The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Party votes who represents them. Anyone who doesnt win can leave party and run for president as an independent.

Has an independent ever won or been close?

I can't imagine that Trump gets selected over Jeb but I guess if he gets a chance to debate with Clinton and asks her the email questions they may think he is their best option. Who knows. I just want to see him debate with the big club. Epic

yah trumps a total ass what a fool i like john mccain while i dont agree with everything he stands for i respect the fact that he sacraficed a lot in vietnam 6 yrs is a long time to be prisoner and the fact that he chose to stay because others were there as well is pretty honourablei think if i saw yrump id spit in his face hes a coward and a punk. trump better shut his trap or el chapo is gonna get his boy to do some drivebyes. The whole vietnam war was absurdly unneeded they are peaceful fisherman and farmers no threat to the states not sure why the yanks were so scared about the commies, peace not war would make the world a better place instead of fire bombing women and children in villages with napalm or drones in afganistan. the war corporations need to be held accountable

Trump would have been 20 in 1966. So what, he stuck around university long enough to evade going to Vietnam?

Moron. Bet he wouldn't have been nearly 1/1000th as brave if he had an M-16 walking in the jungle.

GOP always have a way to turn military experience into nothing during an election. They made Kerry look like a faker when Bush had a cush position. Now Trump is just playing the same game. McCain is not even running, so that was a bad idea to attack him.

On face value, he is right that being captured doesn't make you a hero. Imperial Japan would have branded him a coward. It is the fact that he was tortured and survived as a POW for many years that makes him respectable, and he is a few GOP who spoke against US torturing Arabs. His life story is admirable. I like Mccain, except for his trigger happy stance like wanting to bomb Iran first before diplomacy, or selecting Palin, somewhat reckless.

Has an independent ever won or been close?

I can't imagine that Trump gets selected over Jeb but I guess if he gets a chance to debate with Clinton and asks her the email questions they may think he is their best option. Who knows. I just want to see him debate with the big club. Epic

Ross Perot was by far the closest Independent in modern times, but he still didn't even win any states. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1992

I think he participated in the debates though. Before that I think the only close Independent was Teddy Roosevelt when he left the Republican Party (not counting pre-1900 elections).

Donald Trump is a legend. He's the USA's only hope at this point. Any argument calling him a "loser" for not going to war is dumb. Guy wouldn't likely have been a billionaire if he went to that useless war, or alive at all. #TRUMP2016

Trump and the draft during the Vietnam war: Trump was in college and got 5 deferments while on his way to a business masters degree. After he graduated the draft was still in effect. His daddy was a wealthy real estate developer with political connections and somehow Trump got a medical deferment followed a year later by being declared permanently unable to serve. The records do not indicate the details of how or what the medical condition was that sidelined him for the duration. Im sure it must have been terrible for him.

P.S. Trump says dumb things to garner attention. That is all. It feeds his ego.

Trump and the draft during the Vietnam war: Trump was in college and got 5 deferments while on his way to a business masters degree. After he graduated the draft was still in effect. His daddy was a wealthy real estate developer with political connections and somehow Trump got a medical deferment followed a year later by being declared permanently unable to serve. The records do not indicate the details of how or what the medical condition was that sidelined him for the duration. Im sure it must have been terrible for him.

I believe the medical term for his condition is known as "cowardice".

It also affected Dick Cheney to the tune of 5 deferments.

It is only known cure is a spine transplant.

You're just jealous he's filthy rich and you're not. Like every Trump hater. The guy has earned every right to say whatever he wants. Especially about losers like McCain who sit around and do nothing. He is an action politician and he will fix what has been wrong in America for so long.

#TRUMP2016

You're just jealous he's filthy rich and you're not. Like every Trump hater. The guy has earned every right to say whatever he wants. Especially about losers like McCain who sit around and do nothing. He is an action politician and he will fix what has been wrong in America for so long.

#TRUMP2016

Bare assertion, with no logical evidence. You assume since he is against Trump and stated a few facts that he's jealous.

But I'm curious, please explain how Trump will fix what's wrong with America if elected.

Maybe that's why he lose all his hairs?

Bare assertion, with no logical evidence. You assume since he is against Trump and stated a few facts that he's jealous.

But I'm curious, please explain how Trump will fix what's wrong with America if elected.

Tougher on immigration/borders, especially with Mexicans and Muslims..

Action in the Middle East... Tougher on ISIS.. Ground game... Sanctions on Iran and supporting Israel

Fixing the gigantic debt problem with his vast financial knowledge.

Realization climate change is fake..

Willing to stand up to China..

Willing to remove Obama care (The incredible failure)

Increased Jobs...

If you don't think protecting the constitution of the United States is a good thing, you're crazy.

Action in the Middle East... Tougher on ISIS.. Ground game... Sanctions on Iran and supporting Israel

Increased Jobs...

If you don't think protecting the constitution of the United States is a good thing, you're crazy.

I'm the one who's crazy?

Increased Jobs...

Well, good thing he isn't the president and neither you, because if he was the president of US, it would take him less than a year to make US economy go down the drain. Tougher on middle east and standing up against China? Yeah, am sure that would fix the economy, would sound like an idiot that came up with that idea. Honestly he would make US isolated from the world and would be the worst president in US history, even worst than that moron G.W. Bush.

Archived