The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there room for Rockin Ronnie?

Mattrek

It seems like he's the odd man out this year, but I was very impressed with his game play last year. Especially with Horvat those two were an awesome pairing. I think he's proved himself a very capable NHL player and deserves to be in, but who would he replace? Do you think we have room for him on the roster this season?

Why does someone have to be out? With the trade bringing us down to 7 defencemen instead of 8, we have room for 14 forwards. As it stands we have 13 on the roster without Virtanen. Who else would we be adding?

Higgins and Burr are almost certainly here until at least the run up to the trade deadline. Maybe if a bottom-feeder needed to reach the cap floor there would be demand, but they'd have to waive so it's unlikely. But they might waive to contenders looking to beef up around the deadline. So Ronnie has to beat somebody out to stick on opening day.

Likely depend on if Virtanen can earn 9 games and from there if he shows enough to stay up. Though Kenins could be a spare in that instance as well.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to have them swapped in/out of the 4th line and spare slots until the WJC to extend Virt's 9 games and make a decision from there.

If not, Kenins can go have a large role in Utica and be a primary call up option until the deadline and hopefully Higgins a Vrbata being moved.

Likely depend on if Virtanen can earn 9 games and from there if he shows enough to stay up. Though Kenins could be a spare in that instance as well.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to have them swapped in/out of the 4th line and spare slots until the WJC to extend Virt's 9 games and make a decision from there.

If not, Kenins can go have a large role in Utica and be a primary call up option until the deadline and hopefully Higgins a Vrbata being moved.

I'd love to see virt force a trade by playing his way on to the team. We can only hope.

Why does someone have to be out? With the trade bringing us down to 7 defencemen instead of 8, we have room for 14 forwards. As it stands we have 13 on the roster without Virtanen. Who else would we be adding?

Well of course Kenins can be rotated in and out, but I mean is there a permanent spot in our lineup for him? I just don't see the room unless Higgins gets moved.

Virtanen and Kenins all year...

Desjardins

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Sutter Vrbata

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Virtanen Prust Dorsett

Vey

Hamhius Edler

Sbisa Tanev

Corrado Bartkowski

Weber

Miller

Markstrom

Playoffs!

Kenins/horvat/hansen was money last year. plenty of skill with horvat and hansen while ronnie hit everything that moves to create space for the other two. If he can develop some hands he might be a legit 3rd liner one day. He's quite quick too, he reminds me of a younger Hansen who forchecked like a deamon and despite his hands of stone still managed to chip in.

I suspect another roster player is moved for picks

My guess would be Hansen.

Higgins is very much adored among management.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata/Burrows
Baertschi Sutter Burrows/Vrbata
Higgins Horvat Kenins/Dorsett
Prust Vey Dorsett/Kenins
Grenier/Friesen

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Weber
Sbisa Bartowski
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

Archived