The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Muslim Protesters Burn LGBT Flags In Texas…

Heretic

Proof that those deaths were religious please.

Edit: BTW - it clearly states those in India "Note that these numbers do not include those killed through wars."

Edit 2: 2 million of those 4.5 million were infant girls - not religious motivated - it was because the families wanted boys. The other 2.5 million were Hindus slaughtered/slain by their government. even so, out of 133 million, that's a drop in the bucket. Sorry - your "debunking" has failed.

Seriously Flanders talking with you is like talking to Canadian Loonie. Nothing seems to get through.

your quote - Proof that those deaths were religious please.

There is a massive history of Hindu religious persecution and execution at the hands of the Muslim/Mughal empire. It's common knowledge to just about anyone with an interest in history. If you want proof I am sure you're capable of Googling that.

Regarding India, your link covers dates from the 13th century to the 19th.

your quote "The other 2.5 million were Hindus slaughtered/slain by their government.".

Just whom do you think the "government" was in the 16th century? A democratically elected bunch of bureaucrats?

Before the British became the government in about 1850, India was ruled for centuries by a series of Muslim/Mughal empires.

The religious persecution faced by Hindus, Sikhs, Jains etc was like none other. If it were actually recognized by today's governments it would rank as the largest genocide of all time dwarfing the Holocaust and the Armenian genocide.

Will Durant argued in his 1935 book "The Story of Civilisation: Our Oriental Heritage" (page 459):

"The Mohammedan conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. The Islamic historians and scholars have recorded with great glee and pride the slaughters of Hindus, forced conversions, abduction of Hindu women and children to slave markets and the destruction of temples carried out by the warriors of Islam during 800 AD to 1700 AD. Millions of Hindus were converted to Islam by sword during this period."

Yup nothing religious about the bolded parts.

P.S. the numbers on your link regarding India alone are off by tens of millions.

I wonder where the outrage, threats, protests, etc. by the left and left media on Muslim bakeries refusing cakes for gay people?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/3/video-muslim-bakers-points-double-standard-gay-wed/?page=all

It turns out some Muslim-owned bakeries are no more willing to create wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies than their Christian counterparts.

Conservative podcast host Steven Crowder posted hidden-camera video Thursday showing employees at several Muslim-owned bakeries in Dearborn, Michigan, declining his business or referring him to other shops when he asked for a wedding cake with the message “Ben and Steven forever.

Which was fine with Mr. Crowder. “I’m not even saying these Muslim bakeries shouldn’t have a right to do whatever they did — they absolutely should — and many more of them would than Christian bakeries,” he said in his podcast on the website Louder with Crowder.

His video makes a point that has long rankled the right: That Christian-owned shops have been targeted for legal action and derision for refusing to serve same-sex weddings even as gay-rights activists and media outlets ignore business owners of other faiths known for their conservative social views, notably Islam.

The fierce national debate over religious-freedom bills, particularly in Arkansas and Indiana, has increased the attention on Christian-owned businesses, which suddenly find themselves the subject of intense and potentially ruinous media focus.

“There is a witch-hunt now for Christian business owners,” said conservative radio talk-show host Dana Loesch on her Thursday program.

She pointed to Memories Pizza in Walkerton, Indiana, whose owners came under attack this week after telling an ABC57 reporter that they would not cater a hypothetical gay wedding — not that they had ever been asked to do so.

Supporters of the O’Connor family have since rallied, raising more than $750,000 as of Friday afternoon on a GoFundMe crowdfunding website set up by Ms. Loesch and her staff. The family, which was the subject of an arson threat and at one point considered moving, now plans to stay and reopen.

Meanwhile, CNN’s Gary Tuchman went to five florists in Jeff Davis County, Georgia, to ask whether they would provide floral arrangements for a same-sex wedding. Workers at all five shops said no, although he said those at only two of the businesses would agree to appear on camera.

The Anderson Cooper 360 segment, which named the employees but not their shops, came in response to a Religious Freedom Restoration Act bill under consideration in Georgia. The state legislature adjourned Thursday without acting on the bill.

In the two days since the report aired, the florists have come under heated criticism online. The Democratic Underground ran the headline, “CNN story about Georgia flower shops that want to go out of business,” while RawStory cited the florists’ “religious hypocrisy.”

The Michigan legislature is also weighing a RFRA, although Gov. Rick Snyder said Thursday that he would veto such a measure. While it may be tough to find a Muslim-owned bakery or florist in most U.S. cities, that’s not the case in Michigan, home to a large Muslim community in Dearborn.

Mr. Crowder’s video shows several employees at Muslim bakeries, which are not identified by name, referring him elsewhere. One baker shakes his head and says, “No, no, I don’t want it,” apparently referring to the cake-baking job.

Many of the Muslim bakeries were kind enough and willing to serve us, but many of them were not,” Mr. Crowder said.

The video drew a Facebook comment Friday from Ms. Loesch: “Waiting for the militant progressive supporters of gay wedding cake to start threatening and protesting these Muslim ran bakeries … I think we will be waiting a long time.”

The conservative website P.J. Media remarked in a Friday post, “Oddly enough, we haven’t seen any mainstream media reporters ambushing unsuspecting Muslim bakers and demanding in McCarthyesque fashion, “Are you now, or have you ever been a homosexual hater?

Sommer Foster, director of political advocacy for the gay-rights group Equality Michigan, said she had not seen the video but was unaware of any discrimination complaints against Muslim-owned businesses.

“Any time we have a complaint from someone who thinks there’s discrimination, we will investigate no matter where the complaint comes from,” she said. “If we get a complaint, we will engage the business or we will engage the city leaders to see what we can do to rectify the situation. We don’t go looking for instances of discrimination.”

Watching the left's standards for social justice unfold paints a pretty clear picture of the stupid we can fully expect.

In December 2012, Crowder and members of Americans for Prosperity were involved in an altercation at a demonstration in Michigan concerning the state's recently passed right-to-work law. The incident began with an attempt by union activists to tear down the Americans for Prosperity tent, which was eventually successful. During the altercation, Crowder was punched several times by a union activist. A video of the incident released by Crowder was found to have been selectively edited, as Crowder apparently cut footage of the alleged assailant falling to the ground and getting back up, right before throwing the punches at Crowder.

Not that your unsourced cut and paste has anything to do with what I posted, but if your issue is with whether or not you will encounter the same thing from Muslim bakeries, my only suggestion is put it to the test like they did. But as pointed out in the article, you won't find liberals or liberal media ambushing Muslim bakeries in the same respect. That alone tells you all you need to know, since we know what the results will be.

It's quite an entertaining double standard by liberals to cry and whine about Christians and flip out like Dawn of the Dead zombies over far more ambiguous Christian bias against gays when far more obvious biases exist elsewhere. Obviously their political motivations are keeping their lips and outrage shut.

LOL? Not.

How about the non religious eh? Gee - they're not perfect neither. Instead of doing it "for their religion" they do it just for hate.

It's bloody sad is what it really is - and NO side is in the right - if you believe you are than you're just naive and hiding behind "others" problems.

You never seem to get it do you.

When people acting on the beliefs of your religion negatively impact others you bring up the fact that many people's actions have a negative impact on others .

This has no bearing on the fact that religious people should not impact others in a negative manner.

As Sharpie used to point out to you , Bad people do bad things but it takes religion to make good people do bad things.,

I wonder where the outrage, threats, protests, etc. by the left and left media on Muslim bakeries refusing cakes for gay people?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/3/video-muslim-bakers-points-double-standard-gay-wed/?page=all

Watching the left's standards for social justice unfold paints a pretty clear picture of the stupid we can fully expect.

This is probably the video in question by Crowder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

I won't comment on it, but watch for yourself and make your own conclusions ("Cultural Marxism" is mentioned. So yeah, it's a good one). I would like to see some substance behind inflammatory comments like this, though, "Christian-owned shops have been targeted for legal action and derision for refusing to serve same-sex weddings even as gay-rights activists and media outlets ignore business owners of other faiths known for their conservative social views, notably Islam." Have Christian bakeries been involved in lawsuits? Have they been specifically targeted with the express purpose to sue, or as in the one known case, was it just a regular couple that was denied service, and sued as a result of that?

This crap is hilarious:

“There is a witch-hunt now for Christian business owners,” said conservative radio talk-show host Dana Loesch on her Thursday program.
She pointed to Memories Pizza in Walkerton, Indiana, whose owners came under attack this week after telling an ABC57 reporter that they would not cater a hypothetical gay wedding — not that they had ever been asked to do so.

Maybe if they didn't go shouting from the rooftops they wouldn't have the same reaction? Maybe if Muslim bakers went on TV and said it, they would receive a similar reaction? Of course it'll look like a double standard to the feeble-minded, after all it's on Fox, and they're not smart enough to read between the inflammatory lines. Muzzies are bad, mmmkay. Or to quote Crowder, the Conservative champion of anti-double standard - "I felt like they were gonna blow me up when I was there!" (Seriously.)

Meanwhile, CNN’s Gary Tuchman went to five florists in Jeff Davis County, Georgia, to ask whether they would provide floral arrangements for a same-sex wedding. Workers at all five shops said no, although he said those at only two of the businesses would agree to appear on camera.

I'm sure they'll get sued by the gay liberals any moment now, right? Or is it only Christian bakeries that are targeted by the militant gay rights defenders?

Mr. Crowder’s video shows several employees at Muslim bakeries, which are not identified by name, referring him elsewhere. One baker shakes his head and says, “No, no, I don’t want it,” apparently referring to the cake-baking job.
Many of the Muslim bakeries were kind enough and willing to serve us, but many of them were not,” Mr. Crowder said.
The video drew a Facebook comment Friday from Ms. Loesch: “Waiting for the militant progressive supporters of gay wedding cake to start threatening and protesting these Muslim ran bakeries … I think we will be waiting a long time.”
The conservative website P.J. Media remarked in a Friday post, “Oddly enough, we haven’t seen any mainstream media reporters ambushing unsuspecting Muslim bakers and demanding in McCarthyesque fashion, “Are you now, or have you ever been a homosexual hater?”

There are four bakeries being shown in the video. Four. Just enough to rile up the masses. Or get Facebook comments from random strangers on the internet and post them in Washington Times. Or both.

Would also like source on the whole McCarthyesque fashion quip. Something tells me that hasn't actually happened outside of conservative minds.

Oh right, I don't discuss anything ever. Sorry. Carry on with your shoveling. :)

Not that your unsourced cut and paste has anything to do with what I posted, but if your issue is with whether or not you will encounter the same thing from Muslim bakeries, my only suggestion is put it to the test like they did. But as pointed out in the article, you won't find liberals or liberal media ambushing Muslim bakeries in the same respect. That alone tells you all you need to know, since we know what the results will be.

It's quite an entertaining double standard by liberals to cry and whine about Christians and flip out like Dawn of the Dead zombies over far more ambiguous Christian bias against gays when far more obvious biases exist elsewhere. Obviously their political motivations are keeping their lips and outrage shut.

This is kind of idiotic. Why would media ambush Muslim bakeries at all?

The previous case in the news was about a couple that was denied service and sued. If they went to a Muslim bakery and the same chain of events happened, they could sue the Muslim bakery and it would be the exact same story with the exact same decision. It's not like the media reported on "Christian bakeries", they reported on the one bakery that actually got sued. Actually being a key word.

Would you bitch about the media not going to Christian bakeries and ambushing them? Maybe Christian and Muslim bakeries should be allowed to go about their business until they actually deny service and get sued?

Ironic that you're the one doing all the whining and crying, while fantasizing about the scary liberals and how bad and stupid we are.

Also, Muslims only make up about 1% of the population, hardly a scary boogeyman to get worked up about. Maybe they don't get as much spotlight in the media because they're quite inconsequential in comparison.

Don't see right wingers complain about the reverse, either.

Gun Shop Owner Announces ‘Extreme Changes’ in Wake of Chattanooga, Declares Store ‘Muslim-Free Zone’

Andy_Hallinan.jpg

(Remember, the Confederate flag not indicative of racism)

I guess Muslim Americans aren't American enough for the second amendment. Or maybe they're just unamerican in general. Like Mexicans. And communists. And to channel my inner Washington Times reporter,

"And another Patriot stands," said SoulsMind.

Yep. That's some patriot right there.

Crowder will be by shortly to ambush gun stores and see who else discriminates on the basis of religion. Surely. Any time now.

Maybe we should call the guy who ambushed ACORN and got it shut down via extremely edited footage.

Seriously Flanders talking with you is like talking to Canadian Loonie. Nothing seems to get through.

There is a massive history of Hindu religious persecution and execution at the hands of the Muslim/Mughal empire. It's common knowledge to just about anyone with an interest in history. If you want proof I am sure you're capable of Googling that.

your quote "The other 2.5 million were Hindus slaughtered/slain by their government.".

Just whom do you think the "government" was in the 16th century? A democratically elected bunch of bureaucrats?

Before the British became the government in about 1850, India was ruled for centuries by a series of Muslim/Mughal empires.

The religious persecution faced by Hindus, Sikhs, Jains etc was like none other. If it were actually recognized by today's governments it would rank as the largest genocide of all time dwarfing the Holocaust and the Armenian genocide.

Will Durant argued in his 1935 book "The Story of Civilisation: Our Oriental Heritage" (page 459):

"The Mohammedan conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. The Islamic historians and scholars have recorded with great glee and pride the slaughters of Hindus, forced conversions, abduction of Hindu women and children to slave markets and the destruction of temples carried out by the warriors of Islam during 800 AD to 1700 AD. Millions of Hindus were converted to Islam by sword during this period."

P.S. the numbers on your link regarding India alone are off by tens of millions.

Still doesn't disprove the stats I posted.

You're grasping to twist them because you can't handle the truth.

You never seem to get it do you.

When people acting on the beliefs of your religion negatively impact others you bring up the fact that many people's actions have a negative impact on others .

This has no bearing on the fact that religious people should not impact others in a negative manner.

As Sharpie used to point out to you , Bad people do bad things but it takes religion to make good people do bad things.,

And that's a lie. Another anti theist POS. Good people can do bad things - they don't need religion to do them. I know you're smarter than that.

And that's a lie. Another anti theist POS. Good people can do bad things - they don't need religion to do them. I know you're smarter than that.

That is not a Lie.

Some otherwise good people allow their religious beliefs to drive them to impact others in a negative manner ...That is a fact.

In some cases they allow them to believe in the most ridiculous BS , my friends very catholic mum , who goes to the same church as my mum for the last 50 years , kind lady , works in the comminity , has a plant/ flower stall that raises a couple of grand a year for world vision earnestly told me that aids is gods curse on drug addicts and homosexuals :picard:

Another fact is I never said they need their religious beliefs to make them impact others in negative manner , I said it takes.

That is not a Lie.

Some otherwise good people allow their religious beliefs to drive them to impact others in a negative manner ...That is a fact.

In some cases they allow them to believe in the most ridiculous BS , my friends very catholic mum , who goes to the same church as my mum for the last 50 years , kind lady , works in the comminity , has a plant/ flower stall that raises a couple of grand a year for world vision earnestly told me that aids is gods curse on drug addicts and homosexuals :picard:

Another fact is I never said they need their religious beliefs to make them impact others in negative manner , I said it takes.

That I agree with - sorry, I'm arguing semantics.

I don't know why you're having such a hard time with the numbers - the numbers are NOT a sum of total kills/deaths.

Get it now?

They are about democide ONLY.

I know you are biased against anything with "God" in it, so go to the other link I provided.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP2.HTM

I don't know why you're having such a hard time with the numbers - the numbers are NOT a sum of total kills/deaths.

Get it now?

They are about democide ONLY.

I know you are biased against anything with "God" in it, so go to the other link I provided.

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP2.HTM

Not having a hard time at all. I know they're not a sum total.

I know they're "democide" only.

Not biased against anything with God in it. Why would you make such a silly assumption?

I'm just allergic to nonsense.

Archived