The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Welcome to Vancity Brandon Sutter

SergioMomesso

Hero charts say Bonino is vastly better than Sutter everywhere except for +/-

I can see by your posts that you are definitely a numbers type of guy. As you can plainly see, there are big differences in how players play in the regular season and in the playoffs. Does your numbers measure heart and desire to win? Do they measure who is going to step up when a team needs a goal or who steps up to protect a one goal lead? To me numbers are a "guide" and when it come to predicting human nature, there is no computer(numbers) that can predict that accurately. If they did, then we might as well let Xbox play out games and then gambling on sporting events would be non-existant.

Like Sven Baertschi trade...Sven will be a 25 goal score and has great speed..Be patient he will be good top 6 player for sure..

Sven's gonna get some nice passes from Brandon Sutter with his right handed shot. :) This deal definitely cleared up some of the roster space issues we had. We still are under a crunch though right? 7 D and how many forwards? Thought we were 2-3 spots over.

To elaborate, Bonino played a lot less minutes yet had a MUCH higher points per 60minutes, goals per 60, and first assists per 60.

Bonino improved his line mates possession numbers, where Sutter did not. The only numbers in which Sutter was better was his GA/60.

And do those numbers make any sense once a player switches teams? Don't you think being surrounded by different players has an impact on a player's statistical performance? Or do you not watch what a player can do and only look at statistics?

Dangerous penalty killer. Above 50% on FO. He hits and plays physical hockey without taking a lot of penalties. He can skate without knee-braces on. He isn't 87.7% bald. He's a Sutter, so you know the effort will be there night after night.

Nick who? Never heard of her.

Lol. Funny I know your not being malicious.

Who's sig was that anyways?

Remember that Sutter was a 3rd line centre behind Crosby and Malkin.

Bonino wasn't consistent enough, and I think the plan was to let Horvat take over the number 2 spot.

Don't forget that we gave up Forsling, a 5th rounder, for Clendenning. The only thing I question is the draft pick swap. It doesn't seem that necessary.

But we'll wait and see. It's hard to judge a trade when the season hasn't even started yet. Then you can rip in to Benning, and make fire Benning t-shirts if the trade sucks.

Don't think this trade was about points...or skill.

Just think the Canucks are a little bit tougher to play against.

That's a good thing.

And I think we see one more relatively big trade before training camp opens.

http://ownthepuck.blogspot.ca/

I can't get it to link, but go down to the HERO Chart and search Bonino vs Sutter.

Bonino > Sutter

Means nothing when you don't take into account WHO each played with. Bonino played with VASTLY better players, yet only scored 6 more points than Sutter.

Sutter has better skating, checking and grit. If you flank Sutter with good players he will produce; I think it's conceivable that Sutter could produce like Jordan Staal if he gets the right linemates.

Sutter is a very good 3rd line center. He plays the way we need players to play in our division. He drives to the net, he uses his size, and he has the heart of a lion. Another quality character piece to the puzzle JB is building.
Bonino was virtually invisible in the playoffs. Looked overwhelmed and out of sorts. He will return to a 3rd line role where he will continue to grow. Clendening's footspeed was a question for many fans. Moving him out stings a little but when reflecting what we got for him (Forling's IE: 5th Round Pick) we did well.
This move also lets Vancouver keep their 2nd round pick since it is the ANA pick going back to PITS. Believe this trade will greatly help both teams in their areas of need. Canucks get a likely high 3rd pick back. :)
Good deal fellas. Anyone else notice how JB hasn't traded with the same GM twice? :)

IMO a terrible trade. Bonino a much cheaper center with good hands and some good passes. Clendening a good defensive prospect (exactly what this franchise need) and a 2nd ?!?

I am confused.. I see a high 2nd rounder, a good (cheap) 3rd line-center and a defensive prospect, for a big 3rd line-center with much more cap-hit and a late 3rd rounder.. this should be good for us? Are we tanking for Matthews, Chychrun or Puljujarvi? <_<

Bonino > Sutter

2nd > 3rd

Clendenning > nothing

Clendenning is the WTF here. Was he really necessary?

Trading Clendenning wasn't necessary.. practically another throw in.

I don't really get the trade. Bonino left you wanting to pull your hair out some nights, but Sutter is going to be that much of an improvement given the cap hit and other assets we gave up? Another trade that has me scratching my head..

Trading Clendenning wasn't necessary.. practically another throw in.

I don't really get the trade. Bonino left you wanting to pull your hair out some nights, but Sutter is going to be that much of an improvement given the cap hit and other assets we gave up? Another trade that has me scratching my head..

Please remove the Tortorella photo and sig. Can't stand starring at that guys mug. He's in the past lol. Its like having Mike Keenan as your pic and sig. He's irrelivant now.

Please remove the Tortorella photo and sig. Can't stand starring at that guys mug. He's in the past lol. Its like having Mike Keenan as your pic and sig. He's irrelivant now.

I dunno what to change them tooooo. Maybe change the name altogether? He's not even in the NHL anymore. I dunno tho. Tough decisions..

Archived