The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Senators re-sign Mike Hoffman

You need more than 1 good season to get that kind of money. Bridge contract.

UFAs need about three weeks of good performance to get that kind of money - you seriously think Hoffman wouldn't get $5m if he went UFA right now? 2/3 of the league would be lining up to sign him to a long-term deal on that.

UFAs need about three weeks of good performance to get that kind of money - you seriously think Hoffman wouldn't get $5m if he went UFA right now? 2/3 of the league would be lining up to sign him to a long-term deal on that.

He didn't even ask for that. And there's a big Difference between what an established UFA commands on the open market where every team is bidding against each other and a young RFA who has had one good season and HAS to deal with a single team can get

He didn't even ask for that. And there's a big Difference between what an established UFA commands on the open market where every team is bidding against each other and a young RFA who has had one good season and HAS to deal with a single team can get

I never said there wasn't. But if Hoffman was, for whatever reason, a UFA tomorrow morning, he would be getting $5m offers. That's what I'm saying.

I never said there wasn't. But if Hoffman was, for whatever reason, a UFA tomorrow morning, he would be getting $5m offers. That's what I'm saying.

But he's not an UFA. He's an RFA who's had one good season so far. So to say the arbitrators aren't working in the players favour simply isn't accurate

Thank goodness Jim Benning isn't an arbitrator.

Because he's the only one overpaying for players right now?

Wait and see, player salaries are only gonna get more ridiculous around the league. These inflated contracts are not just isolated to Benning and the Canucks.

Right but he's an RFA and they only use RFA comparables

Archived