The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Estimate Sutter's Extension

Graham

With Jim Benning stating he expects to have an extension signed with Sutter within the next few days (he is apparently in Holland right now), I can already picture the outbursts on these forums once the deal gets announced. With other signings over the past year, the consensus has been that they were over-payments (Sbisa and Dorsett are the main ones), so with that in mind, what do you think Sutter's extension will look like?

With Sutter currently sitting at a 3.3M cap hit, and with the fact that Benning gave up some decent assets to get him, I think it's safe to say he is going to get a raise.

I think he deserves about 3.5M for a few years, I get the feeling that Benning will pay him about 3.9M per year. I will be seriously angry at anything over 4M. Here's to hoping he doesn't get grossly overpaid.

So before you can complain once a deal gets announced, let's hear your realistic expectations for Sutter's contract. This can give us something to look back at to compare with once a deal gets announced.

With Jim Benning stating he expects to have an extension signed with Sutter within the next few days (he is apparently in Holland right now), I can already picture the outbursts on these forums once the deal gets announced. With other signings over the past year, the consensus has been that they were over-payments (Sbisa and Dorsett are the main ones), so with that in mind, what do you think Sutter's extension will look like?

With Sutter currently sitting at a 3.3M cap hit, and with the fact that Benning gave up some decent assets to get him, I think it's safe to say he is going to get a raise.

I think he deserves about 3.5M for a few years, I get the feeling that Benning will pay him about 3.9M per year. I will be seriously angry at anything over 4M. Here's to hoping he doesn't get grossly overpaid.

So before you can complain once a deal gets announced, let's hear your realistic expectations for Sutter's contract. This can give us something to look back at to compare with once a deal gets announced.

hmmm this looks very familiar to my thread from 3 hours ago "Whats Sutter Worth"

Stelar

Comets Regular

Posted Today, 11:58 AM

Sounds like Benning wants to sign Sutter to an extension in the next few days. After the outrage to the Sbisa and Dorsett extensions, please post now what you think Sutter is worth. Dollar and term. This way you can't bitch after he is extended about how it's too much for too long. Unless of course Benning spends way too much for way too long

I would do 3.75-4 M for 3-4 years

Edited by Stelar, Today, 12:18 PM.

Too much.

IMO he's barely worth the contract he has now.

This. I'm still shocked...

If he gets a raise over the current contract I won't be shocked considering gillman is gone and benning doesn't know how to manage cap space.

IMO he's worth 3 years 2.5aav at most.

Let's see, he's 26 and has scored 20 goals twice and is about 0.37 ppt in his 7 seasons so far, primarily playing in a third line role.

I'd be fine with anything south of $4 million, and it would be nice to give him some quality 2nd line minutes / wingers and see what he can do.

If he gets a raise over the current contract I won't be shocked considering gillman is gone and benning doesn't know how to manage cap space.

This is the most negative I've seen you in recent memory. I don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

Cheer up broski. Let's meet up at the Dirty Bird after work and i'll buy you some Canucks koolaid shooters and a lap dance. That gets me out of a funk every time.

A "foundation" player who is going to become a UFA the season after? I'm quite dismayed but reckon it could be 4 years at 19m at 4.75m per. Remember the contracts offered to Sbisa and Dorsett? :sadno:

Cheer up broski. Let's meet up at the Dirty Bird after work and i'll buy you some Canucks koolaid shooters and a lap dance. That gets me out of a funk every time.

This is the most negative I've seen you in recent memory. I don't like it.

I don't like it at all.

Guys... Bonino was a major part of my optimism and vision for this team. You don't win in a cap league like this without amazing money puck guys like bones.

I'm still baffled... This trade is atrocious. Absolutely disgusted.

hmmm this looks very familiar to my thread from 3 hours ago "Whats Sutter Worth"

Stelar

Comets Regular

Posted Today, 11:58 AM

Sounds like Benning wants to sign Sutter to an extension in the next few days. After the outrage to the Sbisa and Dorsett extensions, please post now what you think Sutter is worth. Dollar and term. This way you can't bitch after he is extended about how it's too much for too long. Unless of course Benning spends way too much for way too long

I would do 3.75-4 M for 3-4 years

Edited by Stelar, Today, 12:18 PM.

I realized that i somehow missed it but have no idea how to delete my thread.

Archived