The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Ehrhoff would take 1-year deal, CBJ kicking tires.

So Weber's 11 goals and 21 points doesn't qualify him to be an actual NHLer compared to Ehrhoff who had 3 goals and 14 points. Granted he was injured but pro-rated to 82 games and Weber would still have produced more than Ehrhoff

For the record, far different situational use/opportunity.

Ehrhoff's not what he was but he's still (marginally) better than Weber.

I really hope we can sign Ehrhoff. He was a huge component on the Sedins scoring success. He was almost a 3rd Sedin. Such great chemistry. If we could snag him on a 1 year deal I would be thrilled. Our top line would be buzzing to go along with our new found toughness, all of a sudden were a contender. Seriously JB get'r done.

I'm getting a kick out of the Ehrhoff situation. He badly wanted out of his Buffalo contract so he could play for a contender. Now that the Sabres traded away Zadorov, they are looking for a left handed defenceman.

He's now a semi-unwanted player in the league that is looking for a contract at a fraction of what he would have been making had he stayed with the Sabres.

He had it made in the shade with both the Canucks and the Sabres. He's learning the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. The Sabres sucked with and without him, but he sure could have made a difference in Vancouver.

But hey, he still wants his immediate chance at the Stanley Cup. *snicker*

He went to Buffalo to 'win a Cup' in the first place, lulzzzzz.

The guy couldn't produce with the free range Penguins.

What next?

What next?

He's just looking for a steady 2015-16 paycheque at this point. He can't be too choosy about teams, because he's not in high demand.

Maybe he'll get signed by the Maple Laffs and then announce he's there to get his name engraved on the Stanley Cup. :lol:

What next?

I am surprised Oilers didn't take a 1 year 4 mil chance on him honestly. They desperately needed D and he can at least be a decent stop gap for them.

I am surprised Oilers didn't take a 1 year 4 mil chance on him honestly. They desperately needed D and he can at least be a decent stop gap for them.

He would never go to Edmonton. He only wants to play for cup contenders even if that means a new city every year.

We should puncture those CBJ tires and try to get him here so we can swap him for a pick at the TDL.

We'd likely have to move another one of our D men out and definitely whatever salary we would be signing him to.

Who do you propose?

I really wished we had not signed Weber and payed a little extra for Ehrhoff for at least a year or two. That would have given us a good top 4 D-men core and we may have traded him at the trade deadline for picks to a contender.

We'd likely have to move another one of our D men out and definitely whatever salary we would be signing him to.

Who do you propose?

If it were up to me, it'd be one of Sbisa or Weber. Salary wise, it just makes sense to get rid of Sbisa. He really doesn't produce a lot of offense for a tough dude that makes as many mistakes as he has. Weber on the other hand is small and is only useful on the powerplay, which is easily replaceable if we're talking about Ehrhoff coming in. I would say Sbisa is my first choice followed by Weber, that guy is really dragging Hamhuis down.

This a good idea because if we can reunite Edler and Ehrhoff and they even replicate half of the success they've had with each other, that allows Tanev to be paired up with Hamhuis. We will then automatically have a MUCH more solid top 4. If I could pick what the last pairing would be, it would be Bartkowski and Corrado, leaving Weber as the extra man. If Ehrhoff finds chemistry with the Sedins, then that would be even better.

Update:

Christian Ehrhoff: Last month, Ehrhoff’s agent claimed his client would accept a one-year deal. The German magazine Eishockey News reports Ehrhoff confirms receiving an offer from the Columbus Blue Jackets, but he’s also speaking with other clubs. The Carolina Hurricanes and Boston Bruins could be among the suitors.

The Hockey News

Archived