The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Scientists discover seaweed that tastes like bacon but is better for you than kale

Heretic

I'm curious though...a pound of feathers is the same as a pound of gold weight-wise...but look at the difference in volume. Would that apply here?

Probably not.

Even if a pound of this resulted in a large volume, it just means eating little strands of it wouldn't be enough to eat as a snack or as a side.

I love bacon but I dont eat it due to its ridiculous fat and sodium content. I like turkey bacon which is half way to as good tasting as real bacon and has about 1/3 the fat and sodium but I still dont eat it very often because even at its much lower fat and sodium levels it is still bad for me. BUT if you can make something fairly close to bacon flavored that is actually good for me Im in and I dont really give a damn how much it costs.

You do know the '/' signifies 'end', so you've just said "end re-open thread".

But I get your point, and absolutely a larger scale production would make it more easily affordable.

Actually the backslash was commonly used as the character to signify the beginning of a command. So even though it's used to mean "end" in "/thread", "/re-open thread" is perfectly valid.

/teach.

$90 a pound, I'll stick to regular bacon.

/thread..

Why not go for a walk on the beach, grab some of this stuff and dry it and grind it, voila you have the supplement sold in Europe @ $90 p/lb for free. The article says it grows wild on Pacific and Atlantic coast.

Cool. I would really like to try some

I am sure it tastes exactly like Spirulina or pretty dam close. Started using Spirulina a few months back and the positive benefits are phenomenal.

I noticed a gain in Strength, endurance, and recovery time during activities. This sh... is amazing. The powder really tastes and smells like fish food so tablets are my next try.

You kind of lose all nutritional benefits once you fry it, so stick with Kale.

If it's fried, it's going to be unhealthy. It's basically just salty seaweed that's absorbed oil. Whereas Bacon is pork fat that's been salted.

Archived