The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

His remarks were is response to McCains comments of calling his supporters 'crazies. While Trump is a blow-hard, it was dumb of McCain (especially as he's a paid government employee) to say that about American citizens. Trump had to defend himself and his supporters, so in that context it makes complete sense. A war-hero is not a legally defined term, so really they are just stupidly fighting over a point of view. Trump went somewhat went back on his remarks, albeit super briefly on the O'Reilly show, which he is allowed to do, its a free country and no one is infallible. By definition, everyone who crosses the border illegally is a criminal under the eyes of the law (punishable by up to 6 months in prison), so Trump is technically correct for calling them criminals. I am all for finding a way to help those in need find a better life away from a life of suffering, but technically speaking, Trump is not wrong. I think people support him because he has a hardnosed 'take no prisoners' mentality, but that will end up biting him in the end, and there is no way Trump takes the presidency. Hillary for prez.

Which is why I said out of context or not, as if his remark was somehow justified one way or another, discrediting McCain like that was uncalled for - especially for the reasons stated. Yes, technically all illegals are criminals, obviously. It was his assertion that most crossing the border are rapists, drug dealers, and gang bangers. I don't call it taking out of context as that implies what he has said has been misrepresented The media hasn't done that. He has merely said a lot of stupid sh*t that he can't defend and that's evident. It's only requires common sense to know he's wrong. Maybe call it uncommon sense since it's not all that common anymore. But common sense is not evidence. However we have evidence he's wrong there as with just about every wild claim as mentioned.

He's loud, he's vocal, he's a character that gets everyone's attention. He's great at what he does. But people like him are dangerous in their own way. Especially when so much of that country is ignorant as hell. Brewing hate and pounding the fear drums all for political and personal gain. He doesn't even have to believe what he's saying - the increasing number of voters swaying towards him do believe him though. The sooner he's dropped from this race the better.

Sanders for prezzzz. He said he's running a campaign on truth and I haven't heard a lot of him yet but what I have I can't exactly disagree with..

Anyway! Good chat, moving on for now

That's the problem with these splashy Trump quotes. The general public hears them in a vacuum and not in the context of the conversation.

True, but Trump is very entertaining.

That stunt revealing Linsey Grahms cell phone number on live TV was hilarious.

I'm super keen on hearing him in the GOP primary debates. The other 9 candidates are going to attack him pretty hard. Sadly, I doubt anyone will be talking about policy, rather just repeating Trumps silly comments over and over again.

I'm super keen on hearing him in the GOP primary debates. The other 9 candidates are going to attack him pretty hard. Sadly, I doubt anyone will be talking about policy, rather just repeating Trumps silly comments over and over again.

Here's the thing about that...

When someone insists on saying stupid things all the time, they might just be stupid...

Here's the thing about that...

When someone insists on saying stupid things all the time, they might just be stupid...

What does that have to do with wanting to watch the debates? I'm just saying the focus will probably be on trumps comments, rather then policy.

Also, just saw Dennis Rodman show support for Trump lol, so gross. Plus trump is religious, anti-abortion, anti same-sex marriage and a climate change deniar. Ew.

What does that have to do with wanting to watch the debates? I'm just saying the focus will probably be on trumps comments, rather then policy.

Also, just saw Dennis Rodman show support for Trump lol, so gross. Plus trump is religious, anti-abortion, anti same-sex marriage and a climate change deniar. Ew.

:huh: Nothing.

I was commenting on the fact that you're lamenting the possibility that the other GOP candidates will focus on Trump's stupid comments. I thought I made that clear by putting the pertinent sentence in bold.... :unsure:

:huh: Nothing.

I was commenting on the fact that you're lamenting the possibility that the other GOP candidates will focus on Trump's stupid comments. I thought I made that clear by putting the pertinent sentence in bold.... :unsure:

so many similarities of words in english and portuguese. wierd... :frantic:

US politics are dumb as the brazilian ones. just change the language... :frantic:

I'm pretty right-of-centre, but I'm tired of Trump. He's a good side show, a good target, someone who is willing to speak their mind and damn the consequences.... but can't the GOP actually have some real candidates for change?

I'm sick and tired of hearing all those wacko-bible thumping politicians who think you can pray someone's homosexuality away running for office. Or some stereotypical rich southern white guy trying to give it a go.

There are tons of more moderate centre-right people, many who belong to a visible minority or something, who has the background and credentials to run. Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice are the two names that comes to mind. Although both part of Dubya's regime, with Powell being forced to sell us the WMD story (can't really blame him as the CIA and all major intelligence agencies all got it wrong).

The former Sec of State and retired 4-star general.... African-American too.... except for that little thing called Iraq, he would steamroll any contender for the Presidency.

Same story with Condoleeza Rice... a woman and black. There will be no "OMG... Retardicans are so racist and sexist.... choosing a black woman to run for President... oh wait...." Her role as Secretary of State gives her tons of diplomatic experience, an university professor, head of the NSA for a time.

There's a theory that holds some water, and that is that Trump is actually a Democrat, and he's just trolling the GOP. He's good friends with the Clintons, has called the previous Clinton economy the best economy, has called Bush the worst president ever, was liberal on abortion, etc.

trump-clinton.jpg

Likely the GOP will kick him out and force him into being an independant sideshow candidate, and the public will eat it up. This is Ross Perot all over again. Splitting the right, ensuring a Clinton landslide in 1992.

I think Hillary wins regardless, but this storyline has grown to be hilarious.

History is repeating itself. Just before Bill Clinton came to power and the US started the 90's tech boom, Japan's stock market collapsed. This is happening in China right now! (I won't get into the whole world-controlling central bank angle here, but you can at least see a pattern.)

The aftermath of Hilary winning (and she will win) will likely see another economic boom, or bubble, that will lead to the temporary enrichment of the middle class in the US. Again. I think the bubble, which is already here on a relatively small scale, will be based on green energy and carbon. (It doesn't matter what the bubble will be based on, but this seems reasonable, considering our environment.) There's going to be a billion startups in this field and not many will be moneymakers, but wallstreet will dump loads of fake cash on them regardless to boost value and the masses will climb aboard full pull.

The trick will be knowing when to hop off. (2023, at the latest, when Clinton is almost out) So buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Archived