The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bouma-Flames agree to 3 more years

Ferland is not that good, again, I don't know why this fan base is so caught up in trying to find an answer to him or something.

Ferland was USELESS against the Ducks. Not just because the Ducks had big boys, but while Ferland is trying to charge you, you just quickly move the puck up the ice and he's suddenly completely out of position.

Exactly, The kid had 1 good series. 1... And I would wager it's partially because he came out of nowhere. When it came to the Ducks, they knew exactly who he was, and what he brings, and made him look like he didn't even belong. He's not the guy we need an answer too. And if you want an answer still, his name is Jake Virtanen. Ferland is the least of our problems. Our biggest problem from Calgary is Dougie Hamilton if you ask me. We simply just don't have an answer for him, at least seemingly, but we'll see once the season starts.

Ferland is not that good, again, I don't know why this fan base is so caught up in trying to find an answer to him or something.

Ferland was USELESS against the Ducks. Not just because the Ducks had big boys, but while Ferland is trying to charge you, you just quickly move the puck up the ice and he's suddenly completely out of position.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The guy isn't good. His best attribute is hitting and like said in Senpai's post, quick puck movement kills this guy. Awful position-ally, poor skill wise. Good grinder, but not that good.

Heavy price tag for Bouma though.. I guess if he puts up another 30 point year he might be worth the money the Flames invested into him.

Exactly, The kid had 1 good series. 1... And I would wager it's partially because he came out of nowhere. When it came to the Ducks, they knew exactly who he was, and what he brings, and made him look like he didn't even belong. He's not the guy we need an answer too. And if you want an answer still, his name is Jake Virtanen. Ferland is the least of our problems. Our biggest problem from Calgary is Dougie Hamilton if you ask me. We simply just don't have an answer for him, at least seemingly, but we'll see once the season starts.

Horvat and Kenins will dispatch him like they did Chara.

Excellant extension. Bouma started really showing some promise two seasons ago, and last season he broke out. One of, if not thee top shot blocking forward on the team, big hitter, excellent defensive awareness, and, as I found out last season, he actually has really slick hands, alot of his goals were absolute snipes, he will be an excellant mainstay on the 3rd line, with the ability to play 2nd line if injuries require so.

Calgary avoided 2 arbitration hearings:

Lance Bouma signed for 3 years at $2.2M/yr.

Josh Jooris signed for 1 year at $975k/yr.

That leaves them with just 2 more RFAs to sign:

Michael Ferland and Paul Byron, who both will most likely sign for close to Jooris's salary.

Their current Qualifying Offers are both $660k/yr.

People being "scared" of Bouma and Ferland is like Flames fans being scared of Hansen. Embarrassing.

It's clear you're not familiar with Bouma.

I have a hard time understanding why some cdc'ers are criticizing this deal, it's a very good deal for Calgary. Bouma is a hard nose energy player that chipped in pretty well offensively also.

Excellant extension. Bouma started really showing some promise two seasons ago, and last season he broke out. One of, if not thee top shot blocking forward on the team, big hitter, excellent defensive awareness, and, as I found out last season, he actually has really slick hands, alot of his goals were absolute snipes, he will be an excellant mainstay on the 3rd line, with the ability to play 2nd line if injuries require so.

The Flames blocked close to 1/3 of the shots directed at their net last season.

They had 3 defense-men in the Top 10 of Blocked Shots.

1. Kris Russell (283)

6. Dennis Wideman (184)

8. TJ Brodie (178)

Lance Bouma (82) finished 6th among NHL forwards, to go along with his 264 Hits.which was 7th in the league.

A natural center, he can play at all three forward positions on the bottom 2 lines, and at times subbed well as their 2nd line LW.

The Flames blocked close to 1/3 of the shots directed at their net last season.

They had 3 defense-men in the Top 10 of Blocked Shots.

1. Kris Russell (283)

6. Dennis Wideman (184)

8. TJ Brodie (178)

Lance Bouma (82) finished 6th among NHL forwards, to go along with his 264 Hits.which was 7th in the league.

A natural center, he can play at all three forward positions on the bottom 2 lines, and at times subbed well as their 2nd line LW.

Very impressive numbers for sure. I'm still puzzled as to why some think this a bad deal...

It's clear you're not familiar with Bouma.

I have a hard time understanding why some cdc'ers are criticizing this deal, it's a very good deal for Calgary. Bouma is a hard nose energy player that chipped in pretty well offensively also.

And you just described Hansen to a large degree ;)

I have no problem with the deal, but with people panicking as if Bouma and Ferklund are some dominant core players when they are simply complementary role players. But it's summer and tis the season for soiling.

And you just described Hansen to a large degree ;)

I have no problem with the deal, but with people panicking as if Bouma and Ferklund are some dominant core players when they are simply complementary role players. But it's summer and tis the season for soiling.

Lol Hansen. And just so you know I really like Hansen but he doesn't throw hits like Bouma. Come on, take off the glasses.

Archived