The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver teen dies after suspected fentanyl overdose.

Grapefruits

you don't have to be stupid to take part in high risk behaviour.

The very act of "choosing to buy an illicit product that's more likely than not will do unknown amount of harm to your body, from a non-trustworthy source, manufactured with lots of dangerous and unknown chemicals with lots of random fillers?" is stupid. It doesn't matter what your IQ is, or how many fancy framed certificates you have hanging on the wall attesting to your 'intelligence' ..... taking part in high risk behavior such as is outlined above is about as perfect an example of "being stupid" that there is.

Let's take a trip down memory lane since between now and yesterday you've already forgotten your own posts, even though they appear on this very page:

^ This is what I responded to. Looks like I responded to the right person.

Calling it ridiculous is, itself, ridiculous.

Caffeine is a drug. It increases your heart rate and is addictive.

The soda that caffeine and artificial sugars tends to come in not only causes hypertension but diabetes and other serious health problems too.

The issue isn't whether or not people should be having it in moderation, it's the fact that, by virtue of how much of it people consume in the real world (instead of theoretically), it is far more dangerous. And this is just one food example because it's amongst the worst, and the most heavily consumed.

And the numbers don't lie, the severity of health problems caused by these chemicals and drugs at the supermarket and at fast food restaurants are far more deadly than drugs. So I agree with the premise of the person you responded to, this should be the focus far more than drugs. This is what I've been on point with the entire time, it's you who seems lost here.

Except that I had bolded the section where the other poster said this:

The crap that is in our food is every bit as dangerous as drugs you buy off the street.

That was what I responded to. And yes, the statement is ridiculous.

Except that I had bolded the section where the other poster said this:

That was what I responded to. And yes, the statement is ridiculous.

So what you're saying is, you were actually doing the teenage pedantic thing rather than responding to the post they were making.. ok. My mistake.

Archived