The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Capitals Sign Ryan Stanton

Chris

He is going to become a solid and laughably good top 4 in Washington in the next 2 years or so. Decent skater, decent bit of grit, would throw them when needed, decent pass.

Why on earth did we bounce him around so much instead of just letting him play?

Watching this forum in regards to Stantons progress this year should be entertaining

Hahahaha

Entertaining indeed.

On what planet are Stanton and Corrado players with top 4 upside?

On any team looking to do anything, they are 6th/7th at best, and even then that'd about all they'll ever be.

People on CDC like to make way more than what players actually are. Stanton was waived by Chicago, and picked up by Vancouver as a reclamation project, eventually letting him walk.

"Potential top 4" defenceman rarely come out of nowhere, certainly not after bouncing around on waivers and free agency.

I wish him all the best, but the Canucks are better served to go after quality, not quantity.

People also need to lay off the poor asset management assertions, all that matters is what Benning has and continues to do with the assets that really matter.

Assets like Kesler, Bonino, and soon to be ufas Hamhuis, Vrbata and Prust.

Benning is doing a stand up job, and a lot of people are going to be eating their words soon enough.

The team has a ways to go, but it's definitely on the right track.

People still mourning the "loss", just like they seemingly can't get over Schroeder, and will be despairing over Corrado for years to come.

:sadno:

I still can't over Hodgson. Only if he stayed with the Canucks and took the necessary time to develop he would have been a star player for The Canucks or at least fetch something really good at a trade.

I'm still upset we dealt Vanbiesbrouk.

He was a Canuck for a good hour.

We never dealt him. We just decided to protect McLean for the expansion draft instead.

And really, from what I remember, they acquired JV to protect Kay Whitmore, who they thought very highly of at the time. Teams could only lose one goalie via expansion draft.

We never dealt him. We just decided to protect McLean for the expansion draft instead.

And really, from what I remember, they acquired JV to protect Kay Whitmore, who they thought very highly of at the time. Teams could only lose one goalie via expansion draft.

Yep your right, I did mean protect him.

Archived