The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Protesters Burn LGBT Flags In Texas…

Heretic

LOL? Not.

How about the non religious eh? Gee - they're not perfect neither. Instead of doing it "for their religion" they do it just for hate.

It's bloody sad is what it really is - and NO side is in the right - if you believe you are than you're just naive and hiding behind "others" problems.

What side? What are you babbling about? Yes, non religious do it for hate. Good people do good, bad people do bad, but for good people to do bad, that takes religion. Good and bad people are religious and not. When religion motivates people to do bad, don't point the finger at the atheist rapist without pointing it at the 60 Christian rapists next to him (what do atheists make up, 1% of prison populations? Less?).

Read the racist black article on the front page I hope it makes you feel better..

No - it doesn't make me feel better - just reiterates my opening sentence...my faith in humanity is going out the window...

What stood out for me about that one (didn't read anything else until you mentioned it" was that the author has the gall to say "I am not a racist" - obviously he's never seen a mirror before...

What side? What are you babbling about? Yes, non religious do it for hate. Good people do good, bad people do bad, but for good people to do bad, that takes religion. Good and bad people are religious and not. When religion motivates people to do bad, don't point the finger at the atheist rapist without pointing it at the 60 Christian rapists next to him (what do atheists make up, 1% of prison populations? Less?).

Ah - so it's "quantity" you're after?

1 rape or 1000 - all are equally bad.

But since you went there, remember that more atrocities have been committed throughout our dismal history by - NON RELIGIOUS.

So it's not I that's a "babbling" and cherry picking strawman.

Ah - so it's "quantity" you're after?

1 rape or 1000 - all are equally bad.

But since you went there, remember that more atrocities have been committed throughout our dismal history by - NON RELIGIOUS.

So it's not I that's a "babbling" and cherry picking strawman.

I don't have the patience to chew this thoroughly enough for you. If you don't see a difference between a bad person who happens to be Christian or atheist, and a bad person whose actions are driven by religion, you're hopeless.

Stalin was an atheist. My argument is invalid.

I don't have the patience to chew this thoroughly enough for you. If you don't see a difference between a bad person who happens to be Christian or atheist, and a bad person whose actions are driven by religion, you're hopeless.

Stalin was an atheist. My argument is invalid.

There is NO difference.

Here, read this non religiously motivated story:

http://globalnews.ca/news/2125439/man-who-unleashed-racist-abuse-on-calgary-cab-driver-identified/?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

Lol. Because Christians only refuse to bake cakes and never bomb abortion clinics and murder doctors, abuse children, run residential schools, should I go on or do you get the point? Both religions need to die a quick death, you're fishing for a double standard that just isn't there, bud.

I think you missed the point. Christians and Muslims do stupid, ignorant, and horrific stuff.

I'm merely commenting on the reactions observed about the recent LGBT stories involving both religions. There is an obvious double standard in the way it's presented by the media and how a lot of people react to it.

Not that I really want to discuss with you anyways since you don't actually ever discuss anything bud.

I think you missed the point. Christians and Muslims do stupid, ignorant, and horrific stuff.

I'm merely commenting on the reactions observed about the recent LGBT stories involving both religions. There is an obvious double standard in the way it's presented by the media and how a lot of people react to it.

Not that I really want to discuss with you anyways since you don't actually ever discuss anything bud.

I guess better late than never for anyone else to figure this out. :lol:

Strange, I haven't noticed any double standard, at least in the comments on CDC. People either excuse religion as a whole, or condemn it as a whole. And I'm no stranger to religious threads on CDC.

It's not that I don't ever discuss stuff, it's that very few people have anything of value to say. Refer to my post history if you're still not convinced.

What double standard...

Obviously people know by now the barbarity of certain Muslims and groups alike against minority's and oppressed peoples like the LGBT. It's no secret..

It really comes down to it just being one of those things..

Long story short Christians may not throw gays off buildings or beat lesbians with shoes, but they still opress via other means

Also back to my original comment heretic has a history of posting this sort of material to engulf people against Muslims and Islam, and he happens to post during pivtol times... He and Jazz are like bible buddies or something..

What double standard...

Obviously people know by now the barbarity of certain Muslims and groups alike against minority's and oppressed peoples like the LGBT. It's no secret..

Long story short Christians may not throw gays off buildings or beat lesbians with shoes, but they still opress via other means

Also back to my original comment heretic has a history of posting this sort of material to engulf people against Muslims and Islam, and he happens to post during pivtol times... He and Jazz are like bible buddies or something..

The nerd in me was like.. Super Bible Bros, make it happen Nintendo.

What double standard...

So....you're saying I post at pivotal times is a compliment?

Thanks!

Theists are quick to highlight that the iron fisted Stalin was atheist. Those same iron fisted tactics employed in the 30s helped save the Soviet Union from being obliterated by a Christian fascist in the West hell bent on exterminating hundreds of millions of people and conquering half the world. Without him the war is prolonged greatly and the outcome may have been different. A necessary tyrant if you ask me.

Anyway, religious fanatic or not, people have commit atrocities for all sorts of reasons. But religious fanaticism is always going to be one of the biggest threats to safety and well being of people. Far more than some atheist tyrant wherever the next one may spring up. Islam is atop the list but Christianity isn't far behind.

Theists are quick to highlight that the iron fisted Stalin was atheist. Those same iron fisted tactics employed in the 30s helped save the Soviet Union from being obliterated by a Christian fascist in the West hell bent on exterminating hundreds of millions of people and conquering half the world. Without him the war is prolonged greatly and the outcome may have been different. A necessary tyrant if you ask me.

Anyway, religious fanatic or not, people have commit atrocities for all sorts of reasons. But religious fanaticism is always going to be one of the biggest threats to safety and well being of people. Far more than some atheist tyrant wherever the next one may spring up. Islam is atop the list but Christianity isn't far behind.

No mention of "Stalin" in my source.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html

Mankind is the biggest threat to the safety and well being of people.

No mention of "Stalin" in my source.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html

Mankind is the biggest threat to the safety and well being of people.

With all due respect Mr. Heretic you have posted this link numerous times over the years and every time it has been debunked in lengthy fashion as trash.

And yet you continue to post it. You're just trolling now.

You're above that or at least I thought you were.

With all due respect Mr. Heretic you have posted this link numerous times over the years and every time it has been debunked in lengthy fashion as trash.

And yet you continue to post it. You're just trolling now.

You're above that or at least I thought you were.

Statistics don't lie. I don't recall anyone debunking those stats.

Most of it came from:

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE5.HTM

He just grouped it all together.

Edit: btw - you'll know when I'm trolling...

Statistics don't lie. I don't recall anyone debunking those stats.

Most of it came from:

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE5.HTM

He just grouped it all together.

Edit: btw - you'll know when I'm trolling...

Come on Flanders, it's been debunked repeatedly you just choose to ignore that because it doesn't fit in with your narrative. More that a few posters spent much time typing a tonne to educate you (regarding that link) but you choose to ignore it.

From your link godandscience.org 4.5 million deaths in India from the 13th century through the 19th. It claims those were not religious in origin. Obviously you've never been to India. I'll give you a little heads up. Hindus and Muslims are not exactly BFF's.

Your link is nonsense.

And yes I do know when you're trolling, sadly you don't.

Come on Flanders, it's been debunked repeatedly you just choose to ignore that because it doesn't fit in with your narrative. More that a few posters spent much time typing a tonne to educate you (regarding that link) but you choose to ignore it.

From your link godandscience.org 4.5 million deaths in India from the 13th century through the 19th. It claims those were not religious in origin. Obviously you've never been to India. I'll give you a little heads up. Hindus and Muslims are not exactly BFF's.

Your link is nonsense.

And yes I do know when you're trolling, sadly you don't.

Proof that those deaths were religious please.

Edit: BTW - it clearly states those in India "Note that these numbers do not include those killed through wars."

Edit 2: 2 million of those 4.5 million were infant girls - not religious motivated - it was because the families wanted boys. The other 2.5 million were Hindus slaughtered/slain by their government. even so, out of 133 million, that's a drop in the bucket. Sorry - your "debunking" has failed.

Archived