The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo Sabres Fire Team President Ted Black

Looks like Ted Black's handling with things like the messed up embarrasing Pat LaFontaine situation has finally come home to roost and bite him in the as*.

Buffalo Bills' president, Russ Brandon, will now also be the Sabres' president. Just like with the Bills, he will handle the business side of the organization.

Looks like GMTM will have more power over the hockey operations unless the Sabres bring in a separate Director of Hockey Operations again.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/27/sabres-part-ways-with-team-president-black-bills-brandon-to-assume-role/

Buffalo News sports reporter tweets:

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/27/sabres-name-russ-brandon-as-president-replacing-ted-black/

Isn't there like a Sabres forum you could post this in.

I've already posted on a couple of Sabres forums. CDC likes to comment on Tim Murray and still talks about the LaFontaine situation when it comes up, so I figured that the board may have thought it interesting that an NFL executive is also now overseeing an NHL team's business operations.

Plus, plenty has been talked about with the Maple Leaf's and other team's front offices here including the Sabres.

tatanka-o.gif

Tatanka?

:lol: Good one. No big deal though. Some people like to know what's going on with other teams in the league and hockey in general and others only prefer to talk about the Canucks.

Had the Sabres' front office done something stupid, half of the board would have been all over it with their "expert commentary" as was done with the Pat LaFontaine presidency. People on CDC sure wanted to talk about Ted Black when that happened.

Buffalo has an NHL team?

Yes and a fan base that isn't full of fair weather fans when the team does terrible....

Know any organization in Western Canada that once almost lost it's team in part because of attendance? I do.

Yes and a fan base that isn't full of fair weather fans when the team does terrible....

Know any organization in Western Canada that once almost lost it's team in part because of attendance? I do.

Oh yaaaa I remember this is the team that failed at tanking for mcdavid.

Also only valued at a quarter of the canucks on the Forbes list. Fairweather fans make $$$$$$

Oh yaaaa I remember this is the team that failed at tanking for mcdavid.

Also only valued at a quarter of the canucks on the Forbes list. Fairweather fans make $$$$$$

Hmmmm I seem to remember the slogan was "tank for McEichel".

Fairweather fans only make $$$$ when they show up. That certain Western Canadian team has/had been riding a Stanley Cup calibre contender until recently, and holy surprise Batman, they all of a sudden can't even fill 95% of their seats during a playoff year that was obviously not going to end in a SC, while the worst team's fans fill 98% of the seats. I wonder how low their attendance and with it their valuation can go if the team starts missing the playoffs regularly.

By the way how many Super Bowls did Buffalo win, oh yes NONE.

By the way how many Super Bowls did Buffalo win, oh yes NONE.

It's a popular question in Buffalo: Would you have rather been to 4 Super Bowls in a row or just one for one season where the Bills won it all. On average you'll get about 2 out of every 3 fans that choose go to 4 in a row, even if they don't end up with the Lombardi.

Also, you realize this is a hockey section for hockey discussion, right? The "other sports" part of the board is down a bit further. There's even an ongoing NFL thread.

DARN TOOTIN'!!! No sense of humour here baby! ....and yes, before you ask, I called you baby. :lol:

Oh no, don't mistake me...I believe you have a sense of humour, just not when it concerns Buffalo. For proof of this, just read your comments to Lucky in this very thread.

And don't worry, you can call me baby whenevah ya like doll!

Oh no, don't mistake me...I believe you have a sense of humour, just not when it concerns Buffalo. For proof of this, just read your comments to Lucky in this very thread.

And don't worry, you can call me baby whenevah ya like doll!

No sense of humour whatsoever when it comes to the city itself (not even a little), but when picking on our sports teams, I go to town on them. If I didn't, I'd be huddled in a corner crying. :lol:

How about I call you, "sexy hunk of man meat" instead?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived