The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bouma-Flames agree to 3 more years

Thats like a max contract for someone of his skill. Good deal for both sides based on avaiable cap.

Bouma + Ferland = :(

Ferland is not that good, again, I don't know why this fan base is so caught up in trying to find an answer to him or something.

Ferland was USELESS against the Ducks. Not just because the Ducks had big boys, but while Ferland is trying to charge you, you just quickly move the puck up the ice and he's suddenly completely out of position.

good for them to get him signed but that price tag is a bit heavy.

$2.2 million/yr for 3 years for a 25 year old d-man that just came off of a 16 goal season is pretty cheap, imo.

Edit: For some reason I thought Bouma was a d-man when, in fact, he's a forward. Anyway, I still think this is a quality deal for the Flames.

$2.2 million/yr for 3 years for a 25 year old d-man that just came off of a 16 goal season is pretty cheap, imo.

left winger and ya I saw his numbers for the year before. which was 5g and 10a sorry should read stats more carefully. Solid deal and fair considering Matthias got 2.3m. bouma>matthias for me. Used to play for the giants as well.

Archived