The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EXTENSION] Derek Stepan & NYR

not sure where you got those numbers. He played 66 games and had 55 points (not 66 in 55). Factor in for 82 games and he would be at 68 points.

My original point stands, if less than a point per game is upper tier than something has to change.

Lemme explain:

55 points /68 games = 0.8088 points/ game

0.8088 points/ game * 82 games = 66.32 points

I then looked in the standings to see where he ranks in terms of points/ game and overall points, had he played full season, to get the rankings.

So in your eyes, only Sid, Seguin, Benn, Tavares, Pat Kane, Datsyuk, Malkin and Ovie are upper tier? Voracek, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Tyler Johnson, Danny Sedin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Hank, Stamkos, Johansen, Nash, Zetterberg, Pavelski, Corey Perry, Toews, Kopitar and a bunch of other solid guys wouldn't make the cut as "upper tier" if the league went by your standards.

Lemme explain:

55 points /68 games = 0.8088 points/ game

0.8088 points/ game * 82 games = 66.32 points

I then looked in the standings to see where he ranks in terms of points/ game and overall points, had he played full season, to get the rankings.

So in your eyes, only Sid, Seguin, Benn, Tavares, Pat Kane, Datsyuk, Malkin and Ovie are upper tier? Voracek, Backstrom, Tarasenko, Tyler Johnson, Danny Sedin, Getzlaf, Giroux, Hank, Stamkos, Johansen, Nash, Zetterberg, Pavelski, Corey Perry, Toews, Kopitar and a bunch of other solid guys wouldn't make the cut as "upper tier" if the league went by your standards.

Oops my numbers got messed up by this garble, apparently he only played in 55...

Had he played the full season, that's 66 points in 82 games (he only played in 55), 41st in the league in pt./ game and tied for 23rd overall (with Zetterberg and Toews). Not bad numbers and company.

If he reaches another level then yes it will be a good deal.

50-60 points is not "number 1" center numbers.

He was on pace for 66 last year. It's not a stretch to think he can get 70+. To me if you have a centerman that can play a 2 way game and get you 70 points, that's a number one centerman. Plus this deal carries him thru his prime years. What kesler got was overpayment. Stepan deal is solid

I didn't say elite. 70 points while playing well both ways is well within reach for him.

If you didn't notice, the Art Ross trophy winner was under a point per game.

Stepan is going to be good for 60+ points every year of this contract.

Benn had 87 points? Did he play more than 87 games?

Archived