The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where do you currently live? [Talk]

Kaner

I worked 2 years in Salmon Arm for Ckxr radio...loved it there..Shuswap is a great lake..hows the millfoil problem..they were worried when I was there...that was before the houseboat boom...

In the meantime..I live here behind the liquor store in New West...

cardboard_zpsyp5ympvd.jpg

How's the McD's wifi reception?

Dhahran/Khobar/Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

But u all probably knew that.

Almost 2 years ago I moved from calgary to here.

I loved calgary and spent 8 years there.

Prior to that I lived in Halifax for 2 years after moving from Karachi, Pakistan.

I've lived for 6 months in Qatar.

I've also lived in some few other countries across the middle east for shorts stints/also when I was younger.

Dhahran/Khobar/Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

But u all probably knew that.

Almost 2 years ago I moved from calgary to here.

I loved calgary and spent 8 years there.

Prior to that I lived in Halifax for 2 years after moving from Karachi, Pakistan.

I've also lived for 6 months in Qatar.

For the most part, the Muslims in Calgary are very friendly and are very adaptive (highly important part of assimilation). That's why I like them here. It's very different encountering the ones in the GTA. Calgary's heritage unfortunately is what I like to call rather sh**-kicker'ish (I celebrate the heritage and stuff but you wouldn't ever catch me riding horses, wearing the cowboy get-up, or shouting "yeehaw!" -- you'd be surprised how involved some get), but it's still part of the culture here, and it's cool seeing Muslims partaking in it.

When I moved to Calgary from Toronto, I came first before my wife and daughter, the first experience I had in Calgary was going to a TD Bank to withdraw rent money for a townhouse rental. The customer service lady was a very young and good looking Muslim woman, and when she realized I had just come here she, in front of a huge line of customers listening to us talk about moving, gave me her number and offered to show me around town personally and where all the decent areas are. :lol: Would have smashed if I wasn't married.

For the most part, the Muslims in Calgary are very friendly and are very adaptive (highly important part of assimilation). That's why I like them here. It's very different encountering the ones in the GTA. Calgary's heritage unfortunately is what I like to call rather sh**-kicker'ish (I celebrate the heritage and stuff but you wouldn't ever catch me riding horses, wearing the cowboy get-up, or shouting "yeehaw!" -- you'd be surprised how involved some get), but it's still part of the culture here, and it's cool seeing Muslims partaking in it.

When I moved to Calgary from Toronto, I came first before my wife and daughter, the first experience I had in Calgary was going to a TD Bank to withdraw rent money for a townhouse rental. The customer service lady was a very young and good looking Muslim woman, and when she realized I had just come here she, in front of a huge line of customers listening to us talk about moving, gave me her number and offered to show me around town personally and where all the decent areas are. :lol: Would have smashed if I wasn't married.

Yeah, I also really liked the Muslim Community there. I also prefer them over Toronto's. The Muslims in Calgary were generally more nicer and friendly. I actually felt there were better Muslims generally in Calgary than here in the city I live in.

Back in Calgary the Muslim Community was strongly united, as there were Muslims from many different groups and even shias all praying in the same mosque. With stampede breakfasts, Eid festivals, activities for youth, and much more. Felt like a true community.

Yeah, I also really liked the Muslim Community there. I also prefer them over Toronto's. The Muslims in Calgary were generally more nicer and friendly. I actually felt there were better Muslims generally in Calgary than here in the city I live in.

Back in Calgary the Muslim Community was strongly united, as there were Muslims from many different groups and even shias all praying in the same mosque. With stampede breakfasts, Eid festivals, activities for youth, and much more. Felt like a true community.

I agree, it's unfortunate that Calgary lost a decent Calgarian. Do you plan on coming back?

9 years in Coquitlam/Poco

4 months in Edmonton

9 years living in Caronport, SK.

I need a big city to live in - soon.

Jazz just go back to BC and live the perfect life. Big cities really get to you imho. My main goal is to make enough capitol to get back to the interior. INTERIOR OR BUST !

Currently in Cowtown for what seems like 10 lifetimes :( Time to have a back pack and passport for my residence I think.

White Rock, BC -> Langley, BC -> Hillsboro, OR -> Beaverton, OR -> Vancouver, BC -> Kelowna, BC -> Portland, OR -> Tualatin, OR -> Seoul, Korea -> Nagoya, Japan -> White Rock, BC -> Hillsboro, OR -> North Plains, OR

My family moved between BC and Oregon a lot with some time in Asia for good measure. Now I live and work in Oregon but travel all over the world...Childhood travels led to adulthood travels.

Go Ducks!!

Archived