The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo Sabres Fire Team President Ted Black

The Sabres are quite stacked with young forward prospects. At the very least the Buffalo fans will be entertained, plenty of speed and skill coming up. The question really is do they have the goaltending to compete, and do they have a coach that will implement a proper system. IMO Ted Nolan got shafted, he is a great coach and for some reason is always put into terrible situations.

The Sabres are quite stacked with young forward prospects. At the very least the Buffalo fans will be entertained, plenty of speed and skill coming up. The question really is do they have the goaltending to compete, and do they have a coach that will implement a proper system. IMO Ted Nolan got shafted, he is a great coach and for some reason is always put into terrible situations.

I'm not worried about the coaching, but you hit the nail on the head with the unknown goaltender factor. That could go either way.

Ted Nolan was screwed the second that Pat LaFontaine got screwed/resigned. Unfortunately for him, GM's like to choose their own coaches and since GMTM wasn't the one who hired him, the writing was on the wall. The good news for Sabres fans is that the guy that let it all happen, Ted Black, finally paid for it with his job. Terry Pegula and GMTM eventually cleaned house after everything was said and done.

The biggest thing that has me worried though is the downside to trading Zadorov. The Sabres' defensive depth is compromised now. If 2 or 3 d-men are out injured that can seriously put the team in a hole. That's one of the reasons why they'll be bottom 5 this season.

True story....they even cheer for their team to lose. That's dedication!

Hell yeah it is. Knowing that your then-current team sucks so bad that 3/4 of them won't still be on the roster in 2 seasons, you don't worry too much about the blow-back of booing as long as you get what's good for the organization in the long run.

Especially at first, I wasn't a fan of the booing but I understood it and if it helped in any way to clinch the tank and get the team Eichel, I'm glad that it happened.

When you have a team that is on a near constant "re-tool", you end up with a mediocre product that you're thankful for if they even make the second round of the playoffs.

All of the Sabres suckage that the fans have had to endure for a few seasons now is starting to pay off. The collection of talent that is starting to come together as a result of multiple trades and numerous high draft picks is very impressive and will only get better.

Compare my favourite team against my 2nd favourite team. My favourite team drops CoHo at a multi-year cap loss and I end up mourning the cap more than I do the player. On the other end of the spectrum, Kassian, who's production was erratic, gets let go and I mourn for the loss of that player.

Right now I have more faith in the Sabres' future than I do for the Canuck's future. Which is unfortunate because I would love to be alive to see a Canucks vs. Sabres, Stanley Cup Final series.

Archived