The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals Sign Ryan Stanton

Chris

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this, Canucks already have 8 dmen signed. Who would the Canucks have waived Corrado? Clendenning? For those bashing Clendenning, the guy hasn't even played a game in a Canucks uniform yet so save the trolling. The morons on this site that think they are smarter than Benning! And the goofs who said Stanton is top 4 should shut their accounts down because their lack of hockey knowledge is embarrassing.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by this, Canucks already have 8 dmen signed. Who would the Canucks have waived Corrado? Clendenning? For those bashing Clendenning, the guy hasn't even played a game in a Canucks uniform yet so save the trolling. The morons on this site that think they are smarter than Benning! And the goofs who said Stanton is top 4 should shut their accounts down because their lack of hockey knowledge is embarrassing.

I really like Clendening, but you can't say other people lack hockey knowledge when you have no idea that Clendining's played a few games for us actually. 17 in fact. The irony is delicious.

You can't keep everyone, let alone get attached to guys on the fringe of the roster or you'll be forever heartbroken. He had a good first year but was not good at all last season. Our improved depth has made him redundant. NOT a big loss.

so true on CDC they think the team can keep every single player just because they are funny on twitter or have a great personality off ice

end of the day the product on ice is what matters to people that actually follow the sport not what happens on youtube or twitter

Is everyone really talking about Ryan Stanton??

He was nothing that special at all, I would much rather Weber or Bartkowski than Stanton. We got him for free and we let him go, it's not a big deal.

Meh I think most people complaining including me don't care about Stanton that much. Just still fuming over some of JBs moves and looking for any opening to have my voice heard against him.

I really like Clendening, but you can't say other people lack hockey knowledge when you have no idea that Clendining's played a few games for us actually. 17 in fact. The irony is delicious.

Please reread, I said to the people who think Stanton is top 4 don't know what they are talking about. So delicious irony or illiterate, whatever you want.

Meh I think most people complaining including me don't care about Stanton that much. Just still fuming over some of JBs moves and looking for any opening to have my voice heard against him.

Sbisa signing aside (which in 3 years I think he will be worth it), what Benning moves do you hate? Kesler gave him one team to deal with. Lack's market value is what it is, Carolina wasn't the only team he tried to deal with. Lack just wasn't worth as much as Canuck fans wanted. If Matthias hit or fought he may have been resigned but this team doesn't need another Pyatt who's big but plays the game soft, they need a roster spot for a young player. So what moves are you complaining about? IMO his drafting record will force a lot of fans to eat their words.

People say we gained grit when we added Prust, but we also lost Kassian, Bieksa, and Stanton. In a Calgary line brawl, who do you ice?

Prust - Vey? - Dorsett

Sbisa - Bartkowski?

I think we'll encounter some problems.

Did.. did.. did you just say Stanton brought us grit?

We talking the same guy here? He was NEVER "gritty", just did everything quietly and calmly. Gritty? You're thinking of someone else. Lumping Stanton together with Kassian and Bieksa lol......

Who do you ice against a Calgary line brawl? The Sedins. Want to know why? Nobody is going to "jump" the Sedins, you win the faceoff, go into the other end and score because Calgary has 3 enforcers on the ice. Jesus Christ, it's like you want a team full of plugs and Sestitos.

Sad to see Stanton go, thought he played well when given the opportunity. I'm concerned with the lack of physicality on defense with him and Bieksa gone. Thinking that JB will be addressing this with some moves around training camp, and he's just waiting to see how some of our defensive prospects perform before deciding which actual moves to make.

Lol Stants doesn't bring toughness or grit the guys a steady 6/7 defenceman. He doesn't have the offence or defensive ability to be in a top 4 or be a shut down defenceman. He's average and everything he does is half decent. Might get a tad better but he's 26 and what you see is what you get more or less with him. Definitely replaceable.

He is going to become a solid and laughably good top 4 in Washington in the next 2 years or so. Decent skater, decent bit of grit, would throw them when needed, decent pass.

Why on earth did we bounce him around so much instead of just letting him play?

Watching this forum in regards to Stantons progress this year should be entertaining

He's 26, & the Caps gave him a 1 year thats's a 2 way. Doesn't look as though the Caps have tons of faith in him.

Archived