The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Value of) Haydn Fleury

We all know that we have a pretty good prospect pool when it come to forwards and goalies but lack good defensemen. With the arrival of Noah Hanifin and the rise of Justin Faulk, I feel like it could make Haydn Fleury expandable. He has good size and is a PMD that could play shutdown defense and put up pretty good offensive numbers as well. We have many trading chips we can use to acquire him like Hamhuis, Edler, Vrbata, Higgins, and Prust. They would probably want a good forward prospect in return like Mccann to improve their prospect pool.

What do you guys think? Do you think they will be willing to trade Fleury?

Please make and comment some proposals of your own so that I could have a good idea what he's worth.

Thanks

Why would Carolina move him?

Hanifin - Faulk

Fleury - Murphy

Could be one heck of a top 4 in 3-5 years.

Will Murphy belong? :huh:

I reckon, back on topic, Fleury who is a top 10 pick, would cost McCann & a first. Maybe thats a slight overpayment? Carolina adds a 3rd...

Will Murphy belong? :huh:

I reckon, back on topic, Fleury who is a top 10 pick, would cost McCann & a first. Maybe thats a slight overpayment? Carolina adds a 3rd...

Surfer? You really think Fleury is worth that much.....

I read he took a step back last year

On the other hand McCann took a pretty good leap forwards

I guess the question is, was it enough?.........but a another first..........really?

I guess you could be right......just didn't realize the spread was that large.

They could definately use some veteran experience and toughness in that future top 4.

Sbisa + McCann + 2nd or 3rd round pick for Haydn Fleury should do it.

Essentially two mid-to-late firsts and a 2nd/3rd rounder for a high 1st.

We essentially upgrade on Sbisa to Fleury with McCann's value.

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bartkowski

Fleury - Corrado

Future defence:

Fleury - Tanev

Edler - Corrado

Bartkowski - Subban

Honestly depends where they're planning to go as a team (same for most teams and their prospects).

If they dump Ward and (try to) trade Eric Staal in a retool to build for the future around Faulk, Skinner, Hanifin, Lindholm, Rask, Lack, etc., I don't see him as a movable piece. GM Ron Francis is one of the better ones in the league (thanks for giving Eddie to them, "Trader" Jim <_<) and I don't think he'd let a guy with solid future potential like Haydn go easily.

That said, if he tries to rebuild on the fly I could see them move him for an offensively capable guy who can play on the wing and who's either kind of young (Vey?) or can play in a fill-in role in the top-6 (Higgins... plus a pick?), since aside from Eric Staal they don't really have very good left wings (Skinner ended up on the right wing).

Maybe it can be a bigger deal (Vey, Higgins, maybe pick for Fleury, pick?)

pretty much right. so who wants to trade value for value, instead of proposing junk Higgins!) for value?

Ya exactly. Value is there but don't think JB and nuck nation would be happy to trade one of these spects for another spec from Carolina who don't have the best record of development.

Personally a team like Carolina is better to keep Fleury and Build a strong core 4 D, no top end F/A D will ever sign there so they need to keep there back end as strong as possibe.

If there is any Dman who is now expendable because of others rising in the ranks its Theodore in Anaheim. They already have a young group in the NHL with Fowler, Lindholm, Vatenen and Despres. As well as Montour, Petterssen, Thompson and Larsson who are progressing now and could be NHL ready in a few years time.

Archived