The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashley Madison hacked, personal information leaked

Mr. Ambien

I dated a girl off here once lol. She was real at least.

I thought we were going to keep that a secret.

One thing I don't get. Why did so many use their work emails and such? Could they also not have used pay as you go credit cards?

You'd think they'd try to be a little more discreet.

False sense of security/anonymity. Happens a lot on the internet.

What consenting adults do behind closed doors is nobody's business.

So then why should a website be involved? Seems that's getting into people's business and actually creating business.

You're right, except that people get hurt through cheating. And then they don't trust for awhile, and that affects others. So, in the big picture - two consenting adults should act like it and get out of relationships if they're not doing it for them.

This.

Even if you think cheaters deserve this, there are others who could be affected by this information being leaked.

When it happens to some other group of people, it's easy to point and laugh. You won't find it funny if it happens to you.

I find smug self righteous progressive types who laugh at others' misfortunes just as repulsive as any cheater could be.

'KARMA' isn't a real force in the world, just to be clear. People get shat on for no reason every day, there isn't any cosmic justice for the man-apes that have risen to the top of the animal kingdom on earth.

Agree that karma is a sham.

Do the right thing cos it's the right thing to do. Not cos you're chicken $&!# about the future.

One thing I don't get. Why did so many use their work emails and such? Could they also not have used pay as you go credit cards?

You'd think they'd try to be a little more discreet.

Meh, when you think with your penis, it seems to have the tendency to forget to use common sense.

It's like a low life robbing a convenient store.. Why did he let the cameras see him. Just a lack of brain.

So then why should a website be involved? Seems that's getting into people's business and actually creating business.

You're right, except that people get hurt through cheating. And then they don't trust for awhile, and that affects others. So, in the big picture - two consenting adults should act like it and get out of relationships if they're not doing it for them.

The website is just the medium to facilitate the exchange. I view using an extra mobile phone, pseudo-email accounts, or the local cafe no different from the site Ashley Madison, save for the latter being more pro-active.

It's true that people get hurt when their partners cheat and there can be subsequent collateral damage, but it's not MY business.... unless I'm the other partner. Unless we are gonna start legislating morality, this is a non-story really. People cheat all the time without using the site, so people deciding to care more about this is pointless IMO.

The website is just the medium to facilitate the exchange. I view using an extra mobile phone, pseudo-email accounts, or the local cafe no different from the site Ashley Madison, save for the latter being more pro-active.

It's true that people get hurt when their partners cheat and there can be subsequent collateral damage, but it's not MY business.... unless I'm the other partner. Unless we are gonna start legislating morality, this is a non-story really. People cheat all the time without using the site, so people deciding to care more about this is pointless IMO.

If we accept the promotion of this type of behaviour, as an open site does, then we send a message that it's ok. Some of us find the deterioration of society, as a whole needs the reins pulled in a bit. That the free for all cess pool could use a little reeling in.

If people want to cheat discretely, it isn't my business...what goes on behind closed doors is just that. But excuse me if I feel nothing but pleasure in seeing those who actually solicit for it squirm as they are exposed. Should have been discreet/used your cell phone/pseudo email account then? They didn't.

So if it's "ok" to participate then they become fair game. They've given control elsewhere. Sought out a third party and now it's everyone's business. Be careful who/what you trust, untrustworthy ones. Ironic.

Again - sleazeballs who want to explore other avenues are free to do so...if it involves hurting others then I hope they get some of that back, tenfold.

Some couples have arrangements and, in those cases, go for it. It is no one's business. But if some slimeball wants to find some on the side and needs assistance in that (and someone will profit from it in the end), then he/she isn't trying hard enough. In at least one of those "relationships".

I honestly don't care...but think it's awesome that people who thought they were so sneaky just learned a valuable lesson.

I'm a bit of a prude when it comes to commitment and "till death do us part" stuff. I bought into it and tried, very hard, to make that work. It is difficult to be in a relationship, especially during times when it isn't giving us what we want. But what ever happened to either communicating and working at it or packing it in before going elsewhere? And everyone will have their own ideas about that but I'm just not sure they should be marketable.

personal opinion:

1) some people don´t have maturity enought to get married or into a relationship. they think they have but they don´t. marriage involves a LONG TERM commitment and trust with the other person. both ways...

2) people are getting married early because they´re afraid to be alone, then they marry and discover that marriage isn´t that cool as it looked before. it´s the same person over and over for the rest of your life. you have to change your life style and people are resist to do that because they want to have the same single person routine when married and that´s clearly not possible...

-people who rush a relationship have deep emotional problems, so have to be emotionaly stable to get into a serious relationship. if the person isn´t ready yet so stay single. better single but stable than married and with a problematic relation...

-sometimes be single is a good thing. gives time to a personal reflection...

3) however if you marry do the right stuff. nobody put a gun on your head and say "you marry or you will die" so it´s your choice do that or not. if you marry get real and be loyal with the other person if you don´t want be cheated don´t cheat...

4) people cheating inside marriage have mental problems. there´s something called "divorce" for people who are not happy with the marriage. it´s simple, cost money but nothing is free today and again nobody forced you to marry...

-also, people cheat but want stay married? WTF is that? again emotional problems. you want have a single person´s life but with the security of a married person? let´s face it. if you cheated your wife/husband have the same right to cheat you. fair game for both!

5) then when some hackers do the job and put your name online showing to the entire world that you cheated you think it´s wrong and say "I´m sorry"?! f$¨& you! If you´re "sorry" you should say to your wife/husband:

-this relation isn´t working anymore. we should divorce and continue our lifes separated.

it´s responsible, it´s decent and it´s simple.

6) people suffer from this. especially the kids. adults do things thinking they´re superior and ignoring the consequences. but the kids see the adults as examples. if the adult cheat the divorce will happen so the kids will be separated from their parents and small kids suffer more than anybody else...

so yes. what adults do it´s their problems. but if the same adults have kids so it´s not their problems only, the kids will suffer and the little ones have nothing related with your sexual craziness...

"Life is short. have an affair"?

what about a new one?

"don´t have mental maturity? stay single"

there´s tons of stripclubs and prostitutes out there. you still can have sex and still stay single...

People are complex, have complex desires, and have complex relationships.

Throwing indicting generalizations over everyone who cheats is silly.

people think they´re complex. but sometimes things are simple...

you want marry with more than one woman?

go to a country where the polygamy is allowed. then you can marry 100 if you want...

people addicted to a "secret relationship" because it´s "prohibited" should try date the wife of Kim Jon Un. then you will have the adventure of your life...

People are complex, have complex desires, and have complex relationships.

Throwing indicting generalizations over everyone who cheats is silly.

"Cheats"

cheat

(chēt)

v. cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats

v.tr.

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle
2. To deprive by trickery; defraud
3. To mislead; fool
Whatever BS complexities are involved, it's a coward's way in dealing with them. That's how I see it.
Straight up...say "hey, I'm complex and I want to go elsewhere". Then the other person gets to decide (too).
And whatever complex reasons have led someone to a cheater's website...I get that. But you own it (now). So that's the risk that's involved with complex situations that use complex resolutions. It's suddenly become quite simple...busted.

Why is trickery wrong and how exactly is cowardice a bad quality? Most people try to avoid unpleasant situations.

And why would they say that to their partner when there's a good chance it would end their relationship?

Because part of being in a relationship is looking beyond "self" and considering the other person's feelings. And if you try to "save" them the pain of your cheating....well, hearing from third parties likely will inflict more pain upon them in the end. And they get to decide from their end. So what if you bring home more than just a smile on your face? And pass it along?

Cowardice is a bad quality when the reason behind it is for selfish needs and it is to keep secrets that are likely going to hurt another. Then you owe it to all parties to fess up and let the chips fall where they may.

That's my opinion and only goes as far as that. But I don't get cheating....I was once in the position that my heart and soulmate had moved away, to another country. In the interim, I settled for someone and was involved in a relationship with a guy who I knew had been hurt before. A super nice guy who did everything for me. But my heart wasn't all in...I was just settling because the guy I really loved was gone and I didn't think he was ever coming back. So I allowed myself to move on with this guy.

But he did come back and, with that, showed up on my doorstep. And so it was that I had to decide, and did. It was extremely difficult and painful, but it's only fair to allow all involved to make choices...not to drag them in as part of ours, without them even knowing.

Anyhow, to each his/her own and that's only me. But I also won't change my opinion because I feel that integrity and truth is something we should strive for, even with all our complexities. They're the simplest method in the end (because you don't have to keep up with your lies). So why complicate things further? Delay the inevitable?

If we accept the promotion of this type of behaviour, as an open site does, then we send a message that it's ok. Some of us find the deterioration of society, as a whole needs the reins pulled in a bit. That the free for all cess pool could use a little reeling in.

If people want to cheat discretely, it isn't my business...what goes on behind closed doors is just that. But excuse me if I feel nothing but pleasure in seeing those who actually solicit for it squirm as they are exposed. Should have been discreet/used your cell phone/pseudo email account then? They didn't.

So if it's "ok" to participate then they become fair game. They've given control elsewhere. Sought out a third party and now it's everyone's business. Be careful who/what you trust, untrustworthy ones. Ironic.

Again - sleazeballs who want to explore other avenues are free to do so...if it involves hurting others then I hope they get some of that back, tenfold.

Some couples have arrangements and, in those cases, go for it. It is no one's business. But if some slimeball wants to find some on the side and needs assistance in that (and someone will profit from it in the end), then he/she isn't trying hard enough. In at least one of those "relationships".

I honestly don't care...but think it's awesome that people who thought they were so sneaky just learned a valuable lesson.

I'm a bit of a prude when it comes to commitment and "till death do us part" stuff. I bought into it and tried, very hard, to make that work. It is difficult to be in a relationship, especially during times when it isn't giving us what we want. But what ever happened to either communicating and working at it or packing it in before going elsewhere? And everyone will have their own ideas about that but I'm just not sure they should be marketable.

I don't like giving mods +s, because I view it as sucking up. In this case, and all your subsequent posts, I agree 100%.

False sense of security/anonymity. Happens a lot on the internet.

True, but a work Email. That would get me a one way ticket to the unemployment line.

Meh, when you think with your penis, it seems to have the tendency to forget to use common sense.

It's like a low life robbing a convenient store.. Why did he let the cameras see him. Just a lack of brain.

Common sense is definitely lacking these days. It just doesn't make sense to me. Then again, I'm also of the belief you never get involved with someone you work with, but many do it all the time, and usually with negative results.

Archived