The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals Sign Ryan Stanton

Chris

http://capitalstoday.monumentalnetwork.com/2015/07/24/capitals-sign-ryan-stanton

CAPITALS SIGN RYAN STANTON

Posted on July 24, 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 24, 2015

CAPITALS SIGN RYAN STANTON

ARLINGTON, VA. – The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Ryan Stanton to a one-year, two-way contract, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.

Stanton, 26, registered 11 points (three goals, eight assists) and 35 penalty minutes in 54 games with Vancouver last season. The 6’2”, 208-pound defenseman scored his career-high third goal of 2014-15 on Feb. 24 at Boston and ranked fourth among Canucks defensemen in hits (93) and blocked shots (113). Stanton played in his 100th NHL game on Feb. 3 against Winnipeg and registered a career-high five shots on Oct. 8 against Calgary. He recorded 16 points (one goal, 15 assists) and 32 penalty minutes in 64 games with Vancouver in 2013-14, setting career highs in games played, assists and points. Stanton made his NHL debut with the Chicago Blackhawks on April 27, 2013, against St. Louis. In 119 career NHL games with Chicago and Vancouver, Stanton has earned 27 points (four goals, 23 assists) and 69 penalty minutes.

Stanton has recorded 60 points (nine goals, 51 assists) and 332 penalty minutes in 224 career AHL games with Rockford (AHL). The St. Albert, Alberta, native set AHL career highs in assists (22), points (25) and plus/minus (+16) in 2012-13 and tied his career high in goals (3). Stanton was named the IceHogs’ top defenseman in 2011-12 and was named Rockford’s most improved player for the 2010-11 season.

I sincerely believe it was a mistake to allow him to walk away. I hope he has a great run in Washington.

He is going to become a solid and laughably good top 4 in Washington in the next 2 years or so. Decent skater, decent bit of grit, would throw them when needed, decent pass.

Why on earth did we bounce him around so much instead of just letting him play?

Watching this forum in regards to Stantons progress this year should be entertaining

He is going to become a solid and laughably good top 4 in Washington in the next 2 years or so. Decent skater, decent bit of grit, would throw them when needed, decent pass.

Why on earth did we bounce him around so much instead of just letting him play?

Watching this forum in regards to Stantons progress this year should be entertaining

Oh yeah, it'll be all eyes on the 7th defenceman, I liked him, but he's not that good. The guys that we made room for are younger and can improve.

Oh yeah, it'll be all eyes on the 7th defenceman, I liked him, but he's not that good. They guys that we made room for are younger and can improve.

You don't think we could have just left one of them down in the AHL for a season until Hamhuis' contract expires/we trade him/we trade Edler later this season/when next season begins?

I'll miss Stanton. He's one of the guys I wanted.

However, he's probably going to become a 5th/6th stay at home d-man with ruggedness and with a decent first pass. That's if Washington decides to use him to his fullest potential which I may not be able to see.

UMMM.... what was the reason again for not qualifying him!!???

Trabur landuh and jump buning don't want to keep gillis acquired assets.

Hence letting Santo walk, Matthias, not giving Jensen and Hunter even the slightest chances, etc etc

They don't want Mike Gillis pieces remaining. They think they can sort out the meat and potaterz of this club

bad move canucks lets give a gritty future top four away for free sorta like not using ballard even tho he cost us a first and grabner benning goes full retard because of firechief willie

This clown^^^^^ talking about Benning going full retard is ironic. In what parallel universe is Stanton a top 4 d-man? This mental giant canuktravella keeps talking to himself in the mirror.

Back on topic...Letting Stanton walk is a head scratcher especially since he provided some grit while displaying some decent skills (albeit it wasn't top four skill sets). As well, Stanton competed hard, which was something I thought was revered by Benning and Willie. Guess Sbisa made Stanton redundant. Pity.

This clown^^^^^ talking about Benning going full retard is ironic. In what parallel universe is Stanton a top 4 d-man? This mental giant canuktravella keeps talking to himself in the mirror.

Back on topic...Letting Stanton walk is a head scratcher especially since he provided some grit while displaying some decent skills (albeit it wasn't top four skill sets). As well, Stanton competed hard, which was something I thought was revered by Benning and Willie. Guess Sbisa made Stanton redundant. Pity.

He's a future top 4 and the posters here know it. No one in the league knows it.

Archived