The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama on Cosby scandal: Drugging a woman for sex ‘is rape’

DonLever

He was asked to comment on Cosby. He didn't want to comment on the case, since you are innocent until proven guilty. He dropped that line so as to show people that if Cosby did what was claimed, then he should certainly be punished. It was his round-about way of addressing the question. People ITT are just reading what they want to read so that they can make a joke and get some rep points.

He was asked to comment on Cosby. He didn't want to comment on the case, since you are innocent until proven guilty. He dropped that line so as to show people that if Cosby did what was claimed, then he should certainly be punished. It was his round-about way of addressing the question. People ITT are just reading what they want to read so that they can make a joke and get some rep points.

Of course Obama can't said Cosby committed the alleged crimes but if you read between the lines he thinks Cosby is guilty of what he is alleged of.

Obama is just voicing his opinion on the subject like millions of other people are doing. Only the most diehard supporters are sticking by Cosby. Like Whoopi Goldberg, though she is starting to change her tune.

Cosby's wife still believes he is innocent. She believe the sex was consensual.

Get out of here with your logic and reason. This is CDC and pretty much the whole reason it's entertaining is that rationality seems to go out the window once people start posting.

Of course Obama can't said Cosby committed the alleged crimes but if you read between the lines he thinks Cosby is guilty of what he is alleged of.

Obama is just voicing his opinion on the subject like millions of other people are doing. Only the most diehard supporters are sticking by Cosby. Like Whoopi Goldberg, though she is starting to change her tune.

It's weird that someone would have such a quick about-face like that, but according to some article I read earlier on my phone, ABC basically told Whoopi to stuff a cork in it.

The guy is still innocent until proven guilty, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying some humour at his expense:

3WqUqo1.jpg

"The View" co-host Whoopi Goldberg has been outspoken in her support of comedian Bill Cosby.

On Tuesday, she said on the show that she can no longer say "innocent until proven guilty."

"If this is to be tried in the court of public opinion, I got to say all of the information that's out there kind of points to guilt" she said during a conversation with ABC News chief legal analyst Dan Abrams.

More than 25 women have publicly accused Cosby of raping or assaulting them over the past 40 years. The comedian has never been criminally charged and has vehemently denied wrongdoing.

Goldberg recently said she had received threats for staunchly standing by Cosby.

On Tuesday, she invited Abrams to explain the legalities behind the accusations.

"I always thought that rape cases were open-ended," Goldberg said. "What we have learned is, there's no recourse for these women except what they're doing."

Goldberg joined Abrams in encouraging viewers to contact their legislators to have statute of limitation laws changed for rape cases so that women who allege such instances are not held to a time frame of when they can come forward with their claims.

At the end of the interview, Goldberg had a message for Cosby, who has remained mostly silent about the accusations.

"It looks bad, Bill," she said. "Either speak up or shut up."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/entertainment/whoopi-goldberg-bill-cosby-feat/

Changed by a long shot, I'd say :)

ManUtd, on 15 July 2015 - 6:09 PM said:

Get out of here with your logic and reason. This is CDC and pretty much the whole reason it's entertaining is that rationality seems to go out the window once people start posting.

Well said.

"When it comes to window blinds, vertical blinds are terrific but so are horizontal blinds."

:lol:

Been a while since I've seen that quote. So good.

Older SNL is so good. I'm on my cell right now, so I can't post it. But if you can track down Bill Murray's "Whipmaster" skit, you're in for a real treat.

Archived