like after the 9-game tryouts. Virtanen gets sent down and plays in the WJC. I doubt it happens, but hopefully Sbisa gets benched/scratched.

Trade Deadline:

To NSH/MTL/OTT:

Vrbata

To VAN:

2016 1st Round Pick

To NYI:

Hamhuis

2016 2nd Round Pick

2016 3rd Round Pick

To VAN:

Pulock

For the Vrbata deal, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the mentioned teams, just whoever will give up a 1st for him. I'm not 100% sure about the value headed back to the Islanders on the Hamhuis deal though. He is a guy that they have the cap space to resign, especially if the trade/lose Okposo. The only thing that changes is the defense and Sbisa can slot back in. Move Hutton up to top-4 only if he's ready; he can rotate with Bartkowski:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - McCann - Hansen

Edler  -  Tanev

Hutton/Bartkowski  -  Weber

Hutton/Bartkowski - Sbisa

Draft Day:

While we did give up some mid-picks in the Hamhuis deal, Pulock will be worth it. We end up with 2 1st rounders and we can select 1 LW and 1 D.

Free Agency:

Try to sign Hamhuis back on a 3-year, 10.5 million dollar deal (3.5 per)

I think that's all we really need to do. We don't want to bring in too many players and have to ship them out later.

This is a pretty good proposal. I would not mind at all if things played out this way, but here's what I think:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - McCann - Hansen

Edler  -  Tanev

Hamhuis  -  Weber

Hutton  -  Bartkowski

That's what I think the lineup should look like after the 9-game tryouts. Virtanen gets sent down and plays in the WJC. I doubt it happens, but hopefully Sbisa gets benched/scratched.

Trade Deadline:

To NSH/MTL/OTT:

Vrbata

To VAN:

2016 1st Round Pick

To NYI:

Hamhuis

2016 2nd Round Pick

2016 3rd Round Pick

To VAN:

Pulock

For the Vrbata deal, it doesn't necessarily HAVE to be the mentioned teams, just whoever will give up a 1st for him. I'm not 100% sure about the value headed back to the Islanders on the Hamhuis deal though. He is a guy that they have the cap space to resign, especially if the trade/lose Okposo. The only thing that changes is the defense and Sbisa can slot back in. Move Hutton up to top-4 only if he's ready; he can rotate with Bartkowski:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - McCann - Hansen

Edler  -  Tanev

Hutton/Bartkowski  -  Weber

Hutton/Bartkowski - Sbisa

Draft Day:

While we did give up some mid-picks in the Hamhuis deal, Pulock will be worth it. We end up with 2 1st rounders and we can select 1 LW and 1 D.

Free Agency:

Try to sign Hamhuis back on a 3-year, 10.5 million dollar deal (3.5 per)

I think that's all we really need to do. We don't want to bring in too many players and have to ship them out later.

Yeah I would be happy with things playing out that way too.

I'm not really hung up on singing Ladd, just thought it was a cool idea.

Interesting thought to trade Hamhuis for Pulock, haven't watched him play much but it would go along with JB's plan of acquiring players in their early 20's to speed up the retool.

Yeah I would be happy with things playing out that way too.

I'm not really hung up on singing Ladd, just thought it was a cool idea.

Interesting thought to trade Hamhuis for Pulock, haven't watched him play much but it would go along with JB's plan of acquiring players in their early 20's to speed up the retool.

I also wouldn't mind having Ladd in Vancouver, as long as its not for too much. We don't need any cap restraints whatsoever when we have to resign Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, etc.

With Pulock, he is a player who I think could be a great #2 D, which we don't have. We also don't have a #1 D, but I have an idea to fix that:

To ANA:

Vrbata

Higgins

Vey

Briesbois

To VAN:

Theodore

The Ducks need to turn this around NOW. Bringing in a guy like Vrbata is exactly what they need; a guy that can finish. The big guys in Anaheim can get him the puck, and he could also set up on the power-play. The fact that he's on an expiring contract is advantageous, because they need to resign Lindholm, Vatanen, Anderson, etc. in the offseason, and they don't have to commit to Vrbata.

Higgins is a guy that will help their bottom-6. Vey is a spare part, but could find his game playing with big guys who can do all the dirty work and still have some skill. Briesbois is a D prospect to replace Theodore.

The only reason the Ducks do this is because of their start, and they know that this could be their last year to make a deep run. If both of these deals are done, it ends up like this:

Out:

Vrbata

Higgins

Hamhuis

Vey

Briesbois

In:

Pulock

Theodore

We lose two forwards, which makes space for McCann and Virtanen. Losing Hamhuis really hurts our blue line, but I think it will be worth it.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen

Gaunce - Horvat - Virtanen

Prust - McCann - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Bartkowski - Weber

Hutton - Sbisa

The pain will be worth it for this future top-4:

Theodore - Pulock

Hutton - Subban

Thoughts?

I also wouldn't mind having Ladd in Vancouver, as long as its not for too much. We don't need any cap restraints whatsoever when we have to resign Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, etc.

With Pulock, he is a player who I think could be a great #2 D, which we don't have. We also don't have a #1 D, but I have an idea to fix that:

To ANA:

Vrbata

Higgins

Vey

Briesbois

To VAN:

Theodore

The Ducks need to turn this around NOW. Bringing in a guy like Vrbata is exactly what they need; a guy that can finish. The big guys in Anaheim can get him the puck, and he could also set up on the power-play. The fact that he's on an expiring contract is advantageous, because they need to resign Lindholm, Vatanen, Anderson, etc. in the offseason, and they don't have to commit to Vrbata.

Higgins is a guy that will help their bottom-6. Vey is a spare part, but could find his game playing with big guys who can do all the dirty work and still have some skill. Briesbois is a D prospect to replace Theodore.

The only reason the Ducks do this is because of their start, and they know that this could be their last year to make a deep run. If both of these deals are done, it ends up like this:

Out:

Vrbata

Higgins

Hamhuis

Vey

Briesbois

In:

Pulock

Theodore

We lose two forwards, which makes space for McCann and Virtanen. Losing Hamhuis really hurts our blue line, but I think it will be worth it.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Baertschi - Sutter - Hansen

Gaunce - Horvat - Virtanen

Prust - McCann - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Bartkowski - Weber

Hutton - Sbisa

The pain will be worth it for this future top-4:

Theodore - Pulock

Hutton - Subban

Thoughts?

keep Vrby, and get a first rounder for him st the TDL.  Get Theodore without including Vrby.

• 1 month later...
On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Delta76 said:

Just some ideas I nad for the coming season

Edit: Removed Higgins trade

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baer-Sutter-Vrbata

Virtanen-Horvat-Hansen

Prust-McCaan -Dorsett

Cracknell

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Hutton-Bartkowski

Corrado, Weber

Was a little of on this starting roster but I am happy with what we ended up with.

9 games/christmas

Edit: Virtanen, Hutton and McCann sent down

I personally believe that Virtanen will benefit from being sent down but we should keep McCaan up.

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Burrows-Sutter-Vrbata

Baertschi-Cracknel-Higgins

Prust-Vey-Dorsett

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber/Bart

Depth guy-Sbisa

Grenier

Deadline

Some moves are made here...

To Mtl

Vrbata

To Van

Mtl 1st

Montreal has a scoring issue which Vrbata will help with, could to to Ottawa too as Murray said he will go after a top 6 frwd if he needs one

To ? (Depends on his NTC, most likely a contender though)

Hamhuis

To Van

2016 1st

Hamhuis will easily net a 1st from any contenter. We can retain salary if need be as he is UFA at season end.

Edit: took out the Weber trade. D-depth is good as much as I dislike weber

Edit: Removed Prust trade. Like him here

Sedins-Hansen

Baer-Sutter-Burrows 

Higgins-Vey-Dorsett

Prust-Cracknell-Grenier

Edler-Tanev

Bart-Sbisa

Weber-Biega

Guy

Draft

Fire Willie

Willie just doesn't line match or adapt well. His theory that not playing rookies so they don't make mistakes a little off. We also lack proper breakout or defensive zone systems. There's a lot wrong with this team and firing Willie isn't a quick fix but it's a start and I would rather Travis Greene. 

To wpg

Hansen

To Van

2016 3rd (value may be off but oh well)

At the draft we now have 3 firsts. This will vastly speed up out rebuild. Ideally we can package 2 firsts and move up to take Chyruchryn and then use the remainder on a top line potential LW and the rest of the 2nds on BPA.

Now we have defensive prospect depth with  Chyruchryn, 2016 2nds, Hutton, Subban and Brisebois all have top 4 potential. Some will bust but some will over achieve but atleast we have a cuppboard of d prospects.

UFA

I believe so we have bunch of cap space coming off the books so...

Sing Ladd 3yrs 7mil avg

Bring back Hammer! 2 years 4 mil avg

Lineup in 2016/17

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Ladd

Higgins-McCaan -Virtanen

Gaunce-Sutter-Dorsett

Cracknell/Shink

Ideally by midseason virtanen takes Ladds place and Ladd takes Burrows place.

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Sbisa

Hamhuis-Pedan

Biega/Weber

This lineup should be able to content for a play off spot... our young guns will have NHL experience and will be backed by the Sedins, Ladd, Miller, Edler and Tanev.

One tank season for multiple years of prosperity

Flame away, comment, discuss

As long as the defence looks like that, this team will continue to suck wind. 

Edler is not a number 1.

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As long as the defence looks like that, this team will continue to suck wind. 

Edler is not a number 1.

Yeah I realize that this is a problem. To be completely honest I haven't looked into this years UFA too much and a lot depends on who signs a new contract. We are going to suffer on D until we get prospects emerging. That said I think that this lineup would still be competitive in the weak pacific division.

The Jets probably can't keep Ladd,Big Buff and Trouba so depending on who they sign maybe we get one of their defensemen?

2 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

Yeah I realize that this is a problem. To be completely honest I haven't looked into this years UFA too much and a lot depends on who signs a new contract. We are going to suffer on D until we get prospects emerging. That said I think that this lineup would still be competitive in the weak pacific division.

The Jets probably can't keep Ladd,Big Buff and Trouba so depending on who they sign maybe we get one of their defensemen?

I think Benning can't wait the five years it will take for defensive prospects to emerge. He will need to make a significant trade to help change the overall makeup of the defense. Either Tanev or Edler must be traded to make this happen as they both hold the highest value from the defensive core, but both lack the physicality and/or offensive flair necessary for a top pair to possess to compete in the West. Nothing personal against either player, as they do have solid TOI and possession numbers, but to try to pretend that they are leaders for an emerging d-core is pure folly.

And any forward group that has Burrows and Higgins in it, is bound for failure. Those players, along with Vrbata, Prust, and Dorsett have shown nothing in the way of character or urgency on the ice, in any way, shape, or form.

And Ladd has rode the coattails of the two Cups long enough, he's no difference maker. Especially at the price he's looking for. Not thank you sir.

Archived