The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour-Eklund] Canucks interested in Fehr?

Provost

someone tell Benning you win games with skill not grinders. I mean yes you need a couple of grinders but this team is becoming comical this year. PRUST,higgins, Hansen, Kennins, Dorsett, Bartwoski, Sbisa, lol moar Grinders!!!!!!!!!

honestly, Benning smarten up and let some guys in the farm who have paid their dues play for this team. End the pipe dream of building a contender already. Why would we need Fehr? honestly why?

I told you guys before Bennings off-season this year is reminding me of Dave Nonis, you know when he signed Marc Chinounard, wait for it, wait for the grammar nazi to come on and tell me I can't spell his name, well I don't care, what the heck is benning doing is the bigger question? lol They say they want to go young and yet they want to sign more grinders? Oh because Dorsett is requesting them, because we all know how happy Dorsett is for Prust.(he even commented about it on his twitter) JEE JOLLY we are building the team around Derek Dorsett now? Because it seems like that, moar grinders Benning keep it up lol make sure Dorsett is happy.

You're having a stroke Desi, I suggest you have someone dial 911 on your behalf.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Baertschi - Horvat - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Hansen

Prust - Fehr - Dorsett

Vey

Kenins

That is pretty good offensive depth providing Baertschi can provide 45-50 points this year. Fehr would significantly shore up the bottom 6 faceoff deployment as well.

Fehr would be a welcome addition.

someone tell Benning you win games with skill not grinders. I mean yes you need a couple of grinders but this team is becoming comical this year. PRUST,higgins, Hansen, Kennins, Dorsett, Bartwoski, Sbisa, lol moar Grinders!!!!!!!!!

Fehr has scored 30+ points in each of the last couple of seasons in limited playing time. Those are great numbers for a guy who would play on the 3rd/4th lines. You don't put "skill" guys at the bottom end of your roster.

Having said that, I agree there are a couple too many guys of that ilk, and too many of the same type on the farm and we probably need to ditch a winger or two at some point. Hopefully Baertschi can replace Higgins who has been miscast in a top 6 role because of limited other options.

Benning also realizes the skill deficiency in the organization and that is why he said repeatedly before the draft that he was looking to get a skill guy with the 1st pick.

It's a transition year. I think that Benning is going to sit on this line up and wait and see if anybody had the good summer that he's been talking about. Guys like Vey and others need a chance to show what they've really got. If it's nothing, so be it. I'm looking forward to see what he's got after a full summer of training.

Signing Weber was a big mistake. He is to Willie, what Rome was to AV.

All he is going to do is take away powerplay minutes from guys like Clendening and Corrado. If we`re going to do that, I`d rather have Ehrhoff who is a far superior D-man.

Coaches are always short sighted and will focus on winning games. It`s up to Benning to force Wilie`s hand and give Corrado and Clendening more minutes. He won`t do that as long as Weber is signed.

While I agree a gm has to shape the team, no coach should ever go out half assed on purpose.

We've got too many bottom 6 players as it is.

If we're spending anymore money I'd rather spend it on the Hoff. He'd have way more of an impact.

I'm with you. I like fehr but I see no need for him this season. On less its a Toronto move. Trade him at the deadline for anything.

Oh yeah... Fehr was the guy who lost the draw on NY's series-clinching goal. He played just 7 mins in that OT game, mostly in the d-zone. It was his only game of the series. He was still hurting from an Okposo hit earlier in the playoffs. At this point, with his current status and overall injury history, any NHL job at all would be a boon for Fehr. So Welcome to Vancouver?

The guy has filled in nicely on 2nd and 3rd lines for several seasons. But he's never been anyone's plan A. Not sure he's ever had a multi-year deal. By November teams will be screaming for a guy like this. I am sure he has gotten used to it by now. Not really good, or bad, but Fehr.

We've got too many bottom 6 players as it is.

If we're spending anymore money I'd rather spend it on the Hoff. He'd have way more of an impact.

Signing Weber was a big mistake. He is to Willie, what Rome was to AV.

All he is going to do is take away powerplay minutes from guys like Clendening and Corrado. If we`re going to do that, I`d rather have Ehrhoff who is a far superior D-man.

Coaches are always short sighted and will focus on winning games. It`s up to Benning to force Wilie`s hand and give Corrado and Clendening more minutes. He won`t do that as long as Weber is signed.

Well if you sign Fehr, you pretty much say to those guys good luck getting a spot on our team. Even if they are long shots, they still need hope that there`s a realistic spot available for them to earn.

Fehr doesn`t represent anything we couldn`t acquire after training camp.

He's a great need fit for what? Making the playoffs?

This team has different goals now. (or at least it should). Signing more 30 year olds to try and force a non contender into the playoffs is counterproductive.

Fehr is a 29 year old, in his prime, playing hard minutes and producing outstanding two way results.

Ehrhoff is a declining 33 year old who is soft and brings absolutely nothing that can't be brought by the NHL ready defensemen this team already has.

On the other hand, Vey is not really suited to the hard minutes of a fourth line center, and the other guys you name are longshots to be NHL ready this year.

The team could use a veteran, two-way fourth line center that is strong in the faceoff circle, has outstanding underlying numbers, handles hard minutes and can contribute offensively far more than it could use a soft, declining 33 yr old that couldn't produce in PIttsburgh.

I'm not fixed on the necessity of signing a fourth line center, but if the team is to add another asset in free agency, that makes far more sense than "the Hoff". I'm curious who you think will be on the market after training camp that represents an equivalent to Fehr.

Archived