The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Three's Company

cabinessence

After the phenomenal success of the thread on The Brady Bunch,, it seems time to discuss another classic TV show, Three's Company. One of the joys I remember from my youth was watching Three's Company at 5:30 pm after finishing my paper route. I was a big fan. Jack and Larry? What a duo! The girls;Janet,Chrissy, Cindy, and Teri! Of course the zaniness of the landlords (The Ropers and Mr. Furley!)

Does anyone remember the several appearances by Jeffrey Tambor? He played various roles, perhaps most famously the eventual Ropers' neighbour, Jeffrey P. Brooks the Third. An interesting bit of trivia on that is that his father's name was allegedly Al! Brooks claimed that Al was short for Jeffrey!

One of my favorite episodes is when Jack buys a leather coat in a case of a misunderstanding. He walks through the front door and pulls off one of the better shuffles you will ever witness. He dubs his new purchase, Mr. Coat!

How about the episode where The Ropers returned and Stanley almost went to to toe with RF? Roper with the dukes up, and Furley with the air karate chops!

There was an ad that had viewers ponder who was the better landlord!

Well, there you have it! What is your favorite episode?

Cindy and Terri were really bad actresses..if there was one fault with this series it was that after Suzanne Sommers left.

Yes, I hated Cindy. Terri was a decent replacement, but obviously nobody was going to fill that void.

Does anybody remember the flop that followed? Three's a crowd.

My mom used to watch it and got me into it a few years ago.

My favourite episode is the one where Jack, Terri, Janet, and Larry go out to a cabin and Jack ends up falling in the water. That was one of the first episodes I watched and it got me hooked on the show. Another good one is the one where Jack accompanies Janet to some rich guys party and Jack ends up drinking The Rocket and dancing. I've seen every episode a few times except for the finale, I don't want it to end.

Yes, I hated Cindy. Terri was a decent replacement, but obviously nobody was going to fill that void.

Does anybody remember the flop that followed? Three's a crowd.

I loved Three's A Crowd. One episode even guest starred Larry and Greedy Gretchen! How about that surfer dude, EZ Taylor?!!

My mom used to watch it and got me into it a few years ago.

My favourite episode is the one where Jack, Terri, Janet, and Larry go out to a cabin and Jack ends up falling in the water. That was one of the first episodes I watched and it got me hooked on the show. Another good one is the one where Jack accompanies Janet to some rich guys party and Jack ends up drinking The Rocket and dancing. I've seen every episode a few times except for the finale, I don't want it to end.

Brilliant post. The rocket! A red drink if I recall. I once asked the bartender for a red drink so I could call it a rocket! In an interesting tie in to my previous highly acclaimed thread about The Brady Bunch, the "rich guy" in the "rocket" episode was played by Barry "Greg Brady" Williams!

One of my favourite shows of all time.

It was a must see even when it was just reruns everyday at 5:00

Loved the one where Jack ridiculed girls for doing yoga poses. So they got him to do the Lotus. When he asked how to get out of it Janet says 'That is next week's lesson.' So he bounces around the room in that position. LOL A great example of his excellent physical comedy. :)

Some great clips there! Another funny episode was when a building inspector tried to take a bribe from Jack. It was pretty humorous. Does anyone remember that Mr. Furley, in his first appearance ordered a scotch, with root beer, a cherry and some whipped cream? That caused some laughs too,

Pretty sure my parents have the entire series on DVD kicking around somewhere. I've seen pretty much all of it and really enjoyed it, and I'm not a fan of sitcoms

Archived