Prust-Vey/Centre prospect-Dorsett
Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bartkowski
Sbisa-Weber
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

Run the 2nd and 3rd lines as more of a 2A/2B situation, getting similar ice time. Give Virtanen 1 year unless he REALLY impresses. If baertschi can't handle his role demote him, ideally move Higgins for a younger LW or put a prospect in the 3rd or 4th line LW role(Centres could play a wing). Weber gets 1st line Powerplay time.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Higgins(ugh)-Sutter-Hansen

Prust-Vey/Centre prospect-Dorsett

Kenins

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bartkowski

Sbisa-Weber

Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

Run the 2nd and 3rd lines as more of a 2A/2B situation, getting similar ice time. Give Virtanen 1 year unless he REALLY impresses. If baertschi can't handle his role demote him, ideally move Higgins for a younger LW or put a prospect in the 3rd or 4th line LW role(Centres could play a wing). Weber gets 1st line Powerplay time.

I actually like the second line on this team... if you replace Vrbata with Virtanen. Have a feeling he will be ready to be eased into the NHL. Vrbata, I would trade for the cap space to sign Cory Franson.

Don't play Vey on the fourth line center. He's a weak spot in the middle... better off shunting him to the wing and playing Blair Jones or Brendan Gaunce.

Defense is weak no doubt... I would probably actually begin promoting guys from the farm or otherwise try signing someone like Franson - after making two tough trades to free the space.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, given the trade for Suter, things definitely gets shaken for the better.

But what do you guys think about Gaunce? I strongly feel he should be promoted to the NHL, after three seasons in the juniors and minors, where he performed quite substantially, with only room to grow.

Realistically, I see him slotting in the fourth line between Vey and Dorsett. Gives you a strong defensive line also capable of delivering some depth offense. Also gradually readies Gaunce for bigger roles.

i think burrows will be along side the sedins until he shats the bed...he allows them to play their game.....i agree that bonino might be a third line centre but can play 2nd line until bo is ready for those rigors...i could see prust and dorsett on different lines to add grit to the 3rd and 4th lines..if baerschi can grab the 2nd line lw spot then higgy will move down...hansen can play 3rd or 4th line rw..

i'll wait and see how bartkowski, clendening and corrado play before i write any of them off...we don't need franson....

this team isn't ready for a cup yet, but i'll be rooting for them all this season...

Burrows would probably prolong his career if the team could get a good first pass defenseman with a nose for the net on the power play...say Shattenkirk?

Archived