The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Welcome to Vancity Brandon Sutter

SergioMomesso

Love this deal. Sutter is the type of guy we needed, and I have always always loved the way he plays. He's a total package of physicality, speed and skill. He might not be one of the elite centres in the league, but he sure does fit the bill here. Absolutely love this move. He's young too!. But then again I have loved every move JB has made so far! He's the right guys for the job, no matter what anyone says.

Kesler + 3rd + 2nd + 5th --> Mcann, Sbisa, Sutter, 3rd

Did I miss anyone?

Excited for Sutter to be here, should be good. They knew that bonino could plug the 2C for a while, but now they're really banking on Sutter/Horvat stepping it up this next season. I like the move.

When I heard the news I didn't know what to believe because I have been rooting for Bonino to pull through and become the player i envision him having the potential to be. Saying that, Brandon Sutter is a player I have admired for many years now and couldn't be happier to add someone like him to the line-up. I think the deal is fair for both teams since I am torn with my feelings.

Good move for both teams I say.

Sutter has cap hit of 3.3 million and Bonino 1.6 million was lower cap hit..I feel more trades will come we are up against cap now??

So much for Cody Franson 27 yrs old who would be a great great fit here 6'5 200 lbs and can play...|Would really like Franson best player not signed this summer..We will need unload some salaries now with Sutter trade..

I could see Higgins or Burrows being traded and Burrows has the bigger salary at 4.0 million..

keep fingers crossed for Franson, we have a small defence need... We need to bring up big tough Andrey Pedan 6'4, 220lbs

very tough, that was a great trade by Benning last October..Hope to see Pedan in line up sometime soon..

I actually liked Bonino and Clendening... Sutter looks ok though

Heres hoping Vey can replace Bonino's offensive production.

Uhhh........Sutter scored more goals than Bonino last year(21-15). Points were close as well Sutter(33) and Bonino(39). Not sure where the difference needs to be made up by Vey. I am also sure the 2nd PP can only get better compared to last year. It was led by Bonino and did not do very well if you recall.

We might actually have a dedicated 3rd liner who can actually win faceoffs, size, and can score goals for the first time since 2010/2011. Sutter isn't injury prone, has lots of 80-82 games under his belt, has offensive capabilities, can easily fill in on the 2nd line if injuries come, reliable, can play on the PP AND on the PK, and he's 26 years old. He's a valuable player and will definitely provide a scoring touch on our 3rd line alongside if let's say Virtanen makes the 3rd line. If Virtanen doesn't, Hansen/Higgins will also mesh with Sutter perfectly. He's a kinda guy every team would want.

Bonino was a bit meh last year, very streaky, doesn't bring a consistent game, not the best at faceoffs, seemed quite out of place. Obviously, his contract was great, but imho Sutter > Bonino easy.

Kind of sad to let go Bonino and Clendening, really thought he'd be something for us, but he'll also have to fight for a spot on the Penguins blueline. Also sad we let go a 2nd round pick, which can easily be acquired, but we did also get a 3rd round pick back which isn't that bad.

Another good reason is that this will leave Horvat more space and room to grow which'll motivate him to take that 2nd line center spot he's bound to get. This will be great for Horvat as he'll groom into our 2nd line center in no time. He'll also have Baertschi and either Vrbata/Burrows on his wing if that's the path were taking.

Again, IMHO Sutter > Bonino.

This deal I'm very pleased with.

To elaborate, Bonino played a lot less minutes yet had a MUCH higher points per 60minutes, goals per 60, and first assists per 60.

Bonino improved his line mates possession numbers, where Sutter did not. The only numbers in which Sutter was better was his GA/60.

Sutter (3.3mil) and a 3rd round for Bonino (1.9 mil) Clendening and 2nd round pick. Sounds like Sutter has more "character" than Bonino. This is getting comical.

A big welcome to the recent converts who have lost faith in Benning.

CLAyBWHUAAAkHWD.png

CLAyBWJUkAAFnVr.png

Not a fan of this trade, Bonino was on par with Sutter last season while playing a tough role. Sutter could break out, but still... I don't like this trade.

Why trade Forsling for Clendenning when you're just going to trade Clendenning?

Why trade a cheaper, just as effective Bonino for Sutter, who is a pending UFA?

Sutter is better than Bonino, we upgraded our 3rd line centre

Archived