The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lou Lamoriello named Leafs GM

b3.

Same could be said about Glen Sather in NY. Everyone said he was too oldschool, the Rangers stood by him and he built a contender.

It took Sather 12 years to get the Rangers to the Conference Finals.,,,most GMs are lucky to be in that role for that long.

Lou doesn't have that kind of time....not to mention its the LEAFS of all teams...

i alwaus found their style to reflect their salary cap/money invested. They leaned on marty and steven/neitermire(sp) and never really had anyone else. Just those are the goats.

They were the money ball team of hockey.

There isn't another GM who created better chemistry with the players.

There are so many examples of Devil players leaving the organization and never being able to duplicate their success, along with players that had no success until they became Devils. He built championship teams out of nobody's for a fraction of the price Detroit, Colorado, Dallas or any of those cap juggernauts in the pre-lockout days.

Yes they played the trap, but they also played with a lot of heart. I would take 3 cups in Vancouver in exchange for watching a trap team any day.

Is he capable of building a team in today's NHL? Yes, he has always built teams with a salary cap. He can't help the fact that his players always leave for more money. He did however get a little out of character with the Kov deal and things seamed to snowball from there.

The Devils aren't even in existence today if Lou was never hired. He single handedly created a brand.

I think this move is to eventually set up Mark Hunter. Lou is the man to fill the gap.

Anyone who says they saw this one coming is going to hell for lying.

Same could be said about Glen Sather in NY. Everyone said he was too oldschool, the Rangers stood by him and he built a contender.

Glen Sather benefits from the fact that he's in New York and most athletes would never turn down the chance to be a star in the Big Apple.

I honestly don't understand why they even hired anyone. They've made trades, signed players, and drafted without a gm. What is Lou going to do there. Just seems like a fall guy to me.

I have come to the realization that, some people don't get the idea of mentorship because they don't get the idea of mentorship.

I have come to the realization that, some people don't get the idea of mentorship because they don't get the idea of mentorship.

TO's tried to transplant success from other teams before. Meanwhile, in all that time in NJ, Lou didn't mentor any successors in the light of Yzerman being mentored by Holland. Lou is now 72 years old. He's coasting in full retirement mode and this is a typical TO name-dropping move along with Babs and these moves will only serve as a rebuild backfire.

Question: Does TO now owe NJ a pick for tampering?

Is it really strange that my first reaction after finishing to read the headline was to laugh out loud. This is just ridiculous.

Lou is a great hockey mind but come on.. I don't like this hire. He hasn't exactly had the best years in New Jersey for quite some time now and I don't see what he can bring to a franchise in a re-build. He has ton of experience but I don't know.. It's just such a ridiculous thing to see happen. Can't describe it any better.

Shanaban, one of the youngest managers in the business, highest paid coach, lou.. it's a circus in Toronto. Atleast they are keeping themselves interesting after so many years of mediocricy

The fans hated and still hate Sather. He made a lot of terrible moves, like the St. Louis trade. There was a public rally a couple years ago trying to get him fired. The Rangers are good now sure, but Sather did a lot more bad things to the

Rangers than good.

Archived