The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Ducks sign Shane O'Brien

Ducks Sign Defenseman O'Brien to One-Year Contract:

The Ducks have signed defenseman Shane O’Brien to a one-year contract through the 2015-16 NHL season. Per club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

O’Brien, 31 (8/9/83), has recorded 13-79=92 points with a +6 rating and 916 penalty minutes (PIM) in 537 career NHL games. O’Brien began his NHL career with the Ducks, making his debut in 2006-07 (2-12=14 points with a +5 rating in 62 games). He went on to play for Tampa Bay, Vancouver, Nashville, Colorado, Calgary and Florida, compiling career highs in goals (4) and points (21) in 2007-08 with the Lightning. The 6-3, 230-pound defenseman has also appeared in 40 career Stanley Cup Playoff games with Tampa Bay, Vancouver and Nashville, scoring 2-3=5 points with 79 PIM.

Selected by Anaheim in the eighth round (250th overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft, O’Brien led the Ducks with 140 PIM during his rookie season in 2006-07. On Feb. 24, 2007, the Port Hope, Ontario native was acquired by Tampa Bay with a third-round selection in the 2007 NHL Draft in exchange for Gerald Coleman and a first-round pick in the 2007 NHL Draft.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=775058

Former Canuck now joins Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Kesler in Anaheim.

Only difference being SOB's back where he started his career. He won't get the same playing time either I'd guess, but hey.

OMG! The Pacific has gotten so much bigger and tougherrrrr this summer. Canucks have no chance!

The SOB signing has finally pushed you over the edge eh? :P

I sense sarcasm considering SOB will get limited at best minutes (or will he play in the AHL for them?).

OMG! The Pacific has gotten so much bigger and tougherrrrr this summer. Canucks have no chance!

Yes, indeed.

I'm not sure if you ever mentioned this before but do you like pie? And if so what flavour do you fancy?

Yes, indeed.

I'm not sure if you ever mentioned this before but do you like pie? And if so what flavour do you fancy?

I love pie. Lemon meringue, blueberry, strawberry-rhubarb, pecan - I love so many kinds of pie.

You? Like? Pie?

What a legend.

I blocked the rest of the game out of my mind though. Hatrick Kane

Rypien

Hordichuk

Bieksa

O'Brien

Those were the days.

All on the ice at the same time. Had actual toughness for a short amount of time during the AV era.

Archived