The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ashley Madison hacked, personal information leaked

Mr. Ambien

I hate vigilante justice like this, regardless of the one's views on the morality of adultery. I hope the hackers are identified and are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

If someone breaks the law, they deserve to serve the punishment... But why are you against bad things being outed?

If someone breaks the law, they deserve to serve the punishment... But why are you against bad things being outed?

not gonna say anything, not gonna say anything, not gonna say anything...

why countries don´t legalize polygamy instead? if you want marry more than one woman. why not make it legal at least?

why countries don´t legalize polygamy instead? if you want marry more than one woman. why not make it legal at least?

Because deontological ethics isn't cool.

The legality of an action is an indicator of its morality? It's moreso a reflection of that society's popular opinions and values.

Because deontological ethics isn't cool.

The legality of an action is an indicator of its morality? It's moreso a reflection of that society's popular opinions and values.

not necessarily.

but maybe is polygamy was legal people wouldn´t cheat that much since they could marry another person. like people in middle east do....

not necessarily.

but maybe is polygamy was legal people wouldn´t cheat that much since they could marry another person. like people in middle east do....

Oh, I might have misunderstood you. I thought you were being sarcastic to make a different point.

I don't feel like touching this one.

Oh, I might have misunderstood you. I thought you were being sarcastic to make a different point.

I don't feel like touching this one.

no. I actually think that if polygamy was allowed websites like aslhey madison wouldn´t make a fortune.

why governments get involved into this thing? if you want marry 5 women it´s your personal problem and the government has nothing to interfere...

plus with 5 women you have 5 mothers in law! that´s enought punishment :towel:

How long before hackers crucify something about you. I don't care who cheated or not. If you think it is cool or right they did it wait til they come after you

I try not to do douchey things...

They going to expose my being a canucks fan? The shame!

no. I actually think that if polygamy was allowed websites like aslhey madison wouldn´t make a fortune.

why governments get involved into this thing? if you want marry 5 women it´s your personal problem and the government has nothing to interfere...

plus with 5 women you have 5 mothers in law! that´s enought punishment :towel:

Problem is equal rights and all that. How would you like to be some whores #5?

Problem is equal rights and all that. How would you like to be some whores #5?

I imagine if some woman is a polygamist, she wouldn't have a problem with it.

Not that I think this has anything to do with polygamy. It's just a whole lot of effort to bull***t a partner, when it's far easier to just end the relationship and not have to sneak around banging others.

I'm fairly sure that on the flip side of the coin, someone would want their partner being honest with them. Doesn't seem like too much to ask, and it's far less effort than having to sneak around, hide funds, and be discreetly in a relationship with others, and looking over your shoulder that none of them even snitch, never mind a leak like this happen. I think it's hilarious and I don't feel bad for those who are getting their comeuppance.

what you think isnt douchy some hacker

might think it is.. you missed my point

No, generally my moral compass seems to be pretty well calibrated.

I haven't seen anything hacked that hasn't ventured outside my calibration zone, so I'm not particularly concerned.

From what I've seen, they tend to go after corrupt corporations, corrupt politicians and corrupt spouses etc. I have no plans to become parts of those or similar groups.

Why can't women marry more than one man? It's illegal because of the religious parts of it that totally exploit women with brainwashing. There's nothing wrong with whatever choice makes you happy. If you're going to do shady things and lie to people, then no one should feel bad when karma punches you in the face.

How long before hackers crucify something about you. I don't care who cheated or not. If you think it is cool or right they did it wait til they come after you

Some people live a simple honest life and have nothing to expose. Two ways of avoiding this, be smart with your questionable behaviour, or just live with some ethics.

It might be perceived as "bad" by most people but not all. Having an affair is not illegal, hacking a company and leaking personal records certainly is. But that is not my main point; rule of law is the cornerstone of a democratic society anyone trying to subvert that tenet, regardless if it is for a "moral" reason, should be prosecuted.

To be honest, I have yet to really hear a good reason why polygamy shouldn't be legalized--at least from a rights/liberties perspective. I understand Canada's supreme court ruling that it does jive with traditional western customs, but I find that a rather weak argument.

It might be perceived as "bad" by most people but not all. Having an affair is not illegal, hacking a company and leaking personal records certainly is. But that is not my main point; rule of law is the cornerstone of a democratic society anyone trying to subvert that tenet, regardless if it is for a "moral" reason, should be prosecuted.

To be honest, I have yet to really hear a good reason why polygamy shouldn't be legalized--at least from a rights/liberties perspective. I understand Canada's supreme court ruling that it does jive with traditional western customs, but I find that a rather weak argument.

still think that governments shouldn´t interfere on this. it´s a personal decision. if you can marry and mantain 5 women so that´s your problem...

"traditional western..."

you mean Christian tradition?

Archived