The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald?

samurai

He was a Gillis signing. Never stood a chance under benning.

Alright that's enough negativity towards Benning from you. He's doing a fine job so far. Yes I don't like the returns on the Bieksa and Kassian trade either but what's done is done. It's time to move on

Alright that's enough negativity towards Benning from you. He's doing a fine job so far. Yes I don't like the returns on the Bieksa and Kassian trade either but what's done is done. It's time to move on

I'll call a bad move when I see it. I like archie. I don't see why benning couldn't retain his services. I'll leave it at that.

I liked him, but every single time he was doing good for the farm team and was called up to play the same role.

He fizzled failed and was a non factor.

He has a very specific role he plays well in the AHL, but hasn't shown he can translate it in to the NHL like at all.

Darren Archibald Talk?

He's a UFA but could still be signed by Utica. He's a good AHL player (not great though). I think we have better talent in the pipeline and with Prust and Dorsett already on the team for toughness, plus players like Gaunce and Grenier ahead of him (not to mention the skilled players as well) on the call up list, I think his time was done. Certainly no one's rushed to sign him.

He'd make a great Utica depth signing, the Comets forward lineup looks extremely green right now... they could use a vet or two to help stabilize the young kids. If they go into next year without O'Reilly, Conacher, Defazio, Acton, Archibald and Baertschi that's a huge blow to their experience and offense... I doubt he has much of an NHL future but he can be a solid AHLer, Utica needs those kinds of players.

Archived