The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[News] Hulk Hogan's racial slurs caught on tape, WWE terminates contract.

Odd.

No way anyone can defend HH here.

Well Kamala seems to be defending him and he's black

- Jason King of Bleacher Report spoke with former WWE star James "Kamala" Harris about the racist comments made by Hulk Hogan in 2006 that were revealed by Radar Online and The National Enquirer on Friday. Hogan was programmed with Kamala in the 1980's and the 1990's, and often expressed concern over Kamala not being fairly compensated for their main event feud. Harris said:

"That's not the Hogan I know. Hogan always treated me like a gentleman. He genuinely cared about me. He was my friend. He'd tell me, 'Brother, I'm getting my money. I hope you're getting yours, because you're putting asses in the seats.' When it came to our matches, he valued my input. He'd always say, 'What do you want to do out there, brother?' I'd tell him, and then we'd go out there and do it. He's a sweetheart of a guy."

Kamala said Hogan just got caught with a "hidden recorder and said something he probably didn't mean" and he's not mad at his former foe. Harris added:

"I'm not mad at him at all. Deep down, he's really not like that. He's a super-nice guy. I don't believe he's a racist at all, no matter what he said."

Harris also commented on what he would say to Hogan if he saw him now:

"The first thing I'd do is shake his hand and hug him, just like we always do. That wouldn't change. Then I might say, 'Hey man, what happened?' But it'd be with a smiling face."

I don'/t get this N word racism. For example, black rappers rap and they the n word numerous times. So why do they say it if it harms them that much? Pretty much, when you listen to the garbage mainstream rap( ever since 2pac left its been garbage face the reality) you hear the n-word. Don't you think people who are not black become programmed to say it sometimes, when they don't even mean to be racist.

In short, maybe black rappers should stop using the n-word in their songs if it harms them that much. I honestly don't get the n word controversy because it seems like if black people are getting harmed by it than stop using it yourself on the streets.

It's called intent. Rappers aren't trying to put down black people when they call them the N word, but HH clearly is.

Boxing legend George Foreman isn't jumping on the bandwagon against his "friend" Hulk Hogan -- and swears he's not a racist.

Foreman told TMZ Sports ... “I have known Hulk Hogan for well over 20 years. I do not condone the language he used, but he is no racist, he is a good guy."

And instead of distancing himself from Hogan -- on the heels of the n-word scandal -- the ex champ went out of his way to verbally embrace him.

Foreman added, "He is a friend of mine. We have hung out together and we have even been in the ring together. I consider him a friend.”

---------------------------------------------------------

Virgil -- one of the most iconic black wrestlers ever -- says the Hulk Hogan he considered a mentor and a friend never showed any signs of racism in all the years he's known him.

Virgil tells TMZ Sports he was saddened Friday morning when he read about Hogan's N-word rant on a sex tape, and says he doesn't condone racism or racist behavior one bit.

But Virgil tells us, "You can only judge a person based on past experience. Hulk Hogan has never given me a reason to believe he is a racist."

Hogan has since apologized for the comments he made on the sex tape -- which was recorded 8 years ago.

Boxing legend George Foreman isn't jumping on the bandwagon against his "friend" Hulk Hogan -- and swears he's not a racist.

Foreman told TMZ Sports ... “I have known Hulk Hogan for well over 20 years. I do not condone the language he used, but he is no racist, he is a good guy."

And instead of distancing himself from Hogan -- on the heels of the n-word scandal -- the ex champ went out of his way to verbally embrace him.

Foreman added, "He is a friend of mine. We have hung out together and we have even been in the ring together. I consider him a friend.”

You forgot to add the quote where Foreman added, "so, Hulk, mind if I bang your daughter?".

Sure you can. Old people grew up in a time when it wasn't as taboo to be racist. Older people are more likely to be racist than younger people because of the time they grew up in.

eg) A person born in the 1930's is more likely to have supported different drinking fountains for blacks, as it was the norm back them. A person born in the 1800's is more likely to have supported complete segregation. A person born in the 1700's is more likely to have supported slavery.

Notice how the further back we go in time, the more racist people are....

I agree hundred percent , People who have grown up in a time were racism was the normal are not going to give it completely

You cant expect people to wipe out a portion of there life were things like racism are normal and fully exceptable because all of a sudden it's not PC , It will only go away with time and newer generations and to be honest it help if black people would also stop using it and find excuses as to why it's ok for them

Hulk Hogan was my hero as a kid growing up in the 80's

My opinion of him hasn't changed, people make mistakes. If anything, I lost that much more interest in wrestling. It's one thing to terminate his contract but to try to erase the man who made wrestling what it is today is idiotic. How is Hulk Hogan not in the Hall of Fame?

Younger people really have no idea how big Hulk Hogan made wrestling. Wrestling aired on National prime time television in the 80's. The Saturday night main event was on NBC before SNL. It will never have a national audience like that again. He had a cartoon, endless Merchandise, albums, cereal, ice cream. You couldn't escape Hulk Hogan in the 80's.

He also helped a lot of people and raised a lot of money for charity all over the world. It's absolutely disgraceful that a man who gave so much back is being hung to dry for some recorded conversation in the past. I'd be willing to bet that he helped way more people over his career, then he offended over this.

Archived