The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

James Holmes (Batman theatre shooter in Colorado) found guilty

Mr. Ambien

Honestly, we should just make a new Australia somewhere else. Prisoners could choose to either rehabilitate themselves or kill each other off. Either way, people would view it as a benefit to society.

Put up a few cameras and you'd have the worlds newest popular reality TV show!

Why drop him off in a place where he has a slight chance of surviving and getting away.

I say put him in the chopper, and throw him into the mouth of a live volcano.

Saves tax money, get rid of the *******.

It doesn't give him a chance to change.

Funny thing I've been saying basically the same thing... it's alot more inhumane in my head but anyone who has taken someone else's life and has stacking evidence and a confession should be thrown into a situation in extreme weather with deadly animals and no way of escape.. like a prison on a deadly island... hunger game like but with no winners....

Never said it was a pretty solution but people who take other people's life's shouldn't have the privilege of their own

Killian says hi.

The-Running-Man.jpg

Hmm. Should have called Saul.

Even Saul would figure out that this whole thing is a cover-up and James Holmes is nothing but a dupe. The dude sitting in court who appeared drugged beyond oblivion at the beginning was also likely not even James Holmes.

Oh look, what do you know, another 'training exercise' based on a gunman opening fire in a movie theatre were taking place at the same time...that's never happened before in previous terror attacks or mass shootings. :rolleyes:“The irony is amazing, just amazing,” said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

The real 'joker' is the mainstream media.

Yeah, call me a crazy nutbar. Apparently that's the new term for realist.

Even Saul would figure out that this whole thing is a cover-up and James Holmes is nothing but a dupe. The dude sitting in court who appeared drugged beyond oblivion at the beginning was also likely not even James Holmes.

Oh look, what do you know, another 'training exercise' based on a gunman opening fire in a movie theatre were taking place at the same time...that's never happened before in previous terror attacks or mass shootings. :rolleyes:“The irony is amazing, just amazing,” said Rocky Vista Dean Dr. Bruce Dubin.

It's something we've just accepted and moved on with. ;)

I think you're a government conspiracy.

Yes it does.

He'll change into a pile of goop.

You know what I mean... At least in the wild he has time to change. Dropping him or anyone else into a volcano just makes society impatient people who don't even care about anyone who does anything they view as bad... which, actually, I just described society.

Wow.

• 4 weeks later...

No death penalty for James Holmes:

BBC:

A jury in the US state of Colorado has spared gunman James Holmes the death penalty for killing 12 people at a screening of a Batman film in 2012.

He will serve life in jail without the possibility of parole.

The defence team had argued that the former neuroscience graduate student, now 27, was insane at the time.

The jury agreed with prosecutors that Holmes, though mentally ill, was responsible for his actions. But it was not unanimous on the death penalty.

That lack of agreement meant the jury accepted he would receive an automatic life sentence without parole.

One juror later told NBC News that two members of the jury were "on the fence" about the death penalty but that another was adamantly opposed on the grounds of mental illness.

"We ended our deliberations when one absolutely would not move," the juror said.

The decision of the jury - a panel of nine women and three men - was revealed by Judge Carlos Samour in a courtroom in the city of Centennial on Friday.

No death penalty for James Holmes:

BBC:

A jury in the US state of Colorado has spared gunman James Holmes the death penalty for killing 12 people at a screening of a Batman film in 2012.

He will serve life in jail without the possibility of parole.

The defence team had argued that the former neuroscience graduate student, now 27, was insane at the time.

The jury agreed with prosecutors that Holmes, though mentally ill, was responsible for his actions. But it was not unanimous on the death penalty.

That lack of agreement meant the jury accepted he would receive an automatic life sentence without parole.

One juror later told NBC News that two members of the jury were "on the fence" about the death penalty but that another was adamantly opposed on the grounds of mental illness.

"We ended our deliberations when one absolutely would not move," the juror said.

The decision of the jury - a panel of nine women and three men - was revealed by Judge Carlos Samour in a courtroom in the city of Centennial on Friday.

Sucks that he's not getting the needle/gas chamber but oh well, win some, lose some.

Props to the jury.

Archived