The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal for Hamuis trade

Hi there this is my first proposal so be kind please :)

This is a deadline proposal too and the Preds have cap room and are gonna be a top team

To back to Nashville: Hamuis

To Vancouver: 2016 1st, 2017 2nd

Then resign him in the summer after the rental lol

Hi there this is my first proposal so be kind please :)

This is a deadline proposal too and the Preds have cap room and are gonna be a top team

To back to Nashville: Hamuis

To Vancouver: 2016 1st, 2017 2nd

Then resign him in the summer after the rental lol

Well I hardly think the Preds will spend a first on a Dman who decided to walk out on them as soon as he could. Plus they're pretty heavy on the back end they need more quality help up front I'd say. Sorry not trying to be discouraging but I don't know if this deal makes sense for them. It certainly would be great for us tho I'll give you that

Doubt Hamhuis gets us a 1st and a 2nd round pick, maybe a 1st rounder at the very most. The way I see it is comparing the Hamilton and Bieksa trades for picks.

Bieksa, an old, not-so-great veteran brings us a 2nd round pick.

Hamilton, a young and fantastic defenceman brings in a 15th overall + two 2nd round picks.

Hamhuis falls a little bit in between but much closer to Bieksa. In my opinion he'd be worth a late first round pick or early 2nd round pick considering how deep the 2016 draft is going to be. With that in mind, I'd much rather trying to package Hamhuis + a winger prospect for a stud young defenceman or high first rounder.

Can't compare early summer trades for deadline trades, the latter always gets more fruit - so I say yes somebody will pay a first and 2nd (or 3rd) for him. Also next year isn't as deep a year as some people think, the top ten are golden though.

Doubt Hamhuis gets us a 1st and a 2nd round pick, maybe a 1st rounder at the very most. The way I see it is comparing the Hamilton and Bieksa trades for picks.

Bieksa, an old, not-so-great veteran brings us a 2nd round pick.

Hamilton, a young and fantastic defenceman brings in a 15th overall + two 2nd round picks.

Hamhuis falls a little bit in between but much closer to Bieksa. In my opinion he'd be worth a late first round pick or early 2nd round pick considering how deep the 2016 draft is going to be. With that in mind, I'd much rather trying to package Hamhuis + a winger prospect for a stud young defenceman or high first rounder.

I think you're flat-out wrong.

Sekera got a 1st and a 2nd (McKeown) at last year's deadline. And Hamhuis is just as highly regarded (and has been far more consistent). In Vancouver, Hammer has had to prop up his partner for too long. But at the World Championships, he was on the top pairing with Brent Burns, and the two totally dominated. The previous year he was an Olympian for Team Canada as well. He's still a #2/#3 defenseman, and a damn good one at that.

But in the case of Bieksa everybody could see that he's regressed. He's still a solid bottom-pairing guy who can cover a 2nd pairing spot with the right partner, but no longer in the same league as Hamhuis. Despite this, with his experience, character, and leadership, he was still worth a (likely) late 2nd round pick.

And I wouldn't use Hamilton's return as an indication of anything. The reaction from almost everyone was that Boston was out of their minds trading him for that little. The only explanation seems to be that they had the 15th pick, then they had the Lucic trade worked out to include 14th, they pressed hard to specifically get 16th - simply for the novelty and spectacle of having 3 consecutive first rounders.

the only place he can go is to a contender who has cap room..........but if you look real hard which contendor still has cap space........

that's going to limit the options for any trade of hamuis..........think trade deadline when the cap hit will be minimized for a prospect and a high draft choice........

the only place he can go is to a contender who has cap room..........but if you look real hard which contendor still has cap space........

that's going to limit the options for any trade of hamuis..........think trade deadline when the cap hit will be minimized for a prospect and a high draft choice........

So maybe to retain some salary but i think we can get a 1st and 2nd cause hes really good

And thanks to every one for the kind in put and suggestions :)

I think you're flat-out wrong.

Sekera got a 1st and a 2nd (McKeown) at last year's deadline. And Hamhuis is just as highly regarded (and has been far more consistent). In Vancouver, Hammer has had to prop up his partner for too long. But at the World Championships, he was on the top pairing with Brent Burns, and the two totally dominated. The previous year he was an Olympian for Team Canada as well. He's still a #2/#3 defenseman, and a damn good one at that.

But in the case of Bieksa everybody could see that he's regressed. He's still a solid bottom-pairing guy who can cover a 2nd pairing spot with the right partner, but no longer in the same league as Hamhuis. Despite this, with his experience, character, and leadership, he was still worth a (likely) late 2nd round pick.

And I wouldn't use Hamilton's return as an indication of anything. The reaction from almost everyone was that Boston was out of their minds trading him for that little. The only explanation seems to be that they had the 15th pick, then they had the Lucic trade worked out to include 14th, they pressed hard to specifically get 16th - simply for the novelty and spectacle of having 3 consecutive first rounders.

Or you know the most logical explanation, that Boston actually valued the LA pick quite highly. Somehow I doubt a newly appointed GM at the start of his career as a top executive would trade an asset like Hamilton for the "novelty and spectacle of having 3 consecutive first rounders".

Archived