The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pacific division future centres

TheHockeyNerds

looking at the young centres the pacific division already has and the amount of quality centre prospects coming up, this division is going to be stacked down the middle with great players. Here are my rankings for who I think will be the 10 best centres that will play in the pacific division for the next decade or so. Thanks for reading!

1. Connor Macdavid (Edm)

2. Sean Monahan (Cal)

3. RNH (Edm)

4. Dylan Strome (Ari)

5. Bo Horvat (Van)

6. Sam Bennet (Cal)

7. Leon Draistl (Edm)

8. Jared MacCan (Van)

9. Richard Rakell (Ana)

10. Cole Cassels (Van)

Should note that players like JM(Van) and LD(EDM) may move to the wing in the future

What do you guys think? Is my list accurate?

looking at the young centres the pacific division already has and the amount of quality centre prospects coming up, this division is going to be stacked down the middle with great players. Here are my rankings for who I think will be the 10 best centres that will play in the pacific division for the next decade or so. Thanks for reading!

1. Connor Macdavid (Edm)

2. Sean Monahan (Cal)

3. RNH (Edm)

4. Dylan Strome (Ari)

5. Bo Horvat (Van)

6. Sam Bennet (Cal)

7. Leon Draistl (Edm)

8. Jared MacCan (Van)

9. Richard Rakell (Ana)

10. Cole Cassels (Van)

Should note that players like JM(Van) and LD(EDM) may move to the wing in the future

As of right now, I'd put McDavid 3rd, after Monahan, and RNH.

He hasn't proved didly squat yet in the NHL. Until he shows us what's he's capable of against men, he should definitely not be on the top of this list.

1. Connor Macdavid (Edm)

2. Sean Monahan (Cal)

3. RNH (Edm)

4. Dylan Strome (Ari)

5. Bo Horvat (Van)

6. Sam Bennet (Cal)

7. Leon Draistl (Edm)

8. Jared MacCan (Van)

9. Richard Rakell (Ana)

10. Cole Cassels (Van)

Ooo fun! Let me try!

1. McDavid (EDM)

2. Monahan (CGY)

3. Bennett (CGY)

4. Draisaitl (EDM)

5. Strome (ARZ)

6. Domi (ARZ)

7-9. Horvat, McCann, Cassels (VAN)

10. Nugent-Hopkins (EDM)

Hey jazz

I honestly think strome will be a bust.

And Domi will better suited on the wing.

Also Bo Horvat will be one of the best all around centres in the division.

We're going to have a lot of good centres in our division.

This is based on each player's projected primes.

1) McDavid (EDM)

2) Strome (ARZ)

3) Bennett (CAL)

4) Monahan (CAL)

5) Horvat (VAN)

6) RNH (EDM)

7) Mccann (VAN)

8) Cassels (VAN)

9) Rakell (ANA)

Left out Draisaitl and Domi because I think they'll end up as wingers.

1. Connor Macdavid (Edm)

2. Sean Monahan (Cal)

3. RNH (Edm)

4. Dylan Strome (Ari)

5. Bo Horvat (Van)

6. Sam Bennet (Cal)

7. Leon Draistl (Edm)

8. Jared MacCan (Van)

9. Richard Rakell (Ana)

10. Cole Cassels (Van)

This is a very optimistic from a Canuck point of view. If Vancouver ends up with 3 of the top 10 centers that would be extremely good. Especially as it seems that LA will have no centers in the top 10!

More realistically, I expect Cole Cassels to be a good, defensively oriented, shutdown 3C. That is excellent for a 3rd round pick. But I would not expect him to be on many top 10 lists.

McCann is an excellent prospect but is probably more of a longshot than most of the other names on the list. Still, he could be there in 5 years.

Horvat is obviously a much safer choice as he has already shown that he was a good NHL center when he was only 19. Having him at #5 seems reasonable.

And, as pointed out by Tony Romo, it will be a while before any of these guys displaces Getzlaf or Koptar. And let's not forget Logan Couture.

Only 22 and under:

1. Connor McDavid (EDM)

2. Sean Monahan (CGY)

3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (EDM)

4. Dylan Strome (ARI)

5. Sam Bennett (CGY)

6. Bo Horvat (VAN)

7. Leon Draisaitl (EDM)

8. Max Domi (ARI)

9. Jared McCann (VAN)

10. Rickard Rakell (ANA)

6, 7, 8 interchangeable

Hmm, Cali dried out? They have lots of skill right now in the middle though, so they still have lots of time.

Their "window" is closing. When the season starts, Getzlaf is 30...Kesler is 31...Horcoff is 37...Thompson is 31...only young guy is Rackell at 22. They've got 2-3 years to win the cup. If it doesn't happen in that time frame, you can count on Bob Murray to start dismantling it pretty quick.

But back to OP...I like your picks. The Pacific is going to be stacked with some solid centers. Hopefully Horvat, McCann, Cassels, and maybe Gaunce (if he's shifted back to center) will form a formidable foursome down the middle. Can't wait.

Only 22 and under:

1. Connor McDavid (EDM)

2. Sean Monahan (CGY)

3. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (EDM)

4. Dylan Strome (ARI)

5. Sam Bennett (CGY)

6. Bo Horvat (VAN)

7. Leon Draisaitl (EDM)

8. Max Domi (ARI)

9. Jared McCann (VAN)

10. Rickard Rakell (ANA)

6, 7, 8 interchangeable

Good list, but everyone seems to be forgetting LINDEN VEY.

Their "window" is closing. When the season starts, Getzlaf is 30...Kesler is 31...Horcoff is 37...Thompson is 31...only young guy is Rackell at 22. They've got 2-3 years to win the cup. If it doesn't happen in that time frame, you can count on Bob Murray to start dismantling it pretty quick.

But back to OP...I like your picks. The Pacific is going to be stacked with some solid centers. Hopefully Horvat, McCann, Cassels, and maybe Gaunce (if he's shifted back to center) will form a formidable foursome down the middle. Can't wait.

Honestly, even though both teams had terrible seasons, I still think San Jose and LA have some gas left in the tank and will for another 1-3 years. Anaheim's got another 3 years to stay competitive IMO.

After that, the page kind of turns towards the three Canadian teams.

Archived