The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you close to being banned?

Dazzle

There's way too many ways to ruffle feathers, especially if you're an opinionated person (or are drunk like TS all the time :lol:). And it's all ambiguous, up to the mood of the mod who makes decisions.

It's not like this is the only place to talk sports, politics, etc. on the internet. I just go by the mantra of just have fun, post, and if you get banned for it, oh well -- it's inevitable highly opinionated posters get banned.

1 warning from 2011, called another poster (won't name him) a moron after he had insulted me several times.

I wonder if the mods would consider having these warnings drop off after a certain length of time (say 5 years) kind of like insurance claims?

Ask the mod who gave them to you if they can be removed. A few have been known to remove them.

I had 0 for a while but got a warning from a mod who I never see post on these forums because I said Janay Rice had it coming for attacking Ray and mocked a poster who flipped their lid and acted like I'm okay with guys randomly hitting their wives for no reason. Apparently that's "trolling". :lol:

There's way too many ways to ruffle feathers, especially if you're an opinionated person (or are drunk like TS all the time :lol:). And it's all ambiguous, up to the mood of the mod who makes decisions.

It's not like this is the only place to talk sports, politics, etc. on the internet. I just go by the mantra of just have fun, post, and if you get banned for it, oh well -- it's inevitable highly opinionated posters get banned.

Ask the mod who gave them to you if they can be removed. A few have been known to remove them.

I had 0 for a while but got a warning from a mod who I never see post on these forums because I said Janay Rice had it coming for attacking Ray and mocked a poster who flipped their lid and acted like I'm okay with guys randomly hitting their wives for no reason. Apparently that's "trolling". :lol:

That does sound pretty troll man lol

0 warnings since 2009...pretty impressive for a Hawks fan on a Canucks message board.

Never been warned, but I was suspended for 2 weeks when another Hawks fan trolled a thread and all the Hawks fans in the thread were banned. The reason for my suspension: other. I have been very cautious since then to never do "other" ever again.

Archived