The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canadian Election - Liberals Win Majority

DonLever

I dunno, I'd love to see Trump as President just for the lulz. That and he'd actually take the immigration issue seriously.

It's still hard to believe this guy is seriously running.. but nonetheless..

I'm of the mind that trump is pulling a fast one.

He'll come within days of winning then drop out and throw his support behind his choice as president and reap the ridiculous benefits

Term limits like in the U.S. would be a great idea.Most leaders like everything have a shelve life and Steve Harper's best before date is coming up fast.

I agree

He's past his due date.

The biggest reason behind thus us his lack of proactive leadership and his failure at reactive leadership

So basically everything he does.

Which is Blane and insult everyone else and lie about how good he is for the economy

I agree

He's past his due date.

The biggest reason behind thus us his lack of proactive leadership and his failure at reactive leadership

So basically everything he does.

Which is Blane and insult everyone else and lie about how good he is for the economy

I would be in favor of a two term limit for PMs...

Here is my take

1 if weed is legal the next drug will be pushed again to be legalize. so on and so fort. After a while all drugs are legal and Canada is now a society of a bunch of druggies smoking everything they can get their hands on.

2 As a society and a developed one at that. We should be aiming in improving our society. I can't see how legalizing bunch of drugs and making access easier a better way. Smoking as we all know is bad for your health so why would we make more access for harmful drugs. The number of people who would use it properly, not get addicted and actually feel better would be in the far minority. Why don't we try to be more like Singapore to make our streets clean and have among the lowest crime rates in the world. Being tough on crime, parents education about avoiding these drugs, harder charges, and longer jail time on convicted criminals.

3. Just because a bunch of people are doing something doesn't mean that it should become legal. obvious sometimes we should.

I do wonder if the cons if they get 2nd or 3rd would consider joining back together with the libs or making a new cons party (again). probably not but the cons like and want power same with libs.

Hahaha the country that uses caning as punishment?

Here is my take

1 if weed is legal the next drug will be pushed again to be legalize. so on and so fort. After a while all drugs are legal and Canada is now a society of a bunch of druggies smoking everything they can get their hands on.

Let's have a drink and pop some fentanyl and talk about this shall we because they're legal.

2 As a society and a developed one at that. We should be aiming in improving our society. I can't see how legalizing bunch of drugs and making access easier a better way. Smoking as we all know is bad for your health so why would we make more access for harmful drugs. The number of people who would use it properly, not get addicted and actually feel better would be in the far minority. Why don't we try to be more like Singapore to make our streets clean and have among the lowest crime rates in the world. Being tough on crime, parents education about avoiding these drugs, harder charges, and longer jail time on convicted criminals.

You're right, let's put all pot users in jail and then further fine them and take their houses away fro growing a measly 10 plants. That will teach them. beggar their children and take their parents away for growing...a weed. Sorry hold on I need a smoke. I'm back, we need to build more prisons too i think

3. Just because a bunch of people are doing something doesn't mean that it should become legal. obvious sometimes we should.

You're right. In and out scandal, electoral fraud, satellite offices, spending scandals and endless fraud within the caucus. I know the Libs did it, but the Cons are doing it too and wait...isn't that the point you tried to make?

I do wonder if the cons if they get 2nd or 3rd would consider joining back together with the libs or making a new cons party (again). probably not but the cons like and want power same with libs.

The only way the Cons get back to being cons is IF they start a new party because there is nothing conservative about the one Harper is running.

So anyways. I am sure you get the points I was making right?

not saying going that far but harder punishments will make people think twice about doing illegal things rather then just passing laws to make it legal.

Again you're right. Let's do what states like Nevada and Texas do. 10 years mandatory minimum for posession totalling 2 grams or more. And seizure of homes and property for growing it.

Like I said nothing will teach people a lesson more than lifelong debt more jail time than a rapist or child molester and the loss of everything they own.

Why didn't anyone try this before?

Oh wait they did...it didn't work it failed it was wrong and it cost BILLIONS before they learned that lesson.

I will agree to disagree I can't convince you and vice versa

we are all Canadian and a want a better Canada at the end of the day. :)

I want the same Canada.

My goal in life is to become rich and oppress people who are lazy.

I dunno, I'd love to see Trump as President just for the lulz. That and he'd actually take the immigration issue seriously.

It's still hard to believe this guy is seriously running.. but nonetheless..

If it wasn't for the fact that I live in the US and that it's the world's most influential and powerful country, I would be rooting for him to win just so I could laugh my rear end off.

Making Trump the leader of the so-called "free world" would have disaster written all over it.

This whole thing is just Karma coming to bite the US on the butt for us rooting for Rob Ford in Toronto.

2916.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Good luck Canada. Let's hope that your political system isn't going to lead up to the same extreme version of political corruption that's seen in the U.S. It will sadden me to see it if it becomes a reality. :(

Jimmy Carter (frmr. President) said something a few days ago that I've been saying for a long time. The US system is no longer a democracy. It's an Oligarchy.

One of the reasons that the Carter Administration still gets bashed on is because Carter didn't sugar coat his criticisms while he was in office. Although that isn't the only reason. Of course though his comments didn't even get a mention in the mainstream media that are mainly run by the oligarchs that he spoke about.

There's a reason Jimmy Carter is one of the best Ex-Presidents out there.

There's a reason Jimmy Carter is one of the best Ex-Presidents out there.

Many don't think so. I consider him a brilliant but average president. He has become better with age though and speaks his mind without a filter applied. Unfortunately since he's already 90 years old, he doesn't have much longer to be with us. George H.W. Bush (#41) will be the first to go and Carter won't be too far behind him.

It's so weird how the arguments you make are just regurgitated arguments from failed experiments elsewhere. Again, it's like there's some kind of mental gap cons just can't bridge with this issue. It's like you believe it so much that if you just try and try again it'll work eventually, regardless of reality. So strange.

Here is my take

Man, the "slippery slope" argument is as lame as it gets. You sound like the gun nuts who say, "If we let them outlaw our Bazookas, the next thing they'll take away is our hunting rifles!"

It's fear mongering and nothing more. Legalizing weed means legalizing weed. Not heroin, crack, or crystal meth.

Archived