The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Archibald?

samurai

Apparently I don't either. Can u explain how it works for one scenario but not the other?

well I use the term when someone is being a puss puss.

Example:

Tyler, want to go play 9 at little River today?

No kassy says I have to do yard work.

Aww come on grow a pair and play golf with me man.

I don't see how it works when you're just in disagreement with another. Has nothing to did with having a set of balls or not.

I guess it wouldn't work in this case.

Can I get an order of chicken wings?

Actually sir we're out of chicken wings.

Why don't you grow a pair!

See doesn't work.

well I use the term when someone is being a puss puss.

Example:

Tyler, want to go play 9 at little River today?

No kassy says I have to do yard work.

Aww come on grow a pair and play golf with me man.

I don't see how it works when you're just in disagreement with another. Has nothing to did with having a set of balls or not.

Right. I thought you meant the Gillis pick not standing a chance under Benning....works for Archie but not Horvat...wasn't sure how it was out of context - misunderstood

He was a Gillis signing. Never stood a chance under benning.

Horvat, Markstrom, Grenier, Tanev, Subban, etc. all either (1) given new contracts, or (2) given greater opportunity, and all were Gillis-era acquisitions. Don't let your hate for Benning (which is fine) let you make really stupid arguments (not fine).

I liked him, but every single time he was doing good for the farm team and was called up to play the same role.

He fizzled failed and was a non factor.

He has a very specific role he plays well in the AHL, but hasn't shown he can translate it in to the NHL like at all.

Yeah, but.....Bunnig (the moran) got ride of hiim....therefore, he's to win a Selky. Sundin sistres hahaha, more liek a darft pck yuh dum bunnig.

I thought Archibald would have fitted in in the play-offs last season when Calgary was pushing Vcr around and we lacked any real heavy forecheck. Vcr simply couldn't handle the Flames

This is ironic coming from you.

In retrospect, I don't think that having him or DeFazio as the 4th line left wing in place of acquiring Prust would've been the worst idea. They're all rugged lunch pail guys would would've worked well on energy lines, plus they would've saved some cap space by not getting the veteran Prust.

Oh well, it's clear that Benning has his favorites (Sbisa in, Stanton out; Markstrom in, Lack out; Prust in, Kassian out) and that he values veteran leadership. Given the limited number of roster spots on a team, it's not surprising that guys get shipped around esp. when they're depth guys.

In retrospect, I don't think that having him or DeFazio as the 4th line left wing in place of acquiring Prust would've been the worst idea. They're all rugged lunch pail guys would would've worked well on energy lines, plus they would've saved some cap space by not getting the veteran Prust.

Oh well, it's clear that Benning has his favorites (Sbisa in, Stanton out; Markstrom in, Lack out; Prust in, Kassian out) and that he values veteran leadership. Given the limited number of roster spots on a team, it's not surprising that guys get shipped around esp. when they're depth guys.

The question mark being "can defazio or archibald do what prust can consistently do?"

It's like going all in with a low pair, when you are getting low blinded out of the game.

Benning is holding his chips.

Archived