The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stretched-earlobe regret fuels surge in cosmetic surgery

Mr. Ambien

AKA, don't be stupid.

I too have tat's (started at 17/18 and have plans for more) but like you, I made sure not to get anything visible while wearing work attire.

Punching large pieces of wood through your face might seem like a great idea when you're 18 but when you need a job to buy a car, put a downpayment on a house, raise and support a family etc...it becomes a bit limiting :lol:

o-MEDITERRANEAN-DIET-570.jpg?8

how does one go about fixing that...

Some tribes do that on everyone. Plenty of examples of body piercing among various societies.

http://www.jpdutilleux.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/JPD-294.jpg

I guess it falls in the category of social acceptance. Oddly enough, I bet if the family in the photo came to Canada through a skilled work exchange program, the bamboo stick in the face would be considered more "culturally acceptable" than the body mod du jour trends that are happening now.

Primitive..

Perhaps, but not far off from what western people do these days. Ear rings, nipple or belly rings, I see them almost everyday. Genital and tongue piercing I see about once a month.

some like it, some don't. I try not to be too judgmental. Body mods are cultural, and very human it seems. Circumcision and tattoos are other examples. U can call that primitive too, but if everyone around you does it, you may view it differently.

Here are some nose plugs.

'https://youtu.be/H5FHr352lMQ

I find most body mod, outside of earrings and maybe a pierced nose, hideous. Even most tattoos are ugly regardless of the reason, or no reason at all, for having one. That said, I don't care if people get them, they are the ones that have to live with them.

Almost nailed it... nose piercings are awful too. Never liked them. It's funny seeing 50 year old women at work with them. I'm thinking - way to go Grandma!

I remember seeing a guy at the gym, eyebrow piercing, tattoos, and the guy was easily 50 as well. Honestly, he looked pathetic. I vowed never to be *that* guy.

Archived