The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canadian Election - Liberals Win Majority

DonLever

They are all liars, they never deliver and they all spout the same BS. Promises that never get fulfilled. They get elected and say there is too much red tape to make things happen. These clowns are ALL sickening.

I am not enamoured at all yet

But May is without a doubt a treat to watch. I know there's a few more debates but it's a shame she is not invited and i sincerely hope the major debates include her.

With 11 weeks in the election not including her in even the french language debates is a slap in the face

They aren't, none of them have anything different. Politics are run behind the scenes by the very wealthy. They do as they are told once elected. Pick your poison.

this is pretty much why i have almost entirely tuned out of politics. it seems like it would take a system-wide shakeup for people to vote for "real change" -- and i don't feel i have the energy, patience, or even interest to spread the message. i honestly feel like we (in the know) are just waiting for the traditional ideologues to catch up. caring about the current setup just seems like a tremendous waste of emotional investment

Harper's must make you violently ill then...

Harper's body language gives me the uncontrollable urge to bow. It's the body language of the King.

Harper definitely has the edge in Foreign policy, give him that.

Oh man, they're still claiming that one nutjob on parliament hill is related to ISIS?

What a bunch of propaganda BS.

Shaking my head at that one. Yet somehow someway one christian guy who murders 3 cops in the maritimes is...just mentally damaged

Trudeau just destroyed that question about the veterans and poor poor Harper woefully ducking the issue...let me be clear. Let me go back to the central question

No sir, the question was about vets. answer it

I think he is the most flustered out of everyone.

Its sad how debates are just them attacking each other.

It should be more structured. Where they pose a question, each of them gets a chance to give their response, and then open the floor to discussion.

May doing Wells' job and getting them back on track about democracy was hilarious. She has been really impressive, Harper's been on the defensive the entire time and has only shown to me how out of touch he really is, especially with regards to election reform. You don't know anyone that wants reform? Really?

May doing Wells' job and getting them back on track about democracy was hilarious. She has been really impressive, Harper's been on the defensive the entire time and has only shown to me how out of touch he really is, especially with regards to election reform. You don't know anyone that wants reform? Really?

Really :)

He is on the defensive based on his failed record at the environment, bill c 51 vets the economy and his parties sad and rather baseless lack of transparency and accountability. it is hard to make a staunch defense based on your record when your record is so flimsy

They sure do like to talk in extremes don't they?

Mulcair promising to abolish Bill C-51 for whatever that`s worth.

This debate is tame compared to the Republican debate. They're yelling, talking over each other, and making a bunch of ad hominem attacks about who's personal money goes where.

Really :)

I guess he hasn't talked to anyone who didn't vote Conservative last election.

I can't believe Harper actually used the Reputation Institute's thing as part of his argument...well...actually I can.

"Israel is the best ally we have" -Stephen Harper

Lolwut?

I had a nice chuckle at that one.

The one thing I can't stop thinking about, and this being CDC I feel like this is a good place to discuss this without seeming too crazy, now when a government's been around as long as Harper's has been, there's a lot of pent-up "throw the bums out" feeling, it just accumulates over the years. That's natural. But the thing I can't put out of my head is, it's this traumatic memory I have of how the Canucks got rid of Vigneault and brought in Tortorella, right? "Throw the bums out!" is a natural response to have when someone's been around in a controversial spot for a while and grievances build up, it's an emotional response. But sometimes that reaction leads to the bums getting thrown out and there not being anyone better. Now I am not going so far as to say that Harper is Vigneault, and Mulcair is Tortorella, and Trudeau is Eakins. That would be unfair and premature, since we know how that situation panned out while in the political arena the jury is still very much out. But it COULD be like that. I am haunted by the parallels in that analogy and it tempers my visceral "throw the bums out!" line of thinking as an undecided voter.

The same thing happened in Alberta here with our election. The PC's needed the boot, but Albertans brought in Torts with Notley. (I didn't vote for her.) She's been a disaster since arriving, which is why this election concerns me a lot. Everyone just wants the PC's out, understandably, but we might go from bad to worse here. I don't trust either Justin or Thomas. Gonna be a long election.

Archived