The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Ryan Kesler with Anaheim

AriGold

Was hoping he'd be a man, hold out and beg to come back to the greatest city on earth. He has not. I'll hate him for eternity.

7 more years of kesler in a ducks jersey and 3 more juice... What a shame. Thanks jem benung

27 year old Ryan kesler deserves that contract.

Giving a 30 year old Ryan kesler that contract... meh.

I feel like he's worth it on a team like Anaheim, he was a big reason they were able to make the conference finals. They can afford it, he probably could have got like 7 if he went to free agency.

Was hoping he'd be a man, hold out and beg to come back to the greatest city on earth. He has not. I'll hate him for eternity.

7 more years of kesler in a ducks jersey and 3 more juice... What a shame. Thanks jem benung

With the rebuild that's going on here, He'll never come back..dude wants a cup...I still dislike him though.

Meh. I think we're gonna see lots of this. Anaheim is trying to shore up the next 5 solid years for endless cup runs.

Can't say it's a bad idea, but that cap hit could hurt if kesler keeps getting injured or slows down even more due to them

Look how this team has fallen, I don't blame Kesler for leaving and wanting to go to a winning team. Its been his dream to win a cup ever since he was a small child. Good for him, I hope he can win a cup with Bieksa.

That would be great seeing them win a cup together, even if it's not for Van.

Mike Halford@HalfordPHT 11m

Anaheim has now spent nearly $50 million to extend Kesler and Bieksa until they're 38 and 37.

Ouch, and Dreger reporting this:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 3m

$6.875 aav for Kesler. No move clause in first 5 yrs. limited no trade in final year of extension.

So they're stuck with him, not that they would have much luck moving him with that contract and the age he'd be when they decided to.

Archived