The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Diner owner yells at child for wailing for an hour, creates uproar on the internet

Mr. Ambien

a poll  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thank you! B)

Sorry if you feel I somehow cross the line in an Off-Topic forum. But in lets be honest here.... we're all more than willing to throw out the "LOL Darwin Award Winner!" when someone does something stupid that gets themselves killed or maimed. More than willing to go "Oh yeah!! 'Murica!!!" when something is wrong with the USA. Call out Christians, Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Chinese.... any ethnic and religious group whenever they do something we disagree with..... but I toss out a casual off-hand remark about harsher child discipline (which most of us have probably gotta a good spanking as child) and suddenly you're Mr. PC? :sadno:

Hey it's all good. I honestly did not see that as a joke and I honestly don't see how it can be construed as such. Why didn't you answer my post where I asked (in all honesty) if you were in fact, not advocating the beating of a child?

I'd still believe it wasn't funny, but at least I would know that you weren't serious.

Hey it's all good. I honestly did not see that as a joke and I honestly don't see how it can be construed as such. Why didn't you answer my post where I asked (in all honesty) if you were in fact, not advocating the beating of a child?

I'd still believe it wasn't funny, but at least I would know that you weren't serious.

Well, when I wrote the second sentence starting with "In all seriousness..." it's supposed to indicate that the previous sentence was not serious.

Well, when I wrote the second sentence starting with "In all seriousness..." it's supposed to indicate that the previous sentence was not serious.

Yeah, I got that, but it just didn't make sense to me, which is why I asked in my next post if you were really not advocating beating a toddler.

Either way, at the risk to being "too PC" as many on this board seem to feel, I didn't find it at all funny, but maybe that's because I'm a father of three...

Yeah, I got that, but it just didn't make sense to me, which is why I asked in my next post if you were really not advocating beating a toddler.

Either way, at the risk to being "too PC" as many on this board seem to feel, I didn't find it at all funny, but maybe that's because I'm a father of three...

I'm a father too and I don't share your sense of humour. ;)

Just because we personally don't like things doesn't mean we can't joke about them.

My father committed suicide yet I wouldn't suggest people not joke about suicide (in general) just because I both find suicide reprehensible and have a personal agonizing experience with it. Likewise, my youngest sister died from complications of beating cancers (one being a 20 year battle beating leukemia), yet I wouldn't suggest people not joke about cancer. I don't see what would be accomplished by playing the "I'm offended, therefore you can't joke about that.." card.

Humour can be a great coping mechanism. And of course it's simply weird to be up tight.

I'm a father too and I don't share your sense of humour. ;)

Just because we personally don't like things doesn't mean we can't joke about them.

My father committed suicide yet I wouldn't suggest people not joke about suicide (in general) just because I both find suicide reprehensible and have a personal agonizing experience with it. Likewise, my youngest sister died from complications of beating cancers (one being a 20 year battle beating leukemia), yet I wouldn't suggest people not joke about cancer. I don't see what would be accomplished by playing the "I'm offended, therefore you can't joke about that.." card.

Humour can be a great coping mechanism. And of course it's simply weird to be up tight.

It comes as no surprise to me that you and I are at the opposite ends of more than one spectrum.

That being said, I don't think you (or Lancaster) are bad people just because we don't find the same things funny. It's okay to disagree sometimes.

FTR: I haven't seen what I'd call a good comedy for over 20 years, so I guess that says it all about what I find funny compared to much of CDC. :)

Archived