The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-NSH

Our 4th line consists of two 2.0mill+ players in Prust and Dorsett. They obviously don't play center. Vey isn't great at face-offs and he's better on wing, Gaunce has transitioned to wing, Friesen in my eyes lacks overall tenacity to be our 4th line center, and Horvat will be centering our 3rd line center role after Richardson's departure.

Cassels I think will have a very good Training Camp, however, I think the best decision for him and his future is if he went to Utica for a full year and play in a much more bigger role with Cal O'Reilly's departure. Hopefully, Green get's the best out of him which he seems to do a lot with our prospects. McCann could also benefit a year more in the OHL unless he plays absolutely lights out in Training Camp.

One player that inevitably got my attention is Max Reinhart. He's 23 years old, plays center, good at face-offs, play's a gritty game, he's got an offensive side to his game, very sweet skillset, and could definitely fit well with Prust and Dorsett.

Vancouver trades: Nicklas Jensen, 4th round pick.

Predators: Max Reinhart

Both need simple change of scenery. Nicklas Jensen to me has not been what he all thought a few years back. Lost his stride, being buried under our depth charts, and his inconsistency levels are excruciatingly concerning. That being said, I think he's going to be real good for NSH. I see him as a Benoit Pouliot kind of guy for the Preds.

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata(Burrows)

Baertschi/Bonino/Burrows(Vrbata)

Higgins/Horvat/Hansen(Virtanen, prospects)

Prust/Reinhart/Dorsett

Vey

Kenins.

Edit: Completely missed the Flames trade :P

I don't think the Preds bite. Reinhart has been dominant in the AHL and could break out in the next couple of years, whereas Jensen has continued to struggle in the AHL except for short hot streaks.

Max Reinhart isn't with the Flames anymore. He got traded to the Preds for a conditional 4th round pick.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who completely missed the trade.. edit incoming

Vey will be the Canucks biggest surprise this year. Albeit expectations are low if you ask Canuck fans. Vey was essentially playing as a rookie last season and now he knows what it'll take to stick as a regular and contributor full time.

What does he have? Speed, vision, creativity and hands. He is also motivated because he signed for only 1 year.

He needs some more strength, improve at faceoffs and become more aware away from the puck inside the defensive zone. A lot of young players need to realize and improve here.

Vey is my vote for exceeding expectations and having a cery solid second season for the Canucks.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who completely missed the trade.. edit incoming

Hate to make you go 0/2, OP, but Prust has played center, with Montreal and Calgary. :P

I wouldn't mind Higgins - Horvat - Vey 3rd line, then Hansen - Prust - Dorsett 4th line. Good mix of skill and grit.

Max asked out and the Flames obliged... it's unlikely that they'll recoup the 4th round pick.

There is no interest by Nashville for Jensen - they have too many bottom 6 players as it stands.
That being said he is waiver eligible and it's highly unlikely that he makes the team - GM Poile already said that he expects him to play in Milwaukee. So the Canucks could probably get him off the waiver wire unless a worse ranked team is also interested.
From the Canucks who do you trade away? Benning wants to carry 8D - which means 13F and for now there are already 14F with Sven and Virtanen so getting Max would mean moving 2 players. Only Kenins is still waiver exempt.

Our 4th line consists of two 2.0mill+ players in Prust and Dorsett. They obviously don't play center. Vey isn't great at face-offs and he's better on wing, Gaunce has transitioned to wing, Friesen in my eyes lacks overall tenacity to be our 4th line center, and Horvat will be centering our 3rd line center role after Richardson's departure.

Cassels I think will have a very good Training Camp, however, I think the best decision for him and his future is if he went to Utica for a full year and play in a much more bigger role with Cal O'Reilly's departure. Hopefully, Green get's the best out of him which he seems to do a lot with our prospects. McCann could also benefit a year more in the OHL unless he plays absolutely lights out in Training Camp.

One player that inevitably got my attention is Max Reinhart. He's 23 years old, plays center, good at face-offs, play's a gritty game, he's got an offensive side to his game, very sweet skillset, and could definitely fit well with Prust and Dorsett.

Vancouver trades: Nicklas Jensen, 4th round pick.

Predators: Max Reinhart

Both need simple change of scenery. Nicklas Jensen to me has not been what he all thought a few years back. Lost his stride, being buried under our depth charts, and his inconsistency levels are excruciatingly concerning. That being said, I think he's going to be real good for NSH. I see him as a Benoit Pouliot kind of guy for the Preds.

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata(Burrows)

Baertschi/Bonino/Burrows(Vrbata)

Higgins/Horvat/Hansen(Virtanen, prospects)

Prust/Reinhart/Dorsett

Vey

Kenins.

Edit: Completely missed the Flames trade :P

I'll forgo adding the "Fail" face palm but it could actually apply here.

Hate to make you go 0/2, OP, but Prust has played center, with Montreal and Calgary. :P

I wouldn't mind Higgins - Horvat - Vey 3rd line, then Hansen - Prust - Dorsett 4th line. Good mix of skill and grit.

http://faceoffs.net/player/brandon-prust

See, I always thought the same thing too, but looking at his faceoff stats, it really doesn't look like he played center very often.

Archived