The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[News] Hulk Hogan's racial slurs caught on tape, WWE terminates contract.

Odd.

The WWE ended its contract with wrestler Hulk Hogan, a representative of the organization told FOX411.

"WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

The WWE would not comment as to the reason it booted Hogan, but according to multiple reports, the wrestler was kicked out for comments he made during a 2012 radio interview in which he says the N-word.

TMZ reports that Hogan was fired for angrily using the N-word while discussing someone his daughter, Brooke, was dating. Hogan reportedly made thecomments in his sex tape while conversing about Brooke's music career.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/24/hulk-hogan-erased-from-wwe-website-amid-reports-wrestler-booted-from/

Another link: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/hulk-hogan-racist-scandal-wrestling-caught-on-tape-saying-n-word-daughter-brooke-exclusive

Hogan can kiss his career good bye..

He's 61. Don't think he cares too much at this point. He's made all the money he needs.

Why are people surprised when they find out that old people are racist? He was raised at a time when most people were racist, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he himself is racist. Most of the racist experiences I've had have been with older people. I find it shocking when I meet someone who is young and racist.

He's 61. Don't think he cares too much at this point. He's made all the money he needs.

Why are people surprised when they find out that old people are racist? He was raised at a time when most people were racist, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he himself is racist. Most of the racist experiences I've had have been with older people. I find it shocking when I meet someone who is young and racist.

I don't think you can single 'old people' out on racism.

Kids, teenagers, adults, seniors... They can all be racists. It could probably just be a coincidence that you encountered rather old people that were being racist.

I actually find it more shocking when an elder/senior says racial slurs. You would think that they would know better than to make racist remarks to others especially when they've been probably told a gazillion times how bad it is.

I don't think you can single 'old people' out on racism.

Kids, teenagers, adults, seniors... They can all be racists. It could probably just be a coincidence that you encountered rather old people that were being racist.

I actually find it more shocking when an elder/senior says racial slurs. You would think that they would know better than to make racist remarks to others especially when they've been probably told a gazillion times how bad it is.

Sure you can. Old people grew up in a time when it wasn't as taboo to be racist. Older people are more likely to be racist than younger people because of the time they grew up in.

eg) A person born in the 1930's is more likely to have supported different drinking fountains for blacks, as it was the norm back them. A person born in the 1800's is more likely to have supported complete segregation. A person born in the 1700's is more likely to have supported slavery.

Notice how the further back we go in time, the more racist people are....

Sure you can. Old people grew up in a time when it wasn't as taboo to be racist. Older people are more likely to be racist than younger people because of the time they grew up in.

eg) A person born in the 1930's is more likely to have supported different drinking fountains for blacks, as it was the norm back them. A person born in the 1800's is more likely to have supported complete segregation. A person born in the 1700's is more likely to have supported slavery.

Weak and flawed logic. We are all racists and bigots in varying degrees. The only thing political correctness has done is forced young people to suppress their true nature. Denying our true self's only causes dysfunction. If you don't express what is truly in your heart you can not learn and grow. Through the process of self discovery, education and enlightenment we can rise above.

Weak and flawed logic. We are all racists and bigots in varying degrees. The only thing political correctness has done is forced young people to suppress their true nature. Denying our true self's only causes dysfunction. If you don't express what is truly in your heart you can not learn and grow. Through the process of self discovery, education and enlightenment we can rise above.

So my logic about people being more racist historically is flawed (even though it's factually correct), and yet you say definitively that we are all racist and bigots to a varying degree....

People who don't seem racist may be suppressing their "true nature" or they might just not be racist. The latter is just as likely as the former.

People are less racist now because they have more contact with people from different ethnicities. Racism is often a result from segregating yourself from other people and working with people from other races towards a common goal diminishes racism. It does so because people no longer have "out-group homogeneity" mentality. This has been proven by psychology studies...

This is a guy who is probably the biggest act in their history alongside guys like The Rock, and Steve Austin. He was scrubbed from their existence as quickly as possible, including their full removal from their website and hall of fame. The only other man to earn this ire from the WWE is Chris Benoit, the man who murdered his entire family.

Hogan was still working with the company on screen, despite not wrestling in the ring. They're really afraid of just how bad this recording is, to preemptively shut out a legend that they chose to make, and have been celebrating since. It makes me curious.

Exactly. You must be a big Bill Burr fan. If not, you should be.

I don'/t get this N word racism. For example, black rappers rap and they the n word numerous times. So why do they say it if it harms them that much? Pretty much, when you listen to the garbage mainstream rap( ever since 2pac left its been garbage face the reality) you hear the n-word. Don't you think people who are not black become programmed to say it sometimes, when they don't even mean to be racist.

In short, maybe black rappers should stop using the n-word in their songs if it harms them that much. I honestly don't get the n word controversy because it seems like if black people are getting harmed by it than stop using it yourself on the streets.

cEgsHKt.gif

I just wonder, did he ever treat any black person like crap? Every interaction with black people I saw was generally like anyone else. So if he personally hates blacks, yet treats them the same as anyone else outside of the privacy of his own home, I can't say I care. But this is the SJW movement of outrage so I can see a lot of flipping out over nothing.

cEgsHKt.gif

I just wonder, did he ever treat any black person like crap? Every interaction with black people I saw was generally like anyone else. So if he personally hates blacks, yet treats them the same as anyone else outside of the privacy of his own home, I can't say I care. But this is the SJW movement of outrage so I can see a lot of flipping out over nothing.

I think I recall him body slamming the Junk Yard Dog followed by a big leg drop. If that isn't racist, i'm not sure what is.

I don'/t get this N word racism. For example, black rappers rap and they the n word numerous times. So why do they say it if it harms them that much? Pretty much, when you listen to the garbage mainstream rap( ever since 2pac left its been garbage face the reality) you hear the n-word. Don't you think people who are not black become programmed to say it sometimes, when they don't even mean to be racist.

In short, maybe black rappers should stop using the n-word in their songs if it harms them that much. I honestly don't get the n word controversy because it seems like if black people are getting harmed by it than stop using it yourself on the streets.

Simple. He's white, and only whites can be considered racist.

Signed, poor me white person.

Archived