The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you ever had corrective eye-realignment surgery?

hsedin33

Lol Jesus.. And not better vision, its purely cosmetic. Its just to make one of my eyes appear to look the same direction as the other. Many people who have lazy eyes get it.

Go for it, it's a common surgery as long as you get a competent doctor to do it. As long as the guy doing the surgery doesn't cause any nerve damage, all they'll really do is have some fun yanking around your eyeball(s) muscles until you look normal.

It's actually something that I've worried about as I'm getting older. My right eyeball seems like it may have moved ever so slightly upwards.

My question is... which eye do they correct?

It seems like the end result would be the same either way.

They make sure both eyes are looking forward. It may be more than the one eyeball that needs the surgery. It all depends on what the doctor and patient decides to do.

Go for it, it's a common surgery as long as you get a competent doctor to do it. As long as the guy doing the surgery doesn't cause any nerve damage, all they'll really do is have some fun yanking around your eyeball(s) muscles until you look normal.

It's actually something that I've worried about as I'm getting older. My right eyeball seems like it may have moved ever so slightly upwards.

I've known a couple people who did it. I just hate hospitals and getting into that gerney thing, ugh..

I've known a couple people who did it. I just hate hospitals and getting into that gerney thing, ugh..

Once they knock you out, you'll be fine. I have never had surgery on my eyes, but I have had surgeries before.

If they do both of your eyes then you won't have to look at a thing afterwards. You'll have a handy dandy cane for a short time that you can hit people with!

Archived